Rant of the day.

husoi

After long consideration, I think we really need a thread on this topic.

We have the very popular joke one, and the nob of the day. However, we don't have anything where we can just let out steam and speak our minds.

See it as a wellbeing thread :) 

I'll start....

The Idiots from Nissan very likely are trying to rip me off (no surprise there) telling me porkies about repairs that don't need done!

The moron that made the clip even banged his head on the floor of the car (that's karma for you) and instead of showing the disc brakes from the outside where you have a clear view, was shoing a 10mm gap on the inside.

PHOKING IDIOT!!!!!

then went about the wipers that were fitted by Nissan, saying they are aftermarket.

Strongly considering a strongly worded letter to Western Nissan, Nissan Europe/UK and even maybe to the Main people in Japan.

As resolution, I don't think I will buy another Nissan any time soon.

Why?

Either the mechanic was telling the truth (which I don't believe) and the parts are from Lidl or Aldi

Or, he was trying to get his filthy hands in my wallet.

Either way, I'm done.

That moron just cost Nissan dealership the commission of a new top spec EV.

The commission that the sales person would get

plus the next service that is in the contract.

These guys descended to Arnold Clark level. Considered toe very worst car dealers in Scotland.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Nick the wanderer said:

Ha, that Nissan thing has really got to you. Do you think a rant will solve it l don't think so, something needs doing!

I'm waiting for the survey they always send.

If not I'll need to go back. Found out a noise coming from the aircon fan.

This episode will last a wee bit longer...

Can I have another go?

please... :)

This time is local Sainsbury.

Let me set the scene.

Saturday after lunch. Needed some shopping so, set my way.

Grabbed a basket because I wasn't doing the weekly shop.

Filled the basket with all I needed and went to the cashiers.

To big surprise I realized that the only available were the self checkout tills.

No way in hell I am doing cashier work.

I respect the role, they do a cracking job scanning the items, asking what a parsnip is because they have no idea what a vegetable is and get the wee machine ready for you to tap your card for payment.

Some even ask if you need a bag despite seeing that I have 3 of 4 in the trolley.

Furthermore, I don't believe any costumer will be covered by insurance. and the prices are the same regardless you do the work or not.

Saying this, I walked to the nearest lady from the store, handed over the basket and politely told her "I'm not doing your job. can you please put all this back?"

Maybe I was too quick walking away, I didn't hear a reply. :up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nick the wanderer said:

I was going to say it must be easy enough to see if the wiper blades are genuine or not, for instance..

I don't believe that somebody would have taken my wipers and changed for crap ones.

I never changed it, so it must be the original ones...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, husoi said:

I don't believe that somebody would have taken my wipers and changed for crap ones.

I never changed it, so it must be the original ones...

I hear you. Bmw called me during a service and said 'you have the wrong size tyres on your car'. I was like what? You fitted them. What are you on about? Guy was new, called me with incorrect info like 3 times. I was like no, speak to your advisor and call me again. Useless. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, husoi said:

Can I have another go?

Let me set the scene.

To big surprise I realized that the only available were the self checkout tills.

I respect the role, they do a cracking job scanning the items, asking what a parsnip is because they have no idea what a vegetable is and get the wee machine ready for you to tap your card for payment.

Some even ask if you need a bag despite seeing that I have 3 of 4 in the trolley.

Furthermore, I don't believe any costumer will be covered by insurance. and the prices are the same regardless you do the work or not.

Saying this, I walked to the nearest lady from the store, handed over the basket and politely told her "I'm not doing your job. can you please put all this back?"

Chill Out Dancing GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, husoi said:

We have the very popular joke one, and the nob of the day. However, we don't have anything where we can just let out steam and speak our minds.

I'll start....

The Idiots from Nissan very likely are trying to rip me off (no surprise there) telling me porkies about repairs that don't need done!

The moron that made the clip even banged his head on the floor of the car (that's karma for you) and instead of showing the disc brakes from the outside where you have a clear view, was shoing a 10mm gap on the inside.

PHOKING IDIOT!!!!!

then went about the wipers that were fitted by Nissan, saying they are aftermarket.

Strongly considering a strongly worded letter to Western Nissan, Nissan Europe/UK and even maybe to the Main people in Japan.

Why?

Either the mechanic was telling the truth (which I don't believe) and the parts are from Lidl or Aldi

Either way, I'm done.

These guys descended to Arnold Clark level. Considered toe very worst car dealers in Scotland.

Just print this, and drop it on the salesman/woman's desk.....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, husoi said:

I'll start....

PHOKING IDIOT!!!!!

Why?

Either way, I'm done.

Ok even though its really a continuation of it...

just to add fuel to the fire, oh and because they think your a EV muppet they believe youll buy all their give us all your money to SAVING THE PLANET BS...🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥.

