What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

On 18/05/2023 at 17:49, Bungleaio said:

I have indeed had the seat off but it was just to adjust the height rather for maintenance reasons.

The key only releases the pillion seat which then reveals a leaver to release the main seat. There’s also the complications of the wiring as both seats are heated. It is a quite exciting process. 

Fnar fnar that sounds devilishly fafftastic. I might attach some wires to my seat, and an alarm clock. Tick tock tick tock... Ominous. I might also keep a roll of foam under it, to aid the knees when it inevitably blows and I need to put it all back together again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tinkicker said:

Ducks all in a line and first ride out this morning.  Just 30 miles or so to ease myself back in.  No speed limits were broken, not by much anyway.  No overtaking or knee down antics.

Just a sad old git reliving his youth with a sedate ride on his 25 year old bike.

25 years old ?   Looks like it's just out the showroom !  

Well done.

Yes that Viffer looks alright!

I've managed to get my Daytona out, I'm going to start getting it ready for a little ride out in September.

Just whip the sub frame off and make a few adjustments and see how we go.

Daytonasubframeoff.thumb.jpg.9be0a144c07ffed62e94173eab9f3b59.jpg

• Like 1

Fitted a Quad Lock phone holder, with vibration damper onto the bike.  Easy job, and seems like a pretty robust bit of kit.  Use my phone as a sat nav now when I go away.

A brilliant ride yesterday . Worked my way over to Sally's Place on the Malvern Hills avoiding all the bottlenecks at Worcester , Pershore , Upton etc . Enjoyed the best BLT ever and my bike was joined by another Dyna Custom. Came home via Cheltenham , Broadway and Stratford upon Avon . 

IMG_20230521_145350877.jpg

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 5

Sounds a nice ride fastbob. I used go rowing on the Avon in Stratford upon Avon, after catching umpteen buses and trains from Cov.

Now I'm not sure why but I was drawn to your "Bike(s)" listing, with the Harley as being 1585cc - I've never bothered to do the conversion from cubic fahrenheits or whatever it is myself - times by two and add 32? Anyway, that's an interesting size, bigger than I thought. So I went googling and one of the top hits, ultimatespecs.com lists some engine details:

image.png.ceeff932a78d571669359ddc3b43b2fa.png

Where is the hp?!!

image.png.cbfc943195fa56f63a834b7b9d523a68.png

300kg. Interesting. Anyway I'm not taking the piss, I'd love to have a go on one someday, but I never thought to look up the specs before and I'm just a bit in awe of the top trumps nature of some of the values. I bet it's a laugh to ride.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bender said:

Removed the battery as the fooker don't have enough juice to get it going.......

Did you get it going? The battery on the CD250 I sold was quite dead, having not been used, left unloved, for probably 6 years. But, the guy has got it going again on the same battery. I was impressed. Mind, it only takes a tickle to get them going.

who need bhp with 92 freakin foot pounds of Torque?

oh no. I've gone and poked wasps nest....

• Haha 1

today Im off to sunny Newark on Trent for a fun packed day of training entitled "Suicide, self harm and ligature rescue" going on the bike then popping over to see our old friend Snod Blatter, who's is currently having BMW problems. so this training might be useful. dib dib dib.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bonio said:

who need bhp with 92 freakin foot pounds of Torque?

oh no. I've gone and poked wasps nest....

Brave. I refuse to do any conversions but it does seem capable of tightening the wheel nut on my nc30, 3000 times a minute. 

3 hours ago, Gerontious said:

today Im off to sunny Newark on Trent for a fun packed day of training entitled "Suicide, self harm and ligature rescue" going on the bike then popping over to see our old friend Snod Blatter, who's is currently having BMW problems. so this training might be useful. dib dib dib.

Uh oh, is he having an issue? Is it stuck in the house?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, smallfrowne said:

Did you get it going? The battery on the CD250 I sold was quite dead, having not been used, left unloved, for probably 6 years. But, the guy has got it going again on the same battery. I was impressed. Mind, it only takes a tickle to get them going.

