Nob of the Day.......

Tango

So-called help lines at banks. Operated if that's the word by so called AI which would be better named as AM where the M stands for morons. My dad has 2 cards he doesn't use but my mum used to use for online purchases. These had a balance on (less than £20 in total) which he wasn't aware of as he being blind he couldn't read the statements. Tried to solve it on line but ended up having to visit 2 separate banks in Blyth as none left in Morpeth.  Even then I can't cancel the cards but at least they're now clear. Really boils my piss when I keep getting directed to online  or phone banking for my dad when he can't use the bloody things. Even being able to talk to a human being might have been better.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our younger daughter is expecting a baby within the next few days. Things haven't been easy for her which I won't go into. But suffice to say she needed some help to assemble some nursery furniture and ease doors that we're sticking after new carpets were laid.

So I gathered all my tools, my bag of screwdrivers and general tools, a belt sander, circular saw, power planer. A straight edge and tape to stop the doors splintering when cut. A workmate. Towels to protect the doors. Lunch. A powerpack for my phone. Gloves. 

And off I went. Happily confident I had everything I needed 

Except for the keys to her house.

Rude words were said.

• Haha 9

On 05/10/2022 at 07:46, MikeHorton said:

Let them fly past then filter past them at the next junction or lights 😂

Best way

Problem with cars launching off through cameras these days is that there is a good chance its cloned and un insured and they don't give a fook. 

6A54FD25-173E-4FFB-B38D-A4903D8D0EC0.thumb.jpeg.1609e39b55e3f68a7fd8322e35b28e5b.jpeg

I am going nominate this guy, I know my English isn’t the best.  He the got upset when I suggested a “John” with bland surname (not smith) with no photo or FB profile of note might be considered a fake.
He left the group of his own accord.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, goat said:

An unbelievable level of bad luck. Reminds me of the time Brian Harvey from E17 ate too many baked potatoes, lent out the car to be sick, fell out and it ran him over.  

Checkov, new star trek got killed by being run over by his car. 

My management company...

3 years back, I bought a run down flat in a pricey area. Thinking that I could do it up, pay down the mortgage, have great capital to make buying a house easier. And anything wrong to the building, the management company has to fix it. 

Before I moved in, there was a water leak and the flats below (I'm top of 3 floors) got damage. Came from a bad fitting of the kitchen drain pipe to the buildings main drain.

About a year into living here, the leak starts again, but only in the bottom floor flat. I'm friendly with the neighbours so check their connections, and mine. Direct access to the main pipe is impossible, it is in an enclosed wall running inside the cavity of the building. You'd have to remove/cut out an entire portion of peoples kitchens to access it directly, it's a bad design. 

I did manage to get a hold of my pipe and found the main pipe moved with it, when I pushed and pulled a little, it made a loud distant *Thunk* and the leak stopped. If anything it felt like the entire assembly dropped an inch. We had a tremor in the area so thought maybe a T-section had come loose. There was some dampness that I could see, which dried up, so I said the issue was fixed. And told the management company to keep a note of it, and possibly look to replace it with an externally run pipe. 

It returned a few weeks ago, again only in the bottom floor flat, not long after I bought a new washing machine. But when I checked, my connections are dry, and there's no dampness to suggest the main pipe has an issue. The lady in the bottom floor flat told the landlord, who told the management company, and I got letters saying "fix it, or we will and charge you". I replied saying I'd checked my connections, which were sound, and they'd have to arrange at their own expense an investigation into their pipe, which I'd both warned them about being possibly damaged, and not my responsibility. 

It was ignored and nasty letter number 2 arrives, saying they've confirmed (no one visited) it was my flat leaking, and I'd be on the hook for the cost. 

Access to the main pipe is impossible without heavy amount of strip out. So I knew they were lying. I went to my garage, fetched the borescope camera and fed it through the hole in the wall my drain pipe passes through to meet the main pipe. All connections bone dry, area around it is bone dry, looking down the cavity, I now see the pipe clearly, and boy is it on the piss. I'd bet a connection further down has now gone. I replied with pictures, and kept it short, asking for proof of how they confirmed it, and that I felt they had tried to extort me. Had I been someone vulnerable, or elderly, that could have gone a different route. And I would see them at the owners meeting next month to discuss next steps. 

No reply. Funny that. :booty:

Edited by Fozzie
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

My management company...

3 years back, I bought a run down flat in a pricey area. Thinking that I could do it up, pay down the mortgage, have great capital to make buying a house easier. And anything wrong to the building, the management company has to fix it. 

Before I moved in, there was a water leak and the flats below (I'm top of 3 floors) got damage. Came from a bad fitting of the kitchen drain pipe to the buildings main drain.

About a year into living here, the leak starts again, but only in the bottom floor flat. I'm friendly with the neighbours so check their connections, and mine. Direct access to the main pipe is impossible, it is in an enclosed wall running inside the cavity of the building. You'd have to remove/cut out an entire portion of peoples kitchens to access it directly, it's a bad design. 

I did manage to get a hold of my pipe and found the main pipe moved with it, when I pushed and pulled a little, it made a loud distant *Thunk* and the leak stopped. If anything it felt like the entire assembly dropped an inch. We had a tremor in the area so thought maybe a T-section had come loose. There was some dampness that I could see, which dried up, so I said the issue was fixed. And told the management company to keep a note of it, and possibly look to replace it with an externally run pipe. 

It returned a few weeks ago, again only in the bottom floor flat, not long after I bought a new washing machine. But when I checked, my connections are dry, and there's no dampness to suggest the main pipe has an issue. The lady in the bottom floor flat told the landlord, who told the management company, and I got letters saying "fix it, or we will and charge you". I replied saying I'd checked my connections, which were sound, and they'd have to arrange at their own expense an investigation into their pipe, which I'd both warned them about being possibly damaged, and not my responsibility. 

It was ignored and nasty letter number 2 arrives, saying they've confirmed (no one visited) it was my flat leaking, and I'd be on the hook for the cost. 

Access to the main pipe is impossible without heavy amount of strip out. So I knew they were lying. I went to my garage, fetched the borescope camera and fed it through the hole in the wall my drain pipe passes through to meet the main pipe. All connections bone dry, area around it is bone dry, looking down the cavity, I now see the pipe clearly, and boy is it on the piss. I'd bet a connection further down has now gone. I replied with pictures, and kept it short, asking for proof of how they confirmed it, and that I felt they had tried to extort me. Had I been someone vulnerable, or elderly, that could have gone a different route. And I would see them at the owners meeting next month to discuss next steps. 

No reply. Funny that. :booty:

One of the main reasons we sold our flat - fed up with dealing with a  management company and paying a fee of almost £2500 per year. Then getting screwed with one off special payments for various "communal" charges. As we had a larger flat we were often paying double for something that we didn't use or need.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, onesea said:

You know when a parts weak, when is cheaper to buy it on mass...

Better damaged cap than the entire final drive casing.

of them for £12 isn't something I'll complain about.

• Like 1

Update on the scammers management company.

They replied saying it was a connecting pipe to all flats, so any issues must be dealt with by ourselves. 

I replied again asking me to show that demarcation, as the one I have access to says that it ends at the cavity where this pipe resides with the caveat that the flats had to ensure their pipes are connected properly. 

The landlord from the bottom floor flat visited, and we had a good chat. His background is in construction. He reported it and told the management company to access their soil pipe, as he remembered my temporary fix from last time. So was surprised to hear they'd come to me pointing fingers. Going to be an awkward meeting next month when they have to sit down with both of us in the room... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2