5 hours ago, husoi said:

Can I have another go?

Let me set the scene.

I guess the mods may hamper but only the all mighty Stu can stop you?🫣.
Even though you brought this up before, maybe you really need to change some habits? I suggest that kindly.

well im even wondering if thats all??

Angry Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t own a car and I don’t shop in Sainsbury’s - so therefore my stress levels are very low, if not non existent. This coupled with the fact that I work with people who have made stress into an art form. Schizophrenics of the paranoid type. As well as those with severe bi-polar and various, exciting personality disorders. Means that the most stressful trigger I encounter on any kind of a regular basis is when I see chocolate bars getting smaller while the price still goes up. That and the voice of Farage and Rees-Mogg. Does it for me. I’ve found that rather than fall to the floor and dramatically foam at the mouth (a bit) it’s better for me to go online and window shop for things that I don’t really need. Or, on those rare occasions when it might get too much. Turn off the light. Take a deep breath and relax, and let the rhythm be my guiding light. (Thanks Enigma)

calm. I’m at work, “He” is asleep. And everything is just peachy.

I’m not very good at this rant, thing.

its a constant struggle 

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Crikey, l feel for the poor old shop assistant that has to deal with you. Plus l guess you really didn't need anything, or you would have had to go somewhere else to get it. Personally I'd do anything to keep my shopping experience as brief as possible.

• Like 3

On 02/02/2024 at 16:36, husoi said:

Can I have another go?

Let me set the scene.

Shop assistant probably thought " oh dear, thats the 4th one today stuck in the 1970s"😆

Personally I like self service, very little queuing normally and you don't have to interact with anyone, just pay and go.

Same with pay at the pump petrol stations, I hate going in the shop to pay, always someone buying chocolate, fags, milk, lottery.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bianco2564 said:

Shop assistant probably thought " oh dear, thats the 4th one today stuck in the 1970s"😆

Personally I like self service, very little queuing normally and you don't have to interact with anyone, just pay and go.

Same with pay at the pump petrol stations, I hate going in the shop to pay, always someone buying chocolate, fags, milk, lottery.

I don't really like people.

However, nothing wrong in being served.

How I miss Waitrose.... 🙄

Maybe that's why I don't go to buffets either :up:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, husoi said:

Maybe that's why I don't go to buffets either 

Me neither.  You never know how long that foods been lying out there with god knows how many people coughing and spluttering over it.

• Like 2

Went to a local co-op this afternoon for some milk, 3 people stood at the till, I go to the self serve, swipe, beep, pay, walk out, 3 people still stood at the till...

Jus sayin'

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, amber said:

i don't like people who go to the supermarket in panama's or dressing gowns to me that's not normal anyone else?
I find it socially unacceptable & I'm not even posh or anything it just pisses me off, can't be bothered getting dressed tells you a lot about a person lol

I always assume they've escaped from somewhere secure, and they've followed me into the shop for "a chat"......

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bianco2564 said:

Went to a local co-op this afternoon for some milk, 3 people stood at the till, I go to the self serve, swipe, beep, pay, walk out, 3 people still stood at the till...

Jus sayin'

One day we will have the self checkout machine saying

Ill Be Back Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, amber said:

i don't like people who go to the supermarket in panama's or dressing gowns to me that's not normal anyone else?
I find it socially unacceptable & I'm not even posh or anything it just pisses me off, can't be bothered getting dressed tells you a lot about a person lol

I think it's just another silly fashion. Doesn't matter how stupid it is, as long as it's in fashion.  Look at the number of people walking about with chunks of metal embedded in their faces. And don't start me about the Illustrated Men and Women prowling about Glasgow in the middle of a Scotch winter dressed like they're in Majorca for the summer, just to show off acres of tattooed flesh !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, curlylegend said:

I think it's just another silly fashion. Doesn't matter how stupid it is, as long as it's in fashion.  Look at the number of people walking about with chunks of metal embedded in their faces. And don't start me about the Illustrated Men and Women prowling about Glasgow in the middle of a Scotch winter dressed like they're in Majorca for the summer, just to show off acres of tattooed flesh !

Aye, the "Scottish" are as hard as nails and that's just the wimmen. I'm interested to know where one obtains this "Scotch winter" beverage though? 🤨😒

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, amber said:

There was a bit of an uproar several years ago at my youngest daughters primary school when an email went out to the parents asking them to please be dressed while dropping their kids off in a morning and not to be in sleepwear. 

"you can't tell me what to do"   "you don't know how hard my life is" etc etc etc :roll:    

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, curlylegend said:

yes you see them in the middle of winter in t shirts they must think the tattoos are keeping them warm 😑

• Like 1
  • Haha 2