Nob of the Day.......

Tango

I'm amazed. finally got through after approx 35 minutes and they admitted they were at fault and I had cancelled on the 10th June as I said I did! ( let this be a lesson, when a call centre gives you a reference number KEEP IT!!)

I've been told it's all sorted now, only time will tell I guess. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I'm voting Virgin Media (to be fair, they aren't just daily nobs but year round ones :roll:)

Cancelled my phone contract with them on the 10th of June. It was a monthly rolling one so no issues with doing that. I cancelled my direct debit with them after the last payment as I normally do (I don't trust companies not to "accidentally" keep taking money!) I got a letter at the weekend to say my mobile services are being suspended as I haven't paid my bill in 3 months. No shit I haven't paid for a service I cancelled! :scratch:

Currently at 18 minutes on hold as they are very busy apparently :roll:

Virgin are absolutely one of the worst companies to deal with. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I'm voting Virgin Media (to be fair, they aren't just daily nobs but year round ones :roll:)

Cancelled my phone contract with them on the 10th of June. It was a monthly rolling one so no issues with doing that. I cancelled my direct debit with them after the last payment as I normally do (I don't trust companies not to "accidentally" keep taking money!) I got a letter at the weekend to say my mobile services are being suspended as I haven't paid my bill in 3 months. No shit I haven't paid for a service I cancelled! :scratch:

Currently at 18 minutes on hold as they are very busy apparently :roll:

I had exactly the same issue with Vodafone over a mobile WiFi account. Same issue cancelled the DD and they started demanding money. A 1hr call later and they are sending me a goodwiil gesture of £37.  I'm sure in some cases people just pay especially when they mention debt collection 

• Like 2

My son had this, but it was months before they contacted him to say he hadn't paid, by which time he'd racked up "debts" of £175. He phoned, and got "don't worry, we've made a mistake, we won't charge you". Meanwhile they sold his debt to a debt collector, who pursued him across the years to Australia and kept on with their falsehoods and threats. He's a lazy lad at heart so, rather than fight it, he coughed up! 

• Sad 4

We had a tenant in our house who has just left. The contract clearly says not to use blutac on the walls. I've been to check this evening - 68 blobs of blutac on the bedroom wall. It was decorated last year and now it need doing again.

• Sad 3

15 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

We had a tenant in our house who has just left. The contract clearly says not to use blutac on the walls. I've been to check this evening - 68 blobs of blutac on the bedroom wall. It was decorated last year and now it need doing again.

We have got a tenant in mum's house we asked to leave in January.

They are still there and paying rent.  Section 21 served and it's taken the solicitors 2 months to apply for an eviction notice...

I think by the time they move out we would wish we only had 68 marks on the walls... 

• Sad 3

Last year my boss had to go down to one of his flats and "evict" the boyfriend of one of his tenants!!

She had moved him in without informing my boss but had decided after a couple of weeks it wasn't working out and wanted him gone. Apparently he was kicking his feet about leaving and kept dragging it out till she had enough and asked boss to sort it.

He wasn't impressed to say the least about going down there, especially since he had never been informed about him staying in the first place! It did give him a bit of a laugh though when the lad started to tell him he had been doing some research and according to his tenants rights he couldn't just be told to leave.

His response was along the lines of " You aren't my bloody tenant, she is, she wants you gone, your name is not on the tenancy agreement, now on your bike" :lol:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I went out with a mate whose bike has been busted for the past 5 months. It was the first ride since getting it back so leaving the house we were taking it easy going up a local bypass at a steady 60mph. Leaving a roundabout I spotted a bright turquoise scooter following us, the rider had a bright pink helmet on, so he was certainly visible.

He seemed rather intent on catching us up so we eased off a bit and he overtook on the inside - which was a bit silly because we'd moved into the right hand lane to avoid a slow moving tractor - which he then promptly nearly ran into. This did however give us a chance to marvel at the angry buzzing noise his scooter was making, probably not helped by some non-original parts bolted on to make it go so fast.

