Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

2 hours ago, NeilM said:

Good evening. 

So i did the walk and talk again today with the batley bulldogs.

Tell you what.

Don't want to preach and we all know I'm a bit of a mental health warrior.  BUT get out there, get in fresh air (ish living on the sodding west Yorkshire conurbation)...

If players, former players, random RL eejits from the toughest sport there is can talk.  Every bugger can.

Unfortunately there’s still a lingering machismo in Judo, especially among the old timers,  despite the tragedy of one of the U.K.’s best ever players, Craig Fallon, committing suicide not so long ago. No idea how you get past that. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Unfortunately there’s still a lingering machismo in Judo, especially among the old timers,  despite the tragedy of one of the U.K.’s best ever players, Craig Fallon, committing suicide not so long ago. No idea how you get past that. 

Takes a long time and crucially as we discussed today.  It takes respected and in a macho sport "a fxxxxxx hard lad to stand up and open up"

It also helps in RL that we've not had the racial and homophobic issues associated with other sports so mental health could be prioritised. 

• Like 1

Top of the morning ppl :thumb: 

First "Friday bike day" of the year 🥳

Travelling 50 miles to work with temps between 2.8 and 9.5c

Fog at times but well worth.

Edited by husoi
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dynax said:

Good morning :thumb:

I think I over slept a bit :lol:

The weather is looking a bit dull and overcast, think I will stay at home today.

Brightening and warming up just down the road in Rotherham .... I'm off ....... Hemswell Cliff for brekkie

56 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Good morning.

After two days of sunshine, with intentions of having a nice little jaunt out on the bike the weather turns grotty. And I test positive for covid. Bugger.

Well stop testing then .... and get out for a ride on the bike   🙂

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

Good morning.

After two days of sunshine, with intentions of having a nice little jaunt out on the bike the weather turns grotty. And I test positive for covid. Bugger.

That's pretty poor timing! 

How are you feeling with it? I'm hearing it's less of a coughing fit spree, and more a head cold now from those around me. Know a couple who woke up with a fever, having some weird hallucinations. I got away with just the room spinning when I came down with it. 

Not a good mix for riding on the bike, but hopefully the cold snap this week is just a snap. There's always next week :thumb:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

That's pretty poor timing! 

How are you feeling with it? I'm hearing it's less of a coughing fit spree, and more a head cold now from those around me. Know a couple who woke up with a fever, having some weird hallucinations. I got away with just the room spinning when I came down with it. 

Not a good mix for riding on the bike, but hopefully the cold snap this week is just a snap. There's always next week :thumb:

I’ve had a metallic taste and smell for a few days, shortness of breath (which I ascribed to  asthma but since I was recently put on steroid treatment is unlikely), headache, stomach cramps, runny nose, and slight dizziness. 

My good lady is on the tail end of her infection, a few more days and hopefully no long covid, and she should be ok. I seem to be following a few days behind her…

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Well stop testing then .... and get out for a ride on the bike   🙂

He doesn't have to stop testing to do that :roll: 

You can go out and there is no need to isolate but I am sure @Steve_M is happier knowing he has got it and would more than likely avoid contact with others to prevent it spreading! 

Stopping testing doesn't make it go away nor does it stop you suffering when you do get it 

• Like 3