Rant of the day.

husoi

now to be clear i think they should have spare wheel (even space saver), jacks and tools by law. 

this is splitting hairs of course but in the grand scheme of things these are why they dont/want to do it.

quickly putting it but not in order:

1) cost.

2) logistics, supply and storage of said parts.

3) chassis design, homologation , eu reg testing blah blah...

4) carbon and co2 footprint of well to recycle /grave lifecycle - including the manufacture's own with total emissions and energy consumption from the ground to end product including transport to said car...(its big numbers-lol). 

5) weight added to an already obese pile of craps, that are emissions tested on top of that which are graded,measured,category that potentially adds to the fine of hitting stringent testing.

6) to them a spare is just no use cause for a business.

7) quite a few companies are putting runflats on their cars but this does have many more impacts for both them and customer.

Edited by RideWithStyles

Annoyingly wife's car has a large moulded insert where the spare should be, I will be getting one.

That's twice in 2 months, had to rescue daughter who had a huge chunk taken out of tyre beyond any roadside bodge, twats.

• Like 1

Today’s rant by me …

An absolute plethora of temporary road works have recently sprung up around our way, all with poorly phased lights creating chaos with holes in the pavements & roads which will no doubt be poorly repaired & turn to potholes within a matter of months !!

If I was El Presidente, anyone digging up the road should be forced to resurface a 1/4 mile stretch of the complete carriageway adjacent to the hole to a very high standard without passing to costs onto utility customers !!

• Like 3

On 05/02/2024 at 21:18, Fish said:

The complete tw@t known as Mayor Khan...... This soulless cretin is doing his upmost to kill traffic in London and bring it to a standstill, even on a bike it's now becoming a headache. 

And the worst bit is there isn't an alternative to the wenker!

There again, London is a complete ripoff shithole and filled with w**kers - so he’s doing you all a favour by dissuading you from visiting it. 

I remember when popping in for the day would coat your nose in black gunk. It was vile. I’ll never understand people arguing for lung disease over fresh air. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Got the pads for the car.

A nice shiny orange box...🙄🙄🙄🙄IMG20240228132022.thumb.jpg.ce2b18d6d50464ab74aefcce2029785e.jpg

Then this inside

IMG20240228132038.thumb.jpg.29a03e0d8c73c8406a0421374561570e.jpg

To find the pads here.

IMG20240228132047.thumb.jpg.d87a540403176dd647feba92654bb955.jpg

What's the f point.....😤😤

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Mawsley said:

There again, London is a complete ripoff shithole and filled with w**kers - so he’s doing you all a favour by dissuading you from visiting it. 

I remember when popping in for the day would coat your nose in black gunk. It was vile. I’ll never understand people arguing for lung disease over fresh air. 

Well as you put it so eloquently, some of us like living in that place you call a shithole filled with w**kers! just not the self serving w**ker that is our mayor.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Fish said:

Well as you put it so eloquently, some of us like living in that place you call a shithole filled with w**kers! just not the self serving w**ker that is our mayor.

There's a lot I still like about London but it's changed a lot over the last 30 years and not necessarily for the better. Introducing a  London mayor has been a bit of a disaster - Livingston, Bojo and Khan. Names to strike fear into anyone with a functioning brain.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

There's a lot I still like about London but it's changed a lot over the last 30 years and not necessarily for the better. Introducing a  London mayor has been a bit of a disaster - Livingston, Bojo and Khan. Names to strike fear into anyone with a functioning brain.

We are slaves to history. The very first mayor of London was a Dick so tradition must he upheld. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

We are slaves to history. The very first mayor of London was a Dick so tradition must he upheld. 

That's one way of looking at it!

I gladly don't have, nor a reason to visit london again.

nothing particular to point out but just everything doesn't draw me to spend any time, money or patience in that area of UK.

so what does that say about the people that live there willingly or not willing? 🤡

I gladly don't have, nor a reason to visit london again.

nothing particular to point out but just everything doesn't draw me to spend any time, money or patience in that area of UK.