Will be on charge for next couple of days, I've been away, might get it fitted on sat but got a wedding this weekend 🤔 

20 hours ago, smallfrowne said:

Sounds a nice ride fastbob. I used go rowing on the Avon in Stratford upon Avon, after catching umpteen buses and trains from Cov.

Now I'm not sure why but I was drawn to your "Bike(s)" listing, with the Harley as being 1585cc - I've never bothered to do the conversion from cubic fahrenheits or whatever it is myself - times by two and add 32? Anyway, that's an interesting size, bigger than I thought. So I went googling and one of the top hits, ultimatespecs.com lists some engine details:

image.png.ceeff932a78d571669359ddc3b43b2fa.png

Where is the hp?!!

image.png.cbfc943195fa56f63a834b7b9d523a68.png

300kg. Interesting. Anyway I'm not taking the piss, I'd love to have a go on one someday, but I never thought to look up the specs before and I'm just a bit in awe of the top trumps nature of some of the values. I bet it's a laugh to ride.

That's the thing , it's a laugh to ride . I'm not making excuses for HD but all the normal criteria just don't apply . You've got to try one but be aware that the more modern Harleys with even bigger engines have got refinements such as twin balancer shafts that take a lot of the character out of them . 

People tend to look down on Sportsters but they are actually closer to the rough and ready feel that is synonymous with HD . 1200 cc is not a small engine . Consider that early Electra Glides were only 1200s and it puts things into perspective . And talking of Electra Glides , if you fancy one of these luxurious leviathans there are plenty about in pristine condition at ridiculously low money .   

IMG_20210530_193139425_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Not today but at the weekend

Rode it loads! covered about 350 miles maybe more 

Which put me over 10k miles in two years on the bike :shock: 

Not bad for just a toy eh 

• Like 3

Yesterday went out in the evening to South Leverton, decent turnout in the sun.

SouthLeverton1.thumb.jpg.64e4a16d65ce32c8f1773fedec34e3c9.jpg

Nice sunbeam, the  paint and style sort of reminds me of watching Fred Dibnah go round looking at steam engines and placing pennies on crankshafts.

sunbeam.thumb.jpg.55c64ac51eb4b3b5b753dd85c0f00da2.jpg

Then, today. My pal from down the road and round the corner, who I don't really know other than we say hello to one another as he goes by to catch a bus. Oh and he figured out that I will order him stuff online because he's not allowed to at home - assisted living of some sort I think. But for aaaaaaages he's been asking for a top box. He never wants to pay much money (same as anyone) and wanted one for about a tenner for the back of his electric assist push bike... I said he'd struggle. Then a few weeks ago he came back with a scrappy piece of paper with "XLMOTO" written on it. Well there it was, a full sized top box for £9.99 reduced from about £40. Postage was a fiver on top - I let him off with that as I ended up getting a few more bits like a paddock stand for me dad (£25). Took a few weeks to come from somewhere in europe, but here it is - a bit of flat pack assembly required:

xlmototopbox1.thumb.jpg.4f5fcdb097a28fb7f6fdde6c68965ce5.jpg

Made in Portugal. Probably by Polisport. And today he turned up with it having been built it up and lashed on.

xlmototopbox2.thumb.jpg.414f7b329342c03d0ca602ec6d817aea.jpg

I did comment that it's quite far back on the edge of the rack - but it doesn't open up properly further forward - but it'll snap off - oh it's only for cigs and sweets.

I actually saw one one the back of a motorbike leaving leverton, weird that how you start seeing stuff everywhere. Anyway for a tenner, new, I'm impressed.

• Like 6

Epic 6 hours of work on the 600. 

New sprockets front and back, new  DD gold chain, new rear disc and pads (old disc on wear limit). 

Old chain has 2 stiffish links that should clear up after a good soak in parrafin and both sprockets are not unduly worn so will keep them all in case of emergency 

• Like 1