Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

13 minutes ago, goat said:

Building work well under way. Whoever did it before proper bodged it. Under the old conservatory is all old paving slabs and holes. Started taking out some horrible steps in the garden and found the outside electrics all met in a taped up jewsons bag. Quality.IMG-20220721-WA0002.thumb.jpg.44afb5fd069460b24258d038b85450ed.jpg20220722_170900.thumb.jpg.3201318b16ab0bce839accff047ea7cd.jpg

At least it was a Jewsons bag and not just any old plastic bag. 

18 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

At least it was a Jewsons bag and not just any old plastic bag. 

That's it. Builders merchants bags are especially designed for these tasks. 

11 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Oh well the end of an era our old girl has been sold today and goes to a new happy home next week. I'll be sad to see it go 😭

02.jpg

Are you going to replace it or just ending having a caravan?

Here's ours, it's brilliant to tow as it weighs 600kg, is no wider than the car and has a pop top.

IMG_20220724_075956458.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Oh well the end of an era our old girl has been sold today and goes to a new happy home next week. I'll be sad to see it go 😭

02.jpg

It was going when you bought it going off the name.... 😂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Are you going to replace it or just ending having a caravan?

Here's ours, it's brilliant to tow as it weighs 600kg, is no wider than the car and has a pop top.

IMG_20220724_075956458.jpg

Yes similar size to ours a dream to tow. I would love to have kept it as it was like new however with my health lugging it around putting down corner steady and all that will be too much. We decided to sell it now while summers here and get a decent price. The ladies that bought it have some great holiday plans so just happy its still being used. 

6 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Yes similar size to ours a dream to tow. I would love to have kept it as it was like new however with my health lugging it around putting down corner steady and all that will be too much. We decided to sell it now while summers here and get a decent price. The ladies that bought it have some great holiday plans so just happy its still being used. 

Motor mover with remote control and a good battery impact gun for legs would sort the heavy stuff, shame when health impacts things you like. 

Went to Go Outdoors to finish getting my camping stuff, bought the Trangia spirit cookset, very impressed with it, got it for the discounted online price of £72, tried the kettle as a test and took around ten minutes to boil a mug full of water and hardly used any fuel, so that will do me very nicely, will have to give it a proper test though in actual use, but can't see any problems with it.

Next will be finding places to camp, there are some very basic sites around the country which is probably a close to wild camping as we can get legally, so will be looking at them near the coast somewhere :thumb:

2 hours ago, Bender said:

Motor mover with remote control and a good battery impact gun for legs would sort the heavy stuff, shame when health impacts things you like. 

Yes I looked at the additional things to aid making it easier it's the stratching to put the awning up etc. I'm thinking B&Bs and brief camping trips etc. I feel like an old man now every time I go to hospital to the cardiac ward they all say ur too young to be here. Hopefully in Dec my plumbing will be sorted, valve repaired triple bypass and an aortic repair all in one go. 3-6 months recovery and some form of normaiity, but one man's normal isn't a others I guess 🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, dynax said:

Went to Go Outdoors to finish getting my camping stuff, bought the Trangia spirit cookset, very impressed with it, got it for the discounted online price of £72, tried the kettle as a test and took around ten minutes to boil a mug full of water and hardly used any fuel, so that will do me very nicely, will have to give it a proper test though in actual use, but can't see any problems with it.

Next will be finding places to camp, there are some very basic sites around the country which is probably a close to wild camping as we can get legally, so will be looking at them near the coast somewhere :thumb:

Just got a few bits from go outdoors not an hour ago for the very same reason and some others ordered from amazon 👍

• Like 1

On 24/07/2022 at 12:39, dynax said:

Awelfryn Campsite near Newborough Beach is as Basic as they come - great little site over looking the Llyn Peninsula with its own microclimate 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pie man said:

Awelfryn Campsite near Newborough Beach is as Basic as they come - great little site over looking the Llyn Peninsula with its own microclimate 

That looks a tidy campsite

8 hours ago, Pie man said:

I will take a look cheers @Pie man :thumb:

Good morning troops.

For those in her majesty Sturgeon kingdom and are working in construction.

The company I work now is looking for 3 civil estimators.

If of interest please PM (not Boris...)

6 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

I can be quite civil, and take a good guess about some stuff, so would that do? 😁😛

You would be better than most 🤣

• Haha 1