What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

13 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

So how do you round a windward mark? 

It's just a saying that you might hear in posh yacht clubs. Boats heel more when sailing to windward. Victorian era yachts would get wet. Owners would be worried their guests would spill their G&T. ....It's just a joke. Or perhaps not. I'm not entirely sure. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Davidtav said:

It's just a saying that you might hear in posh yacht clubs. Boats heel more when sailing to windward. Victorian era yachts would get wet. Owners would be worried their guests would spill their G&T. ....It's just a joke. Or perhaps not. I'm not entirely sure. 

If you don't want to get wet don't get on a boat. A hard close hauled beat into a stiff wind is what it's all about. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

If you don't want to get wet don't get on a boat. A hard close hauled beat into a stiff wind is what it's all about. 

Sailing inevitably involves up wind legs.

Racing there is a certain pleasure in the tactics getting to the windward mark the and positions gained or lost.

Cruising however its more comfortable when you can crack the sheets and she can find her legs.

When racing these legs can become a dull precession with few gains or losses possible.

Apparently the race back Saturday turned into a flat calm motor which is less preferable to us than the stiff beat to windward.

On 08/10/2022 at 17:39, Pie man said:

Thats the one, it was quite pleasant, had a nice brew in the cafe, however; so many roundabouts, I got lost leaving the place 😂

Yes there's a lot of roundabouts here!! 

It's not actually too bad round there to be honest! 

Prepped it for another slog up to Northumberland on Wednesday. May go up the west side and have a bit of fun on the Borders and down through Kielder or similar. Weather permitting. Hate the M6 between Birmingham and the Mersey.

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Yes there's a lot of roundabouts here!! 

It's not actually too bad round there to be honest! 

If I didn't need to be home early for a Gary Barlow concert, I would have liked to have taken some of the roads over the moors. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not quite today but I got my bike professionally cleaned and winter proofed including ceramic coating. 10 year old bike now shines and looking factory fresh. I can literally see myself in the paintwork. 

Big thanks to Trotts motorcycle valeting down in Watford. Lovely gentleman, top work and a fair price. 

IMG_20220929_181531.jpg

• Like 3

Changed the front sprocket. Could still here the scraping noise from the chain so decided to investigate further, and this is the result. Yo be fair, the sprocket fits both ways, so maybe I should just turn it round and keep the new one in its chain kit 🤔😅 I would have changed the whole lot, but I need a new pin for my splitter and I'm getting too buggered in my joints to be crawling about on the floor. (anyone got a lifting table they don't want?) 

IMG_20221011_191541.jpg

IMG_20221011_191708.jpg

On 11/10/2022 at 10:54, daveinlim said:

Not quite today but I got my bike professionally cleaned and winter proofed including ceramic coating. 10 year old bike now shines and looking factory fresh. I can literally see myself in the paintwork. 

Big thanks to Trotts motorcycle valeting down in Watford. Lovely gentleman, top work and a fair price. 

IMG_20220929_181531.jpg

Professionally cleaned ….. how lazy , unless it was a topples tart doing it .

On 12/10/2022 at 19:28, Throttled said:

Bloody hell, £101 to tax the bike!

Yeh it’s a joke , meant to be based on emissions , I got a 10 plate 1.6 diesel fiesta here zero road tax , so a bike is chucking out more emissions than that .

9 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Yeh it’s a joke , meant to be based on emissions , I got a 10 plate 1.6 diesel fiesta here zero road tax , so a bike is chucking out more emissions than that .

Bikes aren't based on emission's they are based on CC size 

We don't want it on emissions as bikes produce more hydrocarbons than cars you would be talking about £500 tax :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Bikes aren't based on emission's they are based on CC size 

We don't want it on emissions as bikes produce more hydrocarbons than cars you would be talking about £500 tax :lol: 

I stand corrected 

7 hours ago, Six30 said:

I stand corrected 

Welcome back . What have you been up to then ? I've got a proper Harley now courtesy of Mr Frog and he's gone and got an even bigger and madder one . James in Brum appears to have quit motorbikes for now and all the usual old scrotes are still chuntering on ..