What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Today I cleaned up my carburetors. I forgot to take the internal after pics.

Next on the list is de-rusting and hammerite for the frame. At least the bits I can get at without pulling everything off.

This is my first bike.

C

Carb L Before.jpg

Carb R Before.jpg

Carbs After.jpg

• Like 4

Collected it from south London and took the more scenic route back to Gloucestershire. Had some fun at least although the heavy rain around Wootton Bassett wasn't expected. At least my gear was still waterproof. 

• Like 2

checked the oil and was marginally disappointed to find it didn't need any, which, on reflection was a good thing as I don't have any and its windy and cold and I just can't be bothered as I'm at work tonight. its a struggle. a daily struggle trying to find things wrong with this bike. obviously the biggest disappointment of all was that the dipstick doesn't need a torque wrench to do up correctly. I feel like writing a sternly worded letter to Honda.

never mind... nearly bedtime.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, billy sugger said:

@Gerontious, only a dipstick would need a torque wrench to do up a dipstick

hence my disappointment was so profound. so much so that I had to have a little nap. I recovered while listening to Zappa waxing lyrical about catholic girls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerontious said:

hence my disappointment was so profound. so much so that I had to have a little nap. I recovered while listening to Zappa waxing lyrical about catholic girls.

Maybe you could help Kenny burn his poots away..... 

• Haha 1

Rode it around Gloucester and nearly got knocked off on a roundabout by an apparently blind Mercedes driver.

Then washed it having realised its been left filthy for over 2 months. Oops.

Edited by S-Westerly

Added the 500 to my  600s insurance policy. No extra cost, so a result. Will tax it tomorrow when it comes live, then get it in for its MOT ASAP.

Just in time for my new commute to work (22 miles each way) in the crap weather 

• Like 2

Went out in my usual November kit. Then decided I'd take a chance on the weather and changed into my summer kit. Just got in having had a wonderful ride on dry roads and perfect temperature. 

The tank on the Bobber is getting low so I'll fill it with E5 as it won't get as much use over winter. 

• Like 3

Changed a front side light bulb on the Silverwing.

The lamp holder is underneath a plastic panel below the screen, one of the mounting clips had previously been "repaired" in a fairly ugly style ( not me I might add). Out with the rapid Araldite and good as new....

20221113_144456.jpg