What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

33 minutes ago, Fish said:

Starting in Maidstone, a colleague and myself went out for a wee ride today. Off the Bewl Waters for stop #1, down to Hastings, along to Rye for a stop #2 then down to Dungeoness, Dymchurch and into Hythe then back to Maidstone. Circa 6 hours of good company and decent(ish) roads. One empty tank of fuel.

He appears to have the same issue around the fuel tank mis-reading. Dash flashing empty, only to put a little over 8 ltrs into his ER6F (16 litres). I waited until I got close to home and put 12 ltrs in.

Hi Fish, I think the misleading reading is caused by resistance settings on the electronic dipstick. Mine is a series of contacts on a curved thing that sits in the tank, like a cistern filler, the old float thing

On 16/10/2021 at 19:01, Turbogirlie said:

140 mile round trip in Mid Wales today, taking in the Elan Valley Dams and Llyn Clywedog.  A nice mix of roads and nice weather for the time of year.

Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 18.46.27.png

A couple of photos from our ride yesterday.

IMG_20211017_201646_220.jpg

IMG_20211017_201159_036.jpg

IMG_20211017_201427_500.jpg

IMG_20211017_200635_966.jpg

• Like 8

I got knocked off last week. White van man went into the back of me while I was stopped at the lights.

Fortunately, his insurers have already accepted liability.

bikertcfb.jpg

• Sad 11

6 minutes ago, Bender said:

Hope your OK, is bike repairable? 

I'm a bit sore, but fortunately it's soft tissue damage only. Damage to my bike appears fairly superficial (fairing, indicator, brake lever, bar end etc) unless there's more damage that isn't immediately obvious.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DJP said:

I'm a bit sore, but fortunately it's soft tissue damage only. Damage to my bike appears fairly superficial (fairing, indicator, brake lever, bar end etc) unless there's more damage that isn't immediately obvious.

Bikes easier to fix than you 👍 

• Like 2

Went in the garage and saw the bike wanting a leg stretch and a breakfast and a brew! 

Sadly it can't do either so I'm eating the breakfast and drinking the brew :lol:

There's a few out considering 

7 hours ago, DJP said:

I got knocked off last week. White van man went into the back of me while I was stopped at the lights.

Fortunately, his insurers have already accepted liability.

bikertcfb.jpg

Not good. Glad you are reasonably ok. Had that happen 12 months ago, also the 3rd party admitted liability.  Insurers declared it an economical write off. Think that was mainly the cost of a new fairing. 

• Like 1

Wrong tense because I haven’t done it yet but today is new bike day. 😀😀 What’s even better is that the forecast for this afternoon when I ride up on my current bike to pick up the new one is 24° and sunny. There will be plenty of opportunities to get the new one damp and dirty over the coming months. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, DuRavary said:

Wrong tense because I haven’t done it yet but today is new bike day. 😀😀 What’s even better is that the forecast for this afternoon when I ride up on my current bike to pick up the new one is 24° and sunny. There will be plenty of opportunities to get the new one damp and dirty over the coming months. 

You're obviously not in wet and windy Britain- lucky sod at the moment.

I’ve only ridden it 50 miles so far but am very pleased. The area around where I live has an unlimited number of unpaved chemins and grassy lanes. Many of the smaller backroads have fairly loose surfaces too. The CB500X is far more at home around here than my Pan European ever was and I’m hoping that it will be up to doing the longer trips I’m used to doing as well as the Pyrénées are a half day’s ride south and the Alps à good day to the east. 🙂🙂

51B834E6-E2E4-46C4-810F-AB892632FE5A.jpeg

• Like 4