Anyone like cruising?

onesea

I would love to see it in real life. I have been on the Anthem & on the Independence. The Anthem in particular felt intimidatingly large to me when I was walking alongside it and this is 2 classes larger!

4e6c8d48c40d8fa30680fd5cfaf36bce.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

Photo I took of the Anthem Of The Seas

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I would love to see it in real life. I have been on the Anthem & on the Independence. The Anthem in particular felt intimidatingly large to me when I was walking alongside it and this is 2 classes larger!

4e6c8d48c40d8fa30680fd5cfaf36bce.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

Photo I took of the Anthem Of The Seas

We're you laying down at the time, asking for @Stu

Too many annoying people for my liking.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Bender said:

Too many annoying people for my liking.

I have that on my boat, most of the time it’s me and the misses.

sometimes it’s just me 🫣

• Haha 7

I've been on 3.  Two with Royal Caribbean  which I would absolutely do again. They seem to manage the people better and it doesn't feel crowded or that you are forever queuing.

Went on a cheap P&O cruise last year and I didn't enjoy it. Wife thinks it was because we were spoilt on the other ones. Just felt like they had crammed the ship to capacity, massive queues for drinks and food. A lot of the staff didn't seem to care. Unfortunately the Wife has booked another P&O one for just the two of us next year as it was so cheap. She reckons I'm just being miserable but I would rather have spent more money on a Royal Carribean one!

@Bender You might like this Robotic Bar they had on the Anthem.  Just use the screen to choose what drink you want and the robotic arms make it and hand it to you. No contact with people necessary :cheers: 

IMG_0618.jpg

• Like 3

I really can’t think of a worse choice of holiday - perhaps going on a cruise with my ex-wife… 🤷

I will make an exception for a boat trip / cruise around the Norwegian fjords as long as I don’t have to mingle or partake of the ship’s entertainment.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I would rather poke pins in my eyes than go on a cruise as a holiday. Or as they say - 2 chances - no chance and absolutely  f**k all chance. 

Busman's holiday for you :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I've been on 3.  Two with Royal Caribbean  which I would absolutely do again. They seem to manage the people better and it doesn't feel crowded or that you are forever queuing.

Went on a cheap P&O cruise last year and I didn't enjoy it. Wife thinks it was because we were spoilt on the other ones. Just felt like they had crammed the ship to capacity, massive queues for drinks and food. A lot of the staff didn't seem to care. Unfortunately the Wife has booked another P&O one for just the two of us next year as it was so cheap. She reckons I'm just being miserable but I would rather have spent more money on a Royal Carribean one!

@Bender You might like this Robotic Bar they had on the Anthem.  Just use the screen to choose what drink you want and the robotic arms make it and hand it to you. No contact with people necessary :cheers: 

IMG_0618.jpg

Sold. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We love a cruise, unpack once but get a different place to visit each day. The ships have a lot of people in but are huge, it’s just like being in a big hotel/entertainment complex. They are not like the England to Spain ferry. 

We are off in 2 weeks to Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam, can’t wait. 

• Like 3

@Bungleaio  Thats one that I'd like to do.   Next one for us is Alaska in 2025. Either with Royal Caribbean or Norwegian Cruise Line

They aren't for everyone i know but for me I would pick a Cruise over most other holidays I've had

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

Noooo!🤢Just let me die.

Still a barge with beds and 1000s of people around you.

Plus the danger of ending on a desert island with no bike?

Creative Writing Vacation GIF

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Tiggie said:

@Bungleaio  Thats one that I'd like to do.   Next one for us is Alaska in 2025. Either with Royal Caribbean or Norwegian Cruise Line

They aren't for everyone i know but for me I would pick a Cruise over most other holidays I've had

I didn't know they did cruises to Alaska. I'd love to go to Canada or the Alaska area to have a chance at kayaking, and looking for Orca pods. Also try my hand at hiking and visiting one or two of the more famous glaciers. I'm currently losing the race with my partners body clock, so don't know if it will happen before kids come along, but a cruise might be a happy medium. A lot of the hotels in that area cost the earth for a good one, which is the limiting factor. 

• Like 1