What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Searching eBay on behalf of someone else looking for a Harley clutch spring compressor and I got a pleasant surprise when I found a picture of my own bike on eBay . I think I must have sent the picture with the positive feedback . And before anyone says a word , the carpet is out of a skip . 

Screenshot_20211021-210832.png

• Haha 5

On 15/10/2021 at 23:38, oldgrump said:

Well I did somethink stupid!! I fell off😂.

Can't believe it's 21 year's since I dropped a bike? And the first time with the wife on the bike in over 38yrs.

Went to ride over a Car park metal exit ramp, the bike just seemed to stop halfway,  and next thing we're both laying on the grass bank,  had to laugh. 

Luckily no real damage,  bent front brake lever,  and as we picked bike up noticed nice piece of metal in rear tyre!!

Didn't touch it,  checked pressure after 50miles,  fine, so just carried on the last 90 miles home. 

More bloody expense 🤭.

20211014_180529.jpg

20211014_180702.jpg

Oh no. Not good !!! 😒

Needed to wash the bike after getting piss wet through on Monday 

So went for a ride first :lol: 

Back home to wash it then I decided to check the valve clearances and also the timing as these are known for moving slightly as the miles go up 

All valves are within spec but the timing is out ever so slightly so I will adjust that over the winter 

20211022_185321.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Needed to wash the bike after getting piss wet through on Monday 

So went for a ride first :lol: 

Back home to wash it then I decided to check the valve clearances and also the timing as these are known for moving slightly as the miles go up 

All valves are within spec but the timing is out ever so slightly so I will adjust that over the winter 

20211022_185321.jpg

I need to get a 40" phone how do you adjust the timing, I can't see any timing marks? 

Screenshot_20211022-213940.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bender said:

I need to get a 40" phone how do you adjust the timing, I can't see any timi g marks? 

Screenshot_20211022-213940.png

You wont if you keep zooming in on the bloody logo you BMW obsessed knobhead :lol: 

There is no timing marks on these it works with a locking tool 

It either fits or it doesn't if it doesn't then the timing is out then you have to undo the cam sprocket nuts and adjust the cams until the locking tool fits 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stu said:

You wont if you keep zooming in on the bloody logo you BMW obsessed knobhead :lol: 

There is no timing marks on these it works with a locking tool 

It either fits or it doesn't if it doesn't then the timing is out then you have to undo the cam sprocket nuts and adjust the cams until the locking tool fits 

God your getting grouchy 😂 it's not like I said your engine was made in China. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DuRavary said:

Let’s hope so. 

I don't need to hope! 7 hours between riding and checking and as the book states as long as its below 35 degree's which it was 

Some of us do know what we are doing 

Well the plan was to take the scenic route to Salisbury then Stockbridge finishing up in Shepperton. The demon Murphy got involved and somewhere north of Salisbury the gear change stopped working with it stuck in 3rd. Managed to get as far as north Salisbury and a pub. Found a M6 bolt had vibrated itself out separating the linkage so no way to change gear. Not a happy camper and now waiting for the RAC. 

• Sad 6

The RAC are my Nobs of the Year. 2 hours passed with no sign. Phoned again whereupon I was told it might be another 2 hours. Told them to cancel and called out my son in law. He arrived 80 minutes later and 10 minutes after that I was back on the road. Of course by then it was pitch black and 4 C so high speed run up the A303 and M3 instead of the interesting route planned.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

The RAC are my Nobs of the Year. 2 hours passed with no sign. Phoned again whereupon I was told it might be another 2 hours. Told them to cancel and called out my son in law. He arrived 80 minutes later and 10 minutes after that I was back on the road. Of course by then it was pitch black and 4 C so high speed run up the A303 and M3 instead of the interesting route planned.

I waited for 51/2 hours for them in November 2020 with a puncture. A complete stranger, that had seen me sat at the side of the road on their way out, and was still there when they returned, came back to me, (this is about midnight) with a hot water bottle and a flask. She let me into her car to get warm, then called the RAC and gave them a right bollocking 

Yesterday "had to make a delivery in Brechin.

1 1/2hr each way just under 120 miles return. 😎

Was either that or relying on RM for the job. :thumb: 

On the plus side, found out that my heated grips are gone and my waterproof suit that I got for £70 is brilliant at 6C with speed 70(ish)mph.

Next need to get some heated gloves.