Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good morning!

Yesterday I remarked on people sat outside in the sun, drinking tea/coffee. Paved area acting like a frying pan, 35 degree heat. Proof we are living in a simulation surely? Glitchy behaviour like that, who'd drink a hot drink on a day as hot as this?

Turns out, my entire team at work does. :lol:

But what baffled me was they were complaining of the heat while sipping a 70 degree drink. I just can't get my head around it, I was freezing bottles of water all day. 

• Like 1

My wife's Maltese family swear by hot drinks in a heatwave! Some studies have been done which say your body cools down quicker after a hot drink. Others say it doesn't matter either way your body regulates its own temperature. However I wouldn't disagree with my crazy Maltese family thsy are always right so they say 😂

• Haha 2

Well I'm currently drinking a strong hot coffee and thoroughly enjoying it. I also don't find it that hot as I spend a lot of my working life in temperatures well over 40. That said I sleep in air conditioning with a temperature of 22.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Good morning!

Yesterday I remarked on people sat outside in the sun, drinking tea/coffee. Paved area acting like a frying pan, 35 degree heat. Proof we are living in a simulation surely? Glitchy behaviour like that, who'd drink a hot drink on a day as hot as this?

Turns out, my entire team at work does. :lol:

But what baffled me was they were complaining of the heat while sipping a 70 degree drink. I just can't get my head around it, I was freezing bottles of water all day. 

Living in a simulation eh ? Here's one I stumbled upon on Facebook that goes like this . If two people can sit side by side on a bus and there is a central aisle with another two seats on the other side , how come it can fit down the same road as a car where I can touch both doors at the same time ? This was spoken with a reasonable degree of sincerity by a female who appeared convinced that " They " had written the code incorrectly . That being said , I can summon my cat by telepathy . ( Sometimes ) 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Living in a simulation eh ? Here's one I stumbled upon on Facebook that goes like this . If two people can sit side by side on a bus and there is a central aisle with another two seats on the other side , how come it can fit down the same road as a car where I can touch both doors at the same time ? This was spoken with a reasonable degree of sincerity by a female who appeared convinced that " They " had written the code incorrectly . That being said , I can summon my cat by telepathy . ( Sometimes ) 

Ha! Sounds like a bit of a spatial awareness failure there. I guess the fact buses are considerably wider than most cars was lost on her? :lol:

3 hours ago, Steve_M said:

good morning.

I’ll be staying in the shade during the hot weather. 🤔

image.thumb.png.9ec1befffefce556351cfdd75bc4238f.png

It's this kind of thing that gives those fine Harley Davidson motorcycles a bad image . 

• Haha 1

Good Evening :classic_biggrin: Last shift before 2 weeks on Holiday! :thumb: ( something always goes wrong).

We're off to Scotland in the campervan as soon as I get home in the morning:thumb:

I won't be on here much for the next couple of weeks

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :classic_biggrin: Last shift before 2 weeks on Holiday! :thumb: ( something always goes wrong).

We're off to Scotland in the campervan as soon as I get home in the morning:thumb:

I won't be on here much for the next couple of weeks

Enjoy your well earned break, no more nights for a while and plenty of booze I'd imagine 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :classic_biggrin: This week I really really like Fridays! ( but not till after 0545) :beer2: :classic_biggrin: :cheers: :yay: :thumb:

28 minutes to go, just saying..

Have a good holiday.

Building work well under way. Whoever did it before proper bodged it. Under the old conservatory is all old paving slabs and holes. Started taking out some horrible steps in the garden and found the outside electrics all met in a taped up jewsons bag. Quality.IMG-20220721-WA0002.thumb.jpg.44afb5fd069460b24258d038b85450ed.jpg20220722_170900.thumb.jpg.3201318b16ab0bce839accff047ea7cd.jpg