Dry Jan?

Bender

20 hours ago, Bender said:

Soon be about custard creams or ethical use of hydrocarbons or would that be bourbons. 

Nah...Jammy Dodgers.  I found a bottle of red that needed sampling and now me and the missus are having an Olympic challenge to see who can get the most jammy dodgers in their mouth at once. 

I am winning. 

• Haha 4

I was in Lidl today, bought 6 bottles of Perlenbacher (or similar spelling) I've had it before and it's OK, thought I'd maybe open one as it's Friday night... But forgot all about it 😆 too late now. 

As least they don't go off ☺️

53 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

WTF is this 'Dry January'?

When the bikes been SORN'd for months what better way to get through the tedium than punish yourself some morer. At least its better than boring yourself to death looking at the optimate every 5 minutes to see if its come on, or not. Or you spot a speck of dust on the tank and decide the bike definitely needs washing - again. only the third time this week.

masochism can get ugly pretty fast.

leave them to it..  that's what I say. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gerontious said:

When the bikes been SORN'd for months what better way to get through the tedium than punish yourself some morer. At least its better than boring yourself to death looking at the optimate every 5 minutes to see if its come on, or not. Or you spot a speck of dust on the tank and decide the bike definitely needs washing - again. only the third time this week.

masochism can get ugly pretty fast.

leave them to it..  that's what I say. 

Speaking of optimates, you can get a little Bluetooth gadget that monitors them for you.. Only about £20 😎

1585907775_Screenshot_20230102_160906_BatteryMonitor.thumb.jpg.af521bd0ff1f0c934f6468306affb65c.jpg

Edited by Fleck
  • Like 1

On 04/01/2023 at 15:53, S-Westerly said:

If I was home I'd never follow a "dry" routine. As it is I'm at sea so it's an involuntary dry January replete with unannounced alcohol tests etc.

As to veganuary just piss off.

324300810_710105920642968_2043290743969110940_n.jpeg

• Haha 7

On 03/01/2023 at 22:36, Bender said:

Is anyone partaking of said nonsense? 

Well I am 😢 

Hell no.  I would rather have my nose broken.  Winter in the UK, I need all the escapism I can get.  When it gets really bad, I have even been known to watch  mama mia just for the sun and blue skies. 🤫

Edited by Tinkicker
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Never liked IPA but was introduced to Elvis Juice the other day by Brewdog and I'm hooked. 

6.5% as well, so 3 cans and I'm feeling merry. 

I'm that case you might like yeastie boys gunnamatta, nice in a can but better on tap! 

https://yeastieboysuk.myshopify.com/products/gunnamatta-330ml-can

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Never liked IPA but was introduced to Elvis Juice the other day by Brewdog and I'm hooked. 

6.5% as well, so 3 cans and I'm feeling merry. 

I've some elvis juice leftover from crimbo, it wasn't mine but the names not very enticing 😂 it may be there a while, Feb at the longest 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rennie said:

I/We haven't been into a Pub yet this year!:shock:

And I haven't had a drink yet today! :scratch: :cheers: :beer2:

I haven’t been in a British pub since before the first lockdown. Nearest was the bar in a Beefeater. Last June and the September before that. I had a “Dry” Christmas and New Year as I was working throughout with the schizophrenics. And you need to be on the ball with them, every second. I did buy two bottles of Newcastle Brown last week, which was rather nice. And a glass of Armagnac as a chaser. I guess the whole point of a “dry” month is some kind of penance for overdoing it. I never overdo anything. Except when I’m on holiday and it’s German bier. Mmmmm.

or this lovely stuff.

71D54D22-0D67-4F5D-BD68-9573993453AC.thumb.jpeg.924589d27f85896b77cd0064855a2d71.jpeg55CCDF37-CBFF-4702-AC6F-FD9BAF88BAFA.thumb.jpeg.0e8e5d75b5f64f5918c43a28e72889dd.jpeg

• Like 3