Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Mine for today is the chap in a new fiesta on fake plates driving down the bus lanes in London, zooming in and out across multiple lanes at 8:30 am. 

Everyone on 2 wheels staying well back from him as nobody knows what he could do next. 

• Sad 1

More dangerous nobs.

A car had broken down on the top of the motorway off ramp on the M1. Two guys stood to the side with the bonnet up. This caused a huge tailback on the off ramp. 

Several people trying to go around the queue and nip in at the top like a motorcycle would. This worked for a while until there was no more cutting in space. 

Landover disco tries to cut across from lane 3 all the way to the off ramp in one go. Nowhere to go but into the Merc in lane 1 that's just driving along. Slams the Merc which ends up hitting the central reservation and is now stuck, stopped in lane 3.

Ford focus flying along on lane 3 sees the Merc swerves to lane 2, right at a hgv with an empty flat bed, like the ones that carry cars to dealers. Hgv swerved hard into lane 1, lucky there was nobody else around or could have spun both into the dozens of cars queuing to get off the motorway. Both ended up ok but probably a bit shook. 

2 women in the disco flailing arms around on the hard shoulder a few feet after the off ramp.

At that point there was room for me to filter so I got moving as far away as possible before anything else happened as the Merc was still stuck in lane 3. 

Not sure how many nobs are in this story, all of which happened in about 4 seconds. I'm just happy I didn't leave work 4 seconds later than I did. 

• Sad 3

This pillock. I was working on the drive when he parked part way across it. What he failed to recognise is that the angle of the road to the drive means that when he blocks part of it we can't swing in without having to reverse out into oncoming traffic...at the bottom of a hill, on a blind bend, unable to see what's coming 'cos some nob has parked a van across the drive.

IMG_20221202_151545981.jpg

• Sad 3

On 02/12/2022 at 15:43, Tiggie said:

Whoever at amazon decided to pack my coffee filters in this size box. If you take the packing paper out you could fit 12 inside!!

20221202_153811.jpg

16699958823512628971582564420545.jpg

There was an inside the factory documentary on Amazon. From what I remember it's a computer that matches the packing to the items bought. Someone who's overworked would have just shoved it in and noth bothered thinking about it

• Like 1

Can I nominate a group of lowlife people?

All Union reps, leaders and that kind of scum.

Useless Tw@ts calling strikes around xmas so they can have days off. 🤬

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, husoi said:

Can I nominate a group of lowlife people?

All Union reps, leaders and that kind of scum.

Useless Tw@ts calling strikes around xmas so they can have days off. 🤬

No you can't! 

Union leaders and reps do the very best they can for their members! ..

The government and the bosses that offer paltry pay rises when inflation is at record levels are the scum!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

No you can't! 

The government and the bosses that offer paltry pay rises when inflation is at record levels are the scum!

And 20%pay rise accross the board is going to lower it 🤔 

No its going to put up prices and taxes and cause jobs to be lost because its coming out of budgets which are not bottomless. 

I have no issue with these pay rise requests, my wife has suffered badly from little to no increase ie now way worse off than she was I'm just confused as to which magic money tree it's coming from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiwiBob said:

No you can't! 

Bunch of leaches.

My ex was almost sacked because she didn't want to join unison.

The money people pay for those useless people is a good salary saving.

Been working since 1985 and never needed anyone to sort my pay or work conditions.

If I'm not happy I will move on and nobody knows what is best for me.

Worked 6 months for a council and the union rep would spend the day doing nothing other than chatting to his gf and reading the sports section of the newspaper.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

Union leaders and reps do the very best they can for their members

Not all the time they don't! 

We have just had a 4 week strike at our place! As a result yes they got slightly increased pay rise to what was originally offered but it was only a re worked offer to pre strike which they accepted so the strike did nothing for them! 

What it did do is destroy the business to a point that we now need 80 plus staff less than pre strike 

Where is the union now after the strike trying to keep these people in a job? thats right nowhere to be seen because they got the publicity and according to them "they won" 

• Like 5

When it comes to the NHS I am not for the strikes, however I do feel certain areas should get a pay rise. When  lower skilled jobs outside the NHS command more pay.

