Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Evening all 

Just spent all weekend at cadwell park watching my mate racing! 

Its been a long time coming! 3 years since we was last at any race event 

He has done rather well this weekend winning all 4 races and one of them was right on the line! 0.015 second gap :shock: 

Battled out until the end 

• Like 7

On 18/06/2022 at 12:13, Gerontious said:

Panic stop…. And much excitement. Me? It’s just a car….

FE8EB23A-D78B-4155-A26F-2DF216E8811D.thumb.jpeg.9ed33f374c4d2c57e33d728757725e0a.jpeg890E72AC-E1F7-44A6-BEAE-D0E12101003C.thumb.jpeg.faeffa75413b0319db2fe266dd02ebca.jpeg

Those leathers! I had a set. Scott. My OH loved them but they got a bit tarnished when I got my knee down (and elbow, and shoulder).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Those leathers! I had a set. Scott. My OH loved them but they got a bit tarnished when I got my knee down (and elbow, and shoulder).

Scott's place in Barnard Castle  is about 10 min walk from my daughter's place. Sadly I'm past the age (and shape) for leathers other than a jacket.

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Scott's place in Barnard Castle  is about 10 min walk from my daughter's place. Sadly I'm past the age (and shape) for leathers other than a jacket.

I didn’t realise they were in Barnard Castle. Unfortunately I can’t justify (afford!) a set having already got more than enough bike kit.

• Haha 1

Morning. Cucumbers how do they know. Got some in a raised bed, thought I'd trail them over the sides, every single one has grown towards the middle away from the side. Each in a different direction. Crafty buggers have outwitted me.

51 minutes ago, goat said:

Morning. Cucumbers how do they know. Got some in a raised bed, thought I'd trail them over the sides, every single one has grown towards the middle away from the side. Each in a different direction. Crafty buggers have outwitted me.

Out witted by a Cucumber, love it, that’s going to be my new insult of choice - “You’re so thick you’d be outwitted by a cucumber”

Actually a good description of Nadine Dorries 😆

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mickly said:

Out witted by a Cucumber, love it, that’s going to be my new insult of choice - “You’re so thick you’d be outwitted by a cucumber”

Actually a good description of Nadine Dorries 😆

Think you are being a bit harsh on cucumbers there. They have feelings too you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Think you are being a bit harsh on cucumbers there. They have feelings too you know.

And don't forget them poor Gherkins, those tiny little cucumbers that haven't reached maturity yet 😢

• Haha 3

Sometimes I just want to find a nice little cliff and throw myself off it. nothing lethal obviously.. a few inches and then some carefully manipulated video footage and sound effects to increase the drama.

Theres a chap on facebook who has just been to the same part of France that we were at last week. he has posted videos and photos of a mountain river that runs below a rather nice balcony road. and every single detail he has written about this place is wrong. Even though as a beauty spot its rather famous and popular if you happen to be in the locale. (the road is a stunner)

I commented on his post and he read that, corrected his post and GOT IT EVEN MORE WRONG!!!

I need to stop reading facebook posts. really I do...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gerontious said:

Sometimes I just want to find a nice little cliff and throw myself off it. nothing lethal obviously.. a few inches and then some carefully manipulated video footage and sound effects to increase the drama.

Theres a chap on facebook who has just been to the same part of France that we were at last week. he has posted videos and photos of a mountain river that runs below a rather nice balcony road. and every single detail he has written about this place is wrong. Even though as a beauty spot its rather famous and popular if you happen to be in the locale. (the road is a stunner)

I commented on his post and he read that, corrected his post and GOT IT EVEN MORE WRONG!!!

I need to stop reading facebook posts. really I do...

I think I lasted 2 months in Facebook I don't miss not using it 

• Like 1

20220701_054820.thumb.jpg.2707452d3a5826e16415101342ff3683.jpg20220701_054530.thumb.jpg.0393ad338dc9176e5a71752531a514a8.jpgGood morning from China.  Finally about to leave dry dock and then just 3 more days while they(we) fix everything they broke.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 4