His commitment to safety by riding a bright turquoise scooter and wearing a pink helmet were commendable. This was somewhat compromised by his choice to ride in a T-shirt and shorts, wearing pumps and no gloves. I suspect his tenancy of this mortal coil will be somewhat short and his ending messy. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, bonio said:

So, one thing I've never understood. How come it's the coil that's mortal?

It's from Shakespeare's Hamlet, the 2B or not 2B speech which was something about pencils.

Shakespeare coined lots of words. He made up several to fit into lines where the correct word didn't fit right.

Ay, there's the rub 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have 3, all from today. 

First one, idiot in a red corsa, coming from my right, in the inside lane of two entering a roundabout, the lane meant for going either all the way round or to take the right hand exit. I'm in the middle lane of three entering the roundabout, right hand lane for going right, left lane for left exit or straight across to next exit, my lane for straight across. I'm already on roundabout when red corsa crosses in front of me, almost taking me and a car on my left out. 

2nd one, M6 motorway me in 3rd lane from left, including the hard shoulder, doing 70 having just gone past a fixed camera (thanks satnav), nothing much in front of me and overtaking lane is empty. Along comes a dark coloured estate on my left, virtually matching my speed, that then decides to move over and occupy the space I'm already in :scratch:. I let off speed, let him in front then moved over into the overtaking lane, pulled level with the driver and made him aware of what I thought of his driving. 

3rd one was after leaving the sportsbike shop in Brum. You take a left onto a dual carriageway, and travel a couple of hundred metres to a U turn point to access the opposite dual carriageway. There is always a lot of traffic on this bit so I get in the correct lane as soon as possible. Almost at the U turn point when some idiot in a white car cuts across from my left in front of me and takes the same cut fortunately for that driver, I chose  to stop and  check nothing was coming before joining the carriageway as I needed the left hand lane for my exit. 

Someone remarked a week or so ago that I have a short fuse these days, I wonder why🤔😬

Edited by billy sugger
Typo
  • Like 1

I'd nominate the nob I'm currently riding around Spain with. Satnav took us up a single track up hill little venture. 

My friend decided that he couldn't make the turn, blamed a pothole and decided to turn right and go down the hill some what and get a closeup look at the local tree's.  

After dropping his Tiger and hearing some noises through the cardo, I stopped and came for a visit. 😂

The tiger was kissing the mud, I was showing due concern for the idiot, I mean friend and asking if the bike was OK.

After picking up the bike, and checking things over we got it back on the single track. All OK other then the crash frame had moved over an inch. Proves he didn't tighten it properly in the first place but ho hum...

Got sorted, everything good and start making our way down the track to find its a dead end.... Fecking satnav!

We completed our ride and made it back to the Airbnb to live another day 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I had put the bike away until next year as I was waiting on major surgery which was cancelled. A week of of and on rail strikes looming I thought bike it is. All seemed to go well riding Into my new place of work. However leaving today I realised my gloves were an odd pair, as I zipped my jacket up the zip fell off that really topped it off 😂

• Haha 3

Stopped at traffic lights last night, 4 lane road with 40mph limit. Lights go green and off I go, BMW beside me zooms off into the distance and must have hit 80mph, straight through a speed camera, flash flash and 3 points in the post 

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, daveinlim said:

Stopped at traffic lights last night, 4 lane road with 40mph limit. Lights go green and off I go, BMW beside me zooms off into the distance and must have hit 80mph, straight through a speed camera, flash flash and 3 points in the post 

I had something similar (but an Audi) years ago. I still chuckle every time I go past that camera.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveinlim said:

Some people gotta learn .... The hard way 😆

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daveinlim said:

The traffic lights Westbound Redbridge Flyover in Southampton used to be good for this on the bike. Filter through the traffic car at front nearly always wants to race (most cars in Southampton do).
Flick of the wrist up to 50mph speed limit, they would just be catching you up and going much quicker on approach to the camera and Flash…
They have since reduced the speed limit and camera is no longer active, such a shame.  It’s those little pleasures in life, that can make your day brighter.

Edited by onesea
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, billy sugger said:

I much prefer to let the boy racers get away first and then just blast past, with maybe a little wave. 

If you really want to rub it in don't blast past them. Just cruise on by nonchalantly, that really winds them up 'cos you're not even trying.