The lower bands, where experience is under valued and exploited. When they are no longer allowed to use skills to avoid them being put on to a higher pay band. 

Pay restructured so they only get paid extra when they use those skills, pay them what they are worth.  

Remember many of these are the same people who worked through Covid all the extra hours and are still dealing with COVID and the risk of bringing it home on a daily basis.

New contracts are not an attractive proposition for progression.  People are now faced with 3-4 years of study with in real terms similar or less income in the short term and worse conditions in there contract as they progress.

Experience and knowledge in a role are no longer a valued by management in many industries.  Yet on the shop floor if they worked to rule and didn’t use the experience the professionals would struggle.

Edited by onesea
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Stu said:

Not all the time they don't! 

We have just had a 4 week strike at our place! As a result yes they got slightly increased pay rise to what was originally offered but it was only a re worked offer to pre strike which they accepted so the strike did nothing for them! 

What it did do is destroy the business to a point that we now need 80 plus staff less than pre strike 

Where is the union now after the strike trying to keep these people in a job? thats right nowhere to be seen because they got the publicity and according to them "they won" 

Just shows how stupid the management is! .. They should have offered that deal at the start and there would have been no strike!

Edited by KiwiBob
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

Just shows how stupid the management is! .. They should have offered that deal at the start and there would have been no strike!

Or they would of been faced with a strike because they would expect a bigger pay rise?

Edited by onesea

1 hour ago, KiwiBob said:

They offered it before the strike and it was refused by the union and not put to the members! 

With the parting comments of we are going on strike regardless! 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stu said:

They offered it before the strike and it was refused by the union and not put to the members! 

With the parting comments of we are going on strike regardless! 

Now you are just making stuff up!

Just now, KiwiBob said:

Now you are just making stuff up!

Really!! 

I know what went on in my own workplace and in the meetings! I was a part of a lot of it! 

I won't aste my time replying anymore as it's pretty clear you are one sided in all this! 

As the ex branch secretary of the union involved in the workplace who started off the pay talks I may well know what went on! 

• Like 4

I'm all for pay rises and particularly for vital services as folk will change trades and there will be a skills shortage however the rises can't match inflation as its unsustainable currently. I think they need to make a commitment for some sort of credible rises over a number of years. Problem is an independent body oversees MPS pay rises and they always get honoured however certain public sectors have a similar system and parliament normally votes against recommendations. Public spending needs to be more robust the MoD have spent a fortune on Ajax apcs for the Army which are so far unfit for purpose. They need to get wise with spending and scrap HS2 and maybe there will be more money out there

• Like 2

I am all for realistic pay rises and I'm also all for a strike in the right circumstances. 

The rail and Royal mail are a prime example of a strike that's worthy of it 

They are trying to take a lot away from them 

Ours was purely on pay that the company couldn't afford and as a result its cost jobs and the staff are already starting to feel it 

• Like 2

Pay rises....what are these things you speak of? 

In real terms my income is less than half of what it was when I started back in the 80's. Trouble is the pension is even worse so no point quitting until they carry me out with my boots on. 

• Sad 4

Me yesterday Stourbridge to Ludlow drive out. Stopped part way in the sticks as windscreen washers stopped working a quick check and fuse changed problem sorted. Heard something drop whilst sorting couldn't see anything. Got home minus house keys! 20 mile detour back in the dark and found said keys where I stopped earlier so total nob! 

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

The Stobart driver leaving a lorry park on the A5, left indicator going, so I moved over towards the kerb to give him the room to turn, only for him to turn right, into my path. I was at the speed limit and had headlight and led lights on. 

On 13/12/2022 at 00:47, billy sugger said:

The Stobart driver leaving a lorry park on the A5, left indicator going, so I moved over towards the kerb to give him the room to turn, only for him to turn right, into my path. I was at the speed limit and had headlight and led lights on. 

How are you still alive?

Bloody good brakes, and realising he was turning right just early enough to stop. The driver just drove off as if nothing had happened. To be truthful, if the road conditions had been better I would have been going faster and never would have stopped in time 

• Sad 2