Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Looks like another v twin will be gifting the dust soon. I did wonder how long this engine could carry on it will be a shame to see it go

Visordown: All-new Suzuki V-Strom breaks cover in spy shots, no more V2.
https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/all-new-suzuki-v-strom-breaks-cover-spy-shots-no-more-v2

I can honestly say this has been a totally shitty week. My mother was rushed into hospital early on Saturday morning with heart problems. She's been on oxygen ever since. Then this afternoon my middle grandson collapsed, was again rushed to hospital and is now being prepped for emergency surgery. Its his 10th birthday ffs. Apparently he has Meckels diverticulum whatever the feck that is. BtW it was my wedding anniversary too. Think I'll pass on any more excitement. 

• Sad 6

7 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I can honestly say this has been a totally shitty week. My mother was rushed into hospital early on Saturday morning with heart problems. She's been on oxygen ever since. Then this afternoon my middle grandson collapsed, was again rushed to hospital and is now being prepped for emergency surgery. Its his 10th birthday ffs. Apparently he has Meckels diverticulum whatever the feck that is. BtW it was my wedding anniversary too. Think I'll pass on any more excitement. 

Good luck Mate I hope everyone gets on ok.

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Well grandson has had 10 cm of his bowel removed at 0300 this morning but was awake enough to face time with his brother and I and complain about having to keep still. (Never his strong point). So apart from convalescence it looks as if he's going to be okay. Lots of sighs of relief all round.

Great news kids are super resilient. When I told the wife she said a partial removal was likely, apparently 3% are born with that condition. I'm sure he will be running round and eating like a human dustbin v shortly 

• Like 2

No1 grandson and I took a respite from all the crises of this week and went fishing. He was made up to catch his first fish - a 10 inch brownie which he duly ate with enthusiasm. His poorly brother was somewhat envious.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

No1 grandson and I took a respite from all the crises of this week and went fishing. He was made up to catch his first fish - a 10 inch brownie which he duly ate with enthusiasm. His poorly brother was somewhat envious.

With the news of large effluent discharges being prevalent in many areas you might want to further explain what the 10 inch brownie actually was 🤣🤣

• Haha 6

Just now, Mickly said:

With the news of large effluent discharges being prevalent in many areas you might want to further explain what the 10 inch brownie actually was 🤣🤣

A10 inch brown trout from a remote upland reservoir in Teesdale. No effluent up there!

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Obviously not the same as a Mersey goldfish.

I sailed with a family for a whilst in Liverpool.  When the race course included Sewer Buoy my description of "Balloons" in the water never went well.

In murky weather the question was would you see our smell the buoy first 🤢

• Haha 2

I watched a film called Road to Paloma with Jason Momoa. He plays a biker running from the law. Nothing of interest happens for 90 minutes. It's just monotonous all the way through.

If anyone tells me they have watched and enjoyed this film I will abuse my mod powers and mess with their account as they are clearly lying and need to be taught a lesson :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I watched a film called Road to Paloma with Jason Momoa. He plays a biker running from the law. Nothing of interest happens for 90 minutes. It's just monotonous all the way through.

If anyone tells me they have watched and enjoyed this film I will abuse my mod powers and mess with their account as they are clearly lying and need to be taught a lesson :lol:

How did Debbie get on in Dallas ?

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 1