What you doing this weekend?

rennie

1 hour ago, rennie said:

Magners! too girly for me! :cheers:

Here you go @rennie proper stuff at a good price: A proper hangover for £16 ( with Tesco’s clubcard )👍

E39BFA31-B9E8-405F-93A7-7C9C07521DFE.jpeg.6829cef166ab092cb44b1d5364ee0228.jpeg

Edited by Mickly

3 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Here you go @rennie proper stuff at a good price: A proper hangover for £16 ( with Tesco’s clubcard )👍

E39BFA31-B9E8-405F-93A7-7C9C07521DFE.jpeg.6829cef166ab092cb44b1d5364ee0228.jpeg

Just check ... if manufactured by HP Bulmer its not cider ... it’s fermented apple based sugar alcohol derivative ... I watched that factories thing with Greg someone or other .... its not cider !!! not even close ... Hit the Sheppy's website .... https://www.sheppyscider.com

• Like 1

As a Yoof (around 1980) I used to travel to Symonds Cider in Bromyard & buy large amounts of their cider in 5 gallon drums, decant and sell at a profit to mates, although I used to drink quite a bit of it so profits were low.Me & a mate were once left alone in the tasting room while an old gal very slowly walked to the main house for some change .... trouble was we’d forgotten that we’d driven there in a van, so had to wait several hours before daring to drive home.

Sadly I think they have been brought up by some conglomerate, the Scrumpy Jack of today is nothing like the very tasty stuff of then.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

We have. Exchanged!

Congratulations! A nice feeling having your own place. Got our first one in 1983 after 4 years in rented flat. Still remember how good it felt. Brand new house so the garden wasn't- just a field of mud. Had virtually no furniture and most of that was hand me downs. Still it was ours and made us feel we were achieving something. 

shifting bikes over to mums barn whilst I have the garage roof sorted ........ and at the same time taking pics of the kwak to put it up for sale :)  .........

I say that now but once I've ridden it the long way to mums I might decide I'm keeping it again lol

• Like 3

We're skyping/virtual karaokeing with the Norfolk nutters tonight :cheers:

We're celebrating too! They've finally completed the sale Of Sue's Dad's bungalow

and the buyers have moved in :thumb:

just a few more bills to pay and his estate can be wound up

• Like 2

Girls aren’t away to uncle john’s this weekend so all 4 children at home .... Just Eat pizza delivered tonight ... cycling with girls tomorrow morning .. out on the motorbike with Connor Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning, weather dependant ...  

Can't wait for the sun and warmth to return ... “ Go camping when sun come back” is all we get out of our 3 year old ... 

u7VSfF%US0qJTkiyS6HURA.jpg

• Like 5

On 28/01/2021 at 16:16, James in Brum said:

Have never owned before  I am quite excited and at the same time nervous.

Fingers crossed all goes well. We’ve just successfully flogged a house - currently drinking something fizzy to celebrate.

Which part of Brum (I assume it’s Brum)? I used to live near Kingstanding*, though we called it Great Barr ‘cos that sounded better, before moving to near Shirley** (it was actually Solihull but I did want to give the impression of being posh 😂). 

* Templeton Rd

** Kingslea Rd

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rennie said:

We're skyping/virtual karaokeing with the Norfolk nutters tonight :cheers:

We're celebrating too! They've finally completed the sale Of Sue's Dad's bungalow

and the buyers have moved in :thumb:

just a few more bills to pay and his estate can be wound up

Norfolk Nutters... that describes many of my friends over there. Mostly the Wymondham and Norwich Premier Judo bunch... 😂

14 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Fingers crossed all goes well. We’ve just successfully flogged a house - currently drinking something fizzy to celebrate.

Which part of Brum (I assume it’s Brum)? I used to live near Kingstanding*, though we called it Great Barr ‘cos that sounded better, before moving to near Shirley** (it was actually Solihull but I did want to give the impression of being posh 😂). 

* Templeton Rd

** Kingslea Rd

Maypole just along from Shirley:-)

right by the big Sainsbury’s on the roundabout on the 435 

I am so chuffing excited now! Spoke to conveyancer, no reason we won’t complete on Monday :-) no chain involved. Started packing, but embarrassed that I have five boxes of dvds :-) 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

Maypole just along from Shirley:-)

right by the big Sainsbury’s on the roundabout on the 435 

I am so chuffing excited now! Spoke to conveyancer, no reason we won’t complete on Monday :-) no chain involved. Started packing, but embarrassed that I have five boxes of dvds :-) 

I left Brum 32 yrs ago, so no Sainsbury’s there at the time. I know roughly where you mean, though.

fingers crossed it all goes well. 

23 hours ago, stedebs said:

shifting bikes over to mums barn whilst I have the garage roof sorted ........ and at the same time taking pics of the kwak to put it up for sale :)  .........

I say that now but once I've ridden it the long way to mums I might decide I'm keeping it again lol

well I was till the fazer wouldn't start 🤬, some power was there but not enough to fire up .......... optimate plugged in and the kwak has been moved ........ do i really want to sell her????? huge grin factor lol

This weekend I'll be finally upgrading the lighting in my garage.

Currently have 5nr 36w fluorescent tubes with a total power usage of 200W giving a scarce 32 Lx 0.70m from the floor.

New lighting will be 9nr 4w LED tubes (30cm long) a total power usage of 45W and a theoretical 130 Lx 0.70m from the floor.

This will complete the total switch to LED's around the house including external flood lights :thumb: 

I'll post some pics for it when I finish the job.

Tasks will be

Make a cuppa tea

Takes bikes and trailer out

have a rest

Broom the floor

take out the stuff hanging from the roof struts

Lunch

make a cuppa tea

remove the lights and prepare the power cables

install new fittings and connect the cable

have a rest

Put the bikes and trailer back in the garage