Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good evening. 
Last night, around 10pm, the Northern Lights were visible from near our location. The photo was taken by someone in the nearby town. I’d been outside looking at the night sky earlier but missed the spectacle. It’s something I’ve wanted to see since I visited Norway as a youth. 

Tonight I shall be staying up, standing at the top of the paddock looking north, camera in hand, hoping to see it. 

Wish me luck.

E8CA0188-1AB7-41BB-8EA7-81F7B6E12982.jpeg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Good evening. 
Last night, around 10pm, the Northern Lights were visible from near our location. The photo was taken by someone in the nearby town. I’d been outside looking at the night sky earlier but missed the spectacle. It’s something I’ve wanted to see since I visited Norway as a youth. 

Tonight I shall be staying up, standing at the top of the paddock looking north, camera in hand, hoping to see it. 

Wish me luck.

E8CA0188-1AB7-41BB-8EA7-81F7B6E12982.jpeg

That's something I've always wanted to see. We had some bozo with a green laser in the woods last week, but it wasn't the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got a phone? Then get the AuroraWatchUK app.

Last night at about 10 it put out an alert saying aurora should be visible over the whole UK. Rushed the window. Raining and cloudy. Two hours later the stars came out, but the aurora had already stopped.

Last night was supposed to be particularly good one.   

1 hour ago, bonio said:

Got a phone? Then get the AuroraWatchUK app.

Last night at about 10 it put out an alert saying aurora should be visible over the whole UK. Rushed the window. Raining and cloudy. Two hours later the stars came out, but the aurora had already stopped.

Last night was supposed to be particularly good one.   

I have the app.

The sky is clear with little or no light pollution here, the stars are bright but no sign of the Aurora, and my camera isn’t up to the task of capturing it anyway. 🙁

16 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Since both bikes have been serviced so there's nothing else to do there I've made a crane for the train layout.

IMG_20211105_160855639.jpg

Has the Missus realised her necklace has gone missing? 😆

• Haha 2

Bought myself two new fishing rods today from fishing republic at go outdoors, I have bought a 2.7m and 3.3m one this is the link to the 2.7m one https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16029256/shimano-alivio-slim-te-gt-270m-16029256

I am really impressed them, I think I might give them a try out tomorrow :thumb:

go_366487_a?w=861&h=861

Edited by dynax
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Six30 said:

on to fishing now , whats happened with the Liberace act ?

I am still learning although I don't have as much time as I would like to spend on it, but I have always fished since I was a nipper, can't beat being outside in the fresh air to help clear the mind :thumb:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dynax said:

I am still learning although I don't have as much time as I would like to spend on it, but I have always fished since I was a nipper, can't beat being outside in the fresh air to help clear the mind :thumb:

Sea fishing I gather? I used to love sea fishing round N Wales. I just don't get the time these days. Night fishing was always my favourite. Not that I was particularly good at it. I think I only caught the ones who had a death wish.