10 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

so what does that say about the people that live/work there willingly or not willing? 🤡

15 hours ago, Fish said:

Well you can always vote for the racist fat fruitloop who makes up stories about being robbed. I’m sure she’ll make your life immeasurably better and will support your desire to give children lung disease.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Well you can always vote for the racist fat fruitloop who makes up stories about being robbed. I’m sure she’ll make your life immeasurably better and will support your desire to give children lung disease.

Sounds as if she has all the qualities needed on the basis of current and previous occupants of the post. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, husoi said:

Although this doesn't affect me.

This article is another demonstration that we live in a country run by people with the brain of a jellyfish.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68658209

I used to work for a smallish travel firm which had been founded by a husband and wife couple. She once turned up at the airport having forgotten her passport, and upon being told that she would not be permitted to board, promptly stamped her foot, declared that she was the party leader and simply had to be let on the plane.

Deciding that it would be better to let the mugs at the destination airport handle her, they actually let her fly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My rant is tourists and second home owners, they are back:

• cleaners/ gardeners race around getting ready then block roads as they work,*
  • blocking road as to unpack for the weekend,*
  • Stop gawk at changes in the town, the big new build old people’s home (that’s being going on since the new year) and the new front on ice cream shop (that was crashed into 6 months ago) are this springs main feature,
  • stop randomly to admire the horses 1/2 a mile away,
  • block whole road for animals in road neither with any intention of moving,
  • Ride a horse slowly with so much shiny new high viz flappy stuff (so much so it gets my dogs and gets there attention, which results in dirty looks),
  • All the expensive looking boats being dragged into town (with various standard of driving) to fill car parks taking all available space afloat,
  • Double parking round favourite takeouts blocking roads - worse than a winter weekend and it was only Wednesday.

Then there are the antics afloat:

• dinghies that where swamped slimy green masses all winter being scrubbed up,
  • people sounding shocked that there 6 month untouched boat is a moldy and smelly, with non starting engine,
  • Brand-new tenders appearing polished basically double parked taking all the space,
  • new sailing clothes to the front,
  • Boat handling and experience levels dropping simultaneously,

That was just yesterday, life and boating will now be measured by when we can get parking space not the tides and to some extent weather.

Sadly it’s during this weekend the area starts to take is full colour full and splendid beauty out in the forest and seafronts they will all be in full glories of bloom.

The colours of drinks cans, McDonald’s/ chip wrappers, crisp packets, kites and other debris will be in full bloom around  the car parks, the forest, road sides and beaches for the next 6 months.

Hopefully they have cracked down on “wild camping” the tissue and excrement that leaves behind.

*I am guessing second homes often have little or no parking as they are cheaper so more attractive and often the quaint houses in the middle of town where you would want to stay but not so practical to live in.

At least the weather is crap so, I am sure I will be back with more rants later as the summer bloom grows.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Whenever it rains my back garden lawn becomes a lake. Now I have a water barrel and pump that deals nicely with the constant downpours but lately it doesn't seem to stop the flooding. I notice my neighbours shed has a water bowser doing similar but while they were out today I had a look at their arrangement. They have the tap on the bowser constantly open and draining into my garden. Must have a word tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, veracocha said:

Whenever it rains my back garden lawn becomes a lake. Now I have a water barrel and pump that deals nicely with the constant downpours but lately it doesn't seem to stop the flooding. I notice my neighbours shed has a water bowser doing similar but while they were out today I had a look at their arrangement. They have the tap on the bowser constantly open and draining into my garden. Must have a word tomorrow.

What a fricken liberty! 

• Like 2

On 29/02/2024 at 19:29, S-Westerly said:

Sounds as if she has all the qualities needed on the basis of current and previous occupants of the post. 

Would that be the one I saw a few years ago on a train in London knocking back a couple of cans of Gin and Tonic ?

10 hours ago, veracocha said:

Can you build a dam to stop there run off entering your garden?