Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good morning! 

Jobs seem to be a hot topic at the moment, my brother is interviewing for a few places after walking from a role he felt was highly miss-sold to him. He's in IT and said the interviews go well, he meets the competencies quite easily, but then the HR people try to play games. Including what he felt were test questions to see how he felt about taking a lower position. And when they back pedal, I think it's making him want to shut the door on them on principle. But he's got a big war chest, so he's happy to not work and have some downtime. 

My company are losing people, and the boss admitted he can't hire anyone as they (and this is the exact quote) "they are less skilled and experienced, and then ask for more money than you guys are on". Some ears pricked up, and now a survey on how we feel about our jobs has dropped. And a suggestion we pursue other roles in the same company. 

One of my best friends from London messaged to say he's walking away from his job, with nothing lined up. 

Job market seems very chaotic at the minute!

• Like 2

I'm thinking of leaving my current job because the company keeps piling more things to do on me. 

I've gone from setting/operating a press to booking goods in that is for my section, wrapping the work once I've punched holes in it and then crating it up for shipping. At my age all I want to do is just run the press

• Like 4

It's the HR department that are giving me the runaround atm! ( big multi-national company)

The interview people near enough told me I'd got the job :scratch:

so far the HR have failed to communicate when they were supposed to every time apart from once,

sent the wrong job details, sent the wrong salary!, interfered in the interview process that they set up!

I had to do it twice! :scratch:

This is why I'm slightly concerned that it's all going to go pear-shaped until I get an actual job offer

Not forgetting that, whilst all this is going on, I'm earning no money!

I did get a £500+ tax rebate today though! :thumb:

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, rennie said:

It's the HR department that are giving me the runaround atm! ( big multi-national company)

The interview people near enough told me I'd got the job :scratch:

so far the HR have failed to communicate when they were supposed to every time apart from once,

sent the wrong job details, sent the wrong salary!, interfered in the interview process that they set up!

I had to do it twice! :scratch:

This is why I'm slightly concerned that it's all going to go pear-shaped until I get an actual job offer

Not forgetting that, whilst all this is going on, I'm earning no money!

I did get a £500+ tax rebate today though! :thumb:

H’mm, seems very familiar, it’s not JLR is it ?

Trying to plan a September trip. Each evening I sit with the laptop looking at places/countries, but for some reason, I just cant be arsed trying to organise anything. Anyone else do this or are you well organised.  

7 hours ago, Mickly said:

H’mm, seems very familiar, it’s not JLR is it ?

If it's jlr I wouldn't worry about it, at any one time half of hr are probably broken down at the side of the road in one of their own products 😂 the other half are asleep working from home 🤔

• Haha 1

Good evening! 

Nearly Friday. It's been a very long week. And a team member has gone on long term sick leave, so now there are only 3 lead electrical engineers holding the whole show together. We had 7 a year ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, dynax said:

Good morning :thumb:

Having a ride to The Forest of Bowland today :thumb:

That’s been on my list for the last couple of years but I keep getting distracted by the Scottish Borders and Northumberland.

• Like 1

I’ve been kinda busy for the last week or two.

A trip to the Smoke to spend a little time walking around Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, visiting the Natural History and Science museums. But primarily to go see We Will Rock You (for the third time).

Then there was a trip to Norfolk to see my son and family. It was great to see my grandson for only the second time. 

There was a slight difference in accommodation, for each, mostly price… It did remind me why I haven’t camped since attending the Le Mans 24hrs event in 2008. 

And now I’m back to house renovations / DIY

A59FF8FB-FEDD-4E56-92D1-659BC7FC11FB.jpeg

BAD6188D-1372-4845-9886-05E9C7547128.jpeg

598A4D30-0987-427D-81B2-9D11844A773F.jpeg

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 3

Good morning :thumb:

Fantastic day lots of miles done, nothing in the way of facilities at the Forest of Bowland, trees, rocks, water and lots of sheep is all you will find, and lots of smiles from the winding roads :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rennie said:

Didn't get the job! :crybaby: It was Babcock. Oh well back to the drawing board

All seemed to be going in your favour! Sounds like it was a close decision, which is a positive. Hope something comes through for you soon!

• Thanks 1