unlikely

Six30

Just now, Mickly said:

who gives a fcuk ?? ... not me😁

would of been nice to book something on the bike abroad .... staycations it is then 

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Getting away abroad looking less likely by the day again .... :?

We’d written this year’s European tour off a while ago. We were hoping to revisit Switzerland and perhaps extend it out to five weeks by heading towards Greece. We haven’t had too much chance to explore this area since we moved 15 months ago, so a staycation it is, but with the advantage that we can visit lots of new-to-us places.

• Like 1

24 weeks today. and there is a lot that can happen in that amount of time. I'm not worried.

See what is happening by the height of the summer holiday season - August. we are due to set off just after the bank holiday.

It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out. My employers are already making noises about if I have to go into quarantine when I get home it will be at their expense, not count as leave but won't earn leave. Of course I've still got to get away which is looking like end of April now so that's my summer gone without a trace.

Another 2 weeks being told to F**K  Off by benefit moles and “retired from Surrey you know”  in Cornwall  ..... no thanks 

Tenerife please ....

Edited by Trooper74

21 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Another 2 weeks being told to F**K  Off by benefit moles and “retired from Surrey you know”  in Cornwall  ..... no thanks 

Tenerife please ....

And I was under the impression that it was something that would only happen to us foreigners... 🙄

Portugal is oot the red list. I wonder if I ride non-stop through France and Spain if I'll be fine. 🤔

Not holding much hope out for a much needed foreign holiday this year, but has anyone tried booking a holiday in this country? Nightmare! Everywhere seems bunged ...... Seriously looking like it'll be bike and a tent, I'm ok with that though so long as I can find a bit of peaceful space somewhere, probably end up in Wick! Possibly South of Ireland.

2 hours ago, Pie man said:

I take it holidays abroad will be banned under the new law coming into force 29th March until 30th June, no idea what will happen after that. 

Not banned at all. The wealthy will only be inconvenienced to a minor extent, if you are wealthy enough to call a £5000 fine "small change" and they are already talking about giving a free pass to second home owners so they can 'prepare' their place in the sun for sale or rent.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gerontious said:

Not banned at all. The wealthy will only be inconvenienced to a minor extent, if you are wealthy enough to call a £5000 fine "small change" and they are already talking about giving a free pass to second home owners so they can 'prepare' their place in the sun for sale or rent.

It will be full of holes, I'm off to Belfast as soon as pubs are open and planes ae in the sky 😁 

It's not the med but beggars and all that 😂 

• Like 1

Being a mere mortal I have no legally permitted reason to travel abroad. Can we travel to or visit our devolved neighbours. I was contemplating the RBLR1000 (Northern route) this year just to get some miles in.