Dry Jan?

Bender

42 minutes ago, daveinlim said:

Tried it twice to help lose weight. Ended up treating myself with more food for not drinking. Ended up putting on weight. 

I'm loosing 6lb I reckon it should take max 2 weeks then that's diet done, will stick with alcohol free till Feb to support the wife. 

• Like 1

Well I might do!! Think I drunk and ate to much over Christmas😂.

But had a blood test today and reckon doc's not going to be to happy with me🤔.

So I might try to stay off the lager for awhile, and I suppose the chocolate's, cake's, mince pies etc etc!!! 

Could end up being a boring January😬

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, oldgrump said:

Well I might do!! Think I drunk and ate to much over Christmas😂.

But had a blood test today and reckon doc's not going to be to happy with me🤔.

So I might try to stay off the lager for awhile, and I suppose the chocolate's, cake's, mince pies etc etc!!! 

Could end up being a boring January😬

I've decided if I eat all of the leftovers from Xmas today I won't be tempted tmrw

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bender said:

I've decided if I eat all of the leftovers from Xmas today I won't be tempted tmrw

HaHa I would be dead trying to eat what's in this house!!!! 

Sister in law, makes around 300 mince pies, and we end up with over 100!! + she makes a Christmas Cake for each of the family, so there's a bloody big cake that's not even been looked at here!!

Every day we go round the mother in laws {which is most days at moment} we get Mince pies and Christmas cake stuffed on a plate!!!!!!!!

And I think I got 4 tubs of Celebrations from mates, mind you some have long date's, so we take them when we go on holiday's during the year.👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I realised I felt better without drink about 6 months ago, (although I do have a pint on Wednesday lunchtime if I go out) also I sleep better, enjoy dinner more, save loads of money and my blood pressure is spot on 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldgrump said:

HaHa I would be dead trying to eat what's in this house!!!! 

Sister in law, makes around 300 mince pies, and we end up with over 100!! + she makes a Christmas Cake for each of the family, so there's a bloody big cake that's not even been looked at here!!

Every day we go round the mother in laws {which is most days at moment} we get Mince pies and Christmas cake stuffed on a plate!!!!!!!!

And I think I got 4 tubs of Celebrations from mates, mind you some have long date's, so we take them when we go on holiday's during the year.👍

Be careful flying with Christmas Cake and pudding.  Apparently in airport scanners they look like Semtex.   

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, onesea said:

Be careful flying with Christmas Cake and pudding.  Apparently in airport scanners they look like Semtex.   

Last time handled Semtex it was gray granules,  a bit like instant gravy. 

Its my birthday in January so certainly not going to be dry. But with family issues I need to able to drive at short notice so I'm not drinking much anyway. 

• Like 2

I remember working in a government building where they x-ray all the incoming mail. Someone thought it would be a good idea to get a set of bike lights delivered to work, but they arrived on a Saturday when he was not available.

You could not imagine a more bomb-like image. Caused a small kerfuffle, and an impromptu get-together of the bomb squad plus assorted fire engines and ambulances.

Edited by Fiddlesticks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm doing semi dry Jan :lol:

Put on a bit too much over last year so I'm only drinking now on a weekend rather than a couple of cans a night etc.

Want to know what I have in common with this man?..........

Mike-Tyson.jpg

Spoiler

We both weigh the same!!  218lbs  (98.8kg)   Strangely enough I have nowhere close to that level of muscularity and we are the same height so I cant use that excuse  :crybaby:

• Haha 7

32 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Dry Jan does this mean lots of dry gin and sherry? 

Don't forget cider 🤔 

In a cruel twist of fate the daughter and her other half have just brought me a delivery of Christmas beer that was delayed due to postal issues do I 😂 or 😢 

• Haha 4

Nope. Don't drink that much anyway, hardly any beer was consumed however, I do like to maintain a weekly intake of Polyphenols, in the guise of Red Wine.

Sad Happy Hour GIF

Edited by Pie man
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Bender said:

Don't forget cider 🤔 

In a cruel twist of fate the daughter and her other half have just brought me a delivery of Christmas beer that was delayed due to postal issues do I 😂 or 😢 

Yes do it. I've not really been drinking for the last 2 years but have the opinion of go for moderation. Most the Xmas booze is still unopened the odd beer wine or spirit will be my approach. Last supervised exercise session with heart monitors tomorrow ofter my triple bypass then I have a year's free gym membership courtesy of a local charity in cooperation with the local hospital. Life's too short to have no fun but I'll be doing moderate exercise and diet and enjoying life in between! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well today didn't bloody help, mate turn's up this morning, come on he say's taken you out for a breakfast!!

So pop's over to Bournemouth Kawasaki's cafe, I did decline a breakfast and settled for Bacon sandwich👍.

Anyway arrived back to my place and he pop's the boot lid open, here's something  for getting my FJR running last week 24 cans of Lager!!!!!!!!!! 🤨.

Kind I know BUT!!!!!!!

And to top that the wife came home from the only day she works now, and cuts the bloody Christmas Cake!  HELP!!!

Trouble is I've always had a sweet tooth and I can't say NO!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, oldgrump said:

Well today didn't bloody help, mate turn's up this morning, come on he say's taken you out for a breakfast!!

So pop's over to Bournemouth Kawasaki's cafe, I did decline a breakfast and settled for Bacon sandwich👍.

Anyway arrived back to my place and he pop's the boot lid open, here's something  for getting my FJR running last week 24 cans of Lager!!!!!!!!!! 🤨.

Kind I know BUT!!!!!!!

And to top that the wife came home from the only day she works now, and cuts the bloody Christmas Cake!  HELP!!!

Trouble is I've always had a sweet tooth and I can't say NO!!

Stand out from the crowd and do the healthy bit in Feb instead the bonus is it has less days!

• Like 2

Conversation between me and misses...

How does that work 1 bottle only makes 4 cups?  Normally it does 6 glasses.

Sorry it's about dry January this post?

Should I start another thread? Mugs and Glasses a volumetric appraisal the effects of temperature and latitude...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, onesea said:

Conversation between me and misses...

How does that work 1 bottle only makes 4 cups?  Normally it does 6 glasses.

Sorry it's about dry January this post?

Should I start another thread? Mugs and Glasses a volumetric appraisal the effects of temperature and latitude...

Soon be about custard creams or ethical use of hydrocarbons or would that be bourbons.