Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

48 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

This looks interesting 

Near-zero-emission rotary engine could extend life of ICEs | Autocar
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/technology/near-zero-emission-rotary-engine-could-extend-life-ices

No it cannot the government’s have decided no more ICEs.  

Look at which motorbike they are stopping first, the 125cc I don’t think there are many other vehicles that achieve over 100mph reaching as much as 180mpg.  

These are not decisions being made by people trying to do the right thing but taking the path of least resistance instead of what’s right. Trying and achieve a goal they don’t understand.

4 hours ago, onesea said:

No it cannot the government’s have decided no more ICEs.  

Look at which motorbike they are stopping first, the 125cc I don’t think there are many other vehicles that achieve over 100mph reaching as much as 180mpg.  

These are not decisions being made by people trying to do the right thing but taking the path of least resistance instead of what’s right. Trying and achieve a goal they don’t understand.

No I agree with you there just thought it was an Intwrezting article showing what can be done. I'm sure the company behind it won't really care for the UK government's decisions UK and EU laws are there but other parts of the world may take it up. Besides call me synical but the it would not be the first policy a UK government had had to delay or sideline due to not being fit for purpose. 

• Like 1

Apparently our new PM thinks scrapping speed limits on motorways is the way to go - whichever you look at it in terms of environmental impact higher speeds don't make sense. So maybe she'll think fit to suggest the way forward is for all cars/bikes/trucks to run on two-stroke engines. This would work quite well as the clouds of smoke on motorways would then be so dense that traffic would crawl to a standstill due to lack of visibility.

It would also kill off EVs because from everything I've heard the minute they hit a motorway and start going fast their range plummets.

She certainly seems to be on the ball. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Apparently our new PM thinks scrapping speed limits on motorways is the way to go - whichever you look at it in terms of environmental impact higher speeds don't make sense. So maybe she'll think fit to suggest the way forward is for all cars/bikes/trucks to run on two-stroke engines. This would work quite well as the clouds of smoke on motorways would then be so dense that traffic would crawl to a standstill due to lack of visibility.

It would also kill off EVs because from everything I've heard the minute they hit a motorway and start going fast their range plummets.

She certainly seems to be on the ball. 

Yep can't see the rationale there. I agree scrap the smart motorways without a doubt. I'd say reduce all motorway speed to 60 better on the pocket and environment. The 20 limits that seem to be popping up are pointless and some research seems to suggest they have little positive impact. I'm guessing she has bigger worries than motorways atm! 

I quite like asparagus but probably not for breakfast.

On a happier note No. 2 grandson was discharged from hospital today with the freedom to eat more or less what he likes. His request was for a rare fillet steak which he demolished in jig time. Stuff the vegans!

• Like 8

Car passed its MOT today with no problems :cheers:

Second time in a row so I'm very happy, had convinced myself it would fail on rear tyres. They have plenty of tread but have a few age cracks on the walls. Saw a good deal for 4 goodyear tyres including fitting at home for £210 which I had planned on doing. Almost disappointed now I don't need to do it :lol:

• Like 2

Good morning had great news yesterday my op planned for October will be done sooner. I had a call yesterday morning I go in on Sunday for a triple bypass, aortic repair and heart valve repair/replacement. I wasted no time in saying yes but running round like a loon finishing off stuff round the house so wife doesn't have to worry. I brimmed the AT with 24l of E10 the other day so I've some fuel stabiliser to put in as I can't see her moving off the centre stand for potentially 6 months. 

• Like 9