Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good evening.

Works busy, got a trip over to Anglesey this weekend to see family, which will be nice. On the bike as well.

Girlfriend is stressed as she's over worked, and got some drama in her friend group, which I then put my foot in it over. We went to a wedding last year and it hasn't lasted the year. Apparently the fella was working in America for weeks on end, got cracking on with someone who was not his wife, and not his wife got upset when he broke things off and told his actual wife. I haven't been much help as on the third time she's said "I knew something like this would happen, they had a bumpy relationship in the past" and I curiously replied with "If you were so sure, why did neither you or any friends approach her about it before she married him?". Apparently this wasn't the moment for a reasoned discussion, and "you don't get how these things work". 

Which is fair enough. It's why I mostly stick to bikes :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

18 stone 9lb to 16 Stone 11lb, its getting tough. Struggling to get to 16 Stone. I would like to hit the target before my Euro trip, but its bloody hard going. I'm thinking Dulcolax 😂

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Good evening.

Works busy, got a trip over to Anglesey this weekend to see family, which will be nice. On the bike as well.

Girlfriend is stressed as she's over worked, and got some drama in her friend group, which I then put my foot in it over. We went to a wedding last year and it hasn't lasted the year. Apparently the fella was working in America for weeks on end, got cracking on with someone who was not his wife, and not his wife got upset when he broke things off and told his actual wife. I haven't been much help as on the third time she's said "I knew something like this would happen, they had a bumpy relationship in the past" and I curiously replied with "If you were so sure, why did neither you or any friends approach her about it before she married him?". Apparently this wasn't the moment for a reasoned discussion, and "you don't get how these things work". 

Which is fair enough. It's why I mostly stick to bikes :lol:

It's a Sisterhood thing, leave well alone !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pie man said:

18 stone 9lb to 16 Stone 11lb, its getting tough. Struggling to get to 16 Stone. I would like to hit the target before my Euro trip, but its bloody hard going. I'm thinking Dulcolax 😂

That's good going.  Skip any form of sugar, or bread or pasta or any low fat crap. Don't eat fruit or vegetables. Fishes, eggs and any kind of meat until you're full and you'll be alright.

And no beer !  just drink red wine.... cheap stuff.

• Haha 1

If a steak doesn't bleed onto the plate when cut it's a piece of leather. That one of Tiggie's looks pretty decent. Medium rare is the most well done I'll accept. Made a fuss once in a restaurant when I got a well done (dried out and horrible) steak in error and ended up with a free bottle of wine and a replacement properly cooked steak. 

• Like 5

Last night and today has been spent with my good lady’s uni friends joining in a small reunion in Dovedale. They’ve kept in touch over the last 30/40 years but this is the first time they’ve had a proper get together. Some interesting conversations and sharing lives led. What a nice bunch.

To round it off I took one of the wives out as pillion - only her 2nd time on a bike  - while my good lady went out in their Porsche. Now about to visit another friend who lives just outside Baslow. 

• Like 4

Totally pissed off with this weather. Finally get the bike good to go and its raining - again. Swear to god it's been raining for 5 days out of 7 since I got home. Bloody hate this weather. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Totally pissed off with this weather. Finally get the bike good to go and its raining - again. Swear to god it's been raining for 5 days out of 7 since I got home. Bloody hate this weather. 

It's been pretty miserable seems if we get I day of sun we get punished with a week of rain. I don't mind the cold if rhe sun is out. I hope next month  gives us a break

41 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

It's been pretty miserable seems if we get I day of sun we get punished with a week of rain. I don't mind the cold if rhe sun is out. I hope next month  gives us a break

More than fifty years ago we were promised global warming.  I waited and waited and there's still no sign of vineyards in Ayrshire.

I gave up and moved to France.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

There's a drought on, don't you know.

https://www.bordertelegraph.com/news/national/uk-today/23478640.hosepipe-ban-2023-restrictions-extended-cornwall-devon/#:~:text=The hosepipe ban has been,break the cycle of drought".

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Lots of low water levels access Europe,already had first wild fires 🔥

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Off to J&S this morning with one of riding buddies who has had surgery so he's not riding at the moment.  There's a good cafe so I'm picking him up for a brekkie. No doubt purchases will happen as well. 

I was there last Sunday. Not a bad café, not keen on J&S, I cant put my finger on it, but I thought a lot of the stock appeared meh.   

Been for a ride over the 4 shire's this evening, Lancashire, Cheshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire. Covered approx 100Miles. Sadly there was a motorcycle accident on the A54. I hope the rider is OK. :cry:Headed back over the Cat n Fiddle, great views of Jodrell Bank. 

Back from an interesting couple of days meeting my good lady’s uni friends for the first time. We returned through the hell that is the Peak District 50mph limits onto the M1, A1(M) (more bloody 50 limits) A68 and A689 home.