Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Just had a job interview for a job at work. Bit of a step up and a bit more money. Seemed to go OK. Not sure I really would want it but might be a moot point anyway. Anyway just glad it's done with and I can relax. Off out for some din dins tonight, might treat myself to a pint.

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Oh my, by chance I've just looked at the campsite we're heading off to, and the nearest attraction is the Sammy Miller Motorcycle Museum. 

SWMBO is somewhat suspicious. 

And you a man of the cloth as well. I'm shocked!

When oh when is this foul and pestilent congregation of vapours that has seemingly enveloped the UK for a week going to blow away ? Sunshine and showers I can handle but this miserable blanket of murk has been passing overhead day and night for far too long and I'm fed up with it . 

3 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Oh my, by chance I've just looked at the campsite we're heading off to, and the nearest attraction is the Sammy Miller Motorcycle Museum. 

Ah well, if she is not keen on Sammy Miller museum (as good as it is), you could always go to National Motor Museum, Beaulieu which is not too far away. 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Trying to think which campsite is closest, to Sammys.

The cafe there is quite good, Sue home bakes the cakes.

Afternoon tea at the Chewton Glen or Reinfield house is always good if you want to appease the misses. 

if your not feeling so Affluent Rosie Leah's is said to be good for the cost. I don't know most of my appeasing needs more than that 😱

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Another new bike company I've not heard of. Looks nice but bloody uncomfy! 

Motorcycle News: Ruby readies up: New British firm set to unveil production-ready single at this year's NEC show.
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/mac-motorcycles-ruby/

Fugly as well!

• Like 1

Just gone and put a deposit down on a yaris hybrid. My car of 12 yrs has been side swiped deliberately by some scumbag last week on the motorway who made off. We were planning going down to 1 car just done so a little quicker then anticipated. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

A sobering message went out today at work about a 3rd colleague's funeral in a month having taken their own lives. No mention that something must be wrong for so many to slip the net in a short space of time there's  no words 😪

Edited by MikeHorton
  • Sad 4

On 30/07/2022 at 23:10, onesea said:

Trying to think which campsite is closest, to Sammys.

The cafe there is quite good, Sue home bakes the cakes.

Afternoon tea at the Chewton Glen or Reinfield house is always good if you want to appease the misses. 

if your not feeling so Affluent Rosie Leah's is said to be good for the cost. I don't know most of my appeasing needs more than that 😱

Second that on the cakes👍, and @Mississippi Bullfrog most places are good for afternoon tea in the Forest, I haven't used them for awhile but The Old Station Tea rooms at Holmsley use to be good.

And close to Sammy Millers as well.😂

Edited by oldgrump