Nob of the Day.......

Tango

41 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

A teeny, tiny percent at the mo.:classic_sad:

Definitely worth doing.

The tax man got his claws into me a few years ago for child benefit. (Totally accidental non payment ) And i had to pay a lot back.

So now we have a tax man fund. All child benefit goes into a separate account and i just give it back in January. 

Yes i know it could be easier to just stop claiming but what happens if you lose your job etc.

Plus i try to lump as much of my bonus as possible into my pension to avoid giving it to Boris.

Thus the account may pay for a beer or 3.

P.s. 

Once you are on the radar. They don't let go.

• Like 1

One other thing you can explore is monthly payments.

Inland revenue knows that everyone is under pressure and will allow you to split the payments over 3 months as long you don't miss any.

But you will have to call (or contact them by any other mean) and have it sorted. This will show them that you are keen in have the issue sorted.

Leaving it ignored for a long period will tell IR that you don't care about it.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 15:14, NeilM said:

Definitely worth doing.

The tax man got his claws into me a few years ago for child benefit. (Totally accidental non payment ) And i had to pay a lot back.

So now we have a tax man fund. All child benefit goes into a separate account and i just give it back in January.

P.s. 

Once you are on the radar. They don't let go.

Been there done that, still got claims for over payments long after we'd stopped receiving it 🙄

I remember my ex claiming working tax credits for me to which I was entitled to £0 and I would still get over payment letters at least every 12 months 

The horse and cart driver that looked behind him and saw the ENORMOUS queue of traffic snaking back miles behind him and carried on for miles more (passing stopping places) at 8-12mph. 

I eventually made it to the front but was still stuck cos the traffic was flowing in the opposite direction and the only way round would have been loud and fast rather than wide n slow. Thought about it though grrrrr. 

28 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The horse and cart driver that looked behind him and saw the ENORMOUS queue of traffic snaking back miles behind him and carried on for miles more (passing stopping places) at 8-12mph. 

I eventually made it to the front but was still stuck cos the traffic was flowing in the opposite direction and the only way round would have been loud and fast rather than wide n slow. Thought about it though grrrrr. 

Being a resident of rural Somerset I would have thought you would be used to that .... :classic_smile:

Few days ago there was a horse and cart being driven by what I'm guessing were gypsy kids.  The traffic wasn't too bad but what got me riled up was the way they had a wee terrier running alongside. It was terrified and of course other road traffic was coming close to the dog all the time.  When  I got up to them I bawled something about the dog. The young woman who responded had as good a vocabulary as the crustiest of seamen. Suffice to say we did not part on amicable terms.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Few days ago there was a horse and cart being driven by what I'm guessing were gypsy kids.  The traffic wasn't too bad but what got me riled up was the way they had a wee terrier running alongside. It was terrified and of course other road traffic was coming close to the dog all the time.  When  I got up to them I bawled something about the dog. The young woman who responded had as good a vocabulary as the crustiest of seamen. Suffice to say we did not part on amicable terms.

Wot with ur profession I would have thought the language fisherman’s wives would have sounded homely 😂

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Wot with ur profession I would have thought the language fisherman’s wives would have sounded homely 😂

I'm of a very delicate disposition I'll have you know. 

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Haha 1

@Slowlycatchymonkey. You need to come to the new forest to appreciate brainless traffic hold ups.

I guess it's a 3 mile to cart park where we walk the dogs.  

Yesterday:

3 horses,

6 cyclists,

2 road joggers (you have miles of footpaths yet choose the road),

4 walkers again in the road?

It was Sunday so we expected drivers to be doing 30 mph or less, not the limit of 40. There where also less delivery drivers.

It's a national park you should never rush take your time and enjoy..

Present pandemic has taken out the group's of Lycra cyclists to greater extent.

How ever 6 days a week you get the clash between Sunday drivers, out shopping or dog walking and making most of being out of house and vans and working People actually trying to get somewhere.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, onesea said:

@Slowlycatchymonkey. You need to come to the new forest to appreciate brainless traffic hold ups.

Yesterday:

3 horses,

6 cyclists,

It was Sunday so we expected drivers to be doing 30 mph or less, not the limit of 40. There where also less delivery drivers.

How ever 6 days a week you get the clash between Sunday drivers, out shopping or dog walking and making most of being out of house and vans and working People actually trying to get somewhere.

Us Lycra clad cyclists are out in force everywhere ..... why don’t you like Lycra ..... does it secretly excite you ????

Can you not look at MAMIL’S without getting a little bit hard ... 

Try it, you know you want to .....🤣

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, onesea said:

Yesterday:

3 horses,

6 cyclists,

I don’t think weston, the Mendips or cheddar are much better tbh. Although I have also noticed that a lack of clusters of mamils has made cheddar and Burrington Coombs a lot better place to drive through. 

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Ireland used to be bad for that and probably still is- folks stopping on a narrow lane to have an interminable chat with someone else, oblivious to any other traffic.

They still do it here and when you eventually gesture that you need them to move (after giving them more than enough courtesy time) they get stroppy with you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trooper74 said:

Us Lycra clad cyclists are out in force everywhere ..... why don’t you like Lycra ..... does it secretly excite you ????

Can you not look at MAMIL’S without getting a little bit hard ... 

Try it, you know you want to .....🤣

Men in Lycra? I will give one good reason, cause my dog doesn't like them...  Probably because he gets fed up at getting scared as they race passed, shouted and bumped out of the way by them when off road bikes are on the forest footpaths, joggers can be as bad (the last one had 5 foot+ wide path to run along I had the dog stopped to the side he bumped him as he ran past then shouted back as he ran off)...   Afew years back the ones shouting out of the way at my daughter , on a cycle path learning to ride her bike shouting "TO THE LLEFT".

I think the reason he really has turned against men (yes he doesn't react to women) is Lycra is they generally slow and don't give abuse, he's kind of defensive in his nature.

As for me wearing Lycra, I dare not the dogs would not let me in the house...

• Haha 3

The mere thought of donning lycra is enough to make me nauseous. We get a lot of the MAMILS round here as they huff and puff up the lane to do their manly deeds up in the woods. What really pisses me off is when they come hurtling down the lane which is a 20 mph limit and very narrow. They go well fast and they're  bloody silent. As a result they're dangerous. The dogs (on leads) go mental.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 1

Dog related 

I was nob of the day about 30yrs ago, walking round a lake with my girlfriend, a dog Walker comming towards us with dog running everywhere, was some  mongrel thing labrador size ish.

As it got within range it made a run straight at us barking all the way, the f**kwit of an owner shouting for it to come back, I'm not sure what was going through my mind but as it showed no sign of stopping at about 100ft I started running towards it barking  as I ran, the dog nearly fell over trying to go into full reverse, I continued to chase it straight past the owner who started shouting at me for scaring his dog, I was pretty fast back then, the dog kept looking behind and probably thinking fcuk everytime as I was still there, the owner tried chasing after us, he was calling me all sorts 😁 

He reckoned I was mental and he was going to have me, I stopped and he just kept on running after his dog

when I got back to girlfriend she agreed and thought I was mental too, although greatful the dog got no where near her.

• Haha 9

9 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

The mere thought of donning lycra is enough to make me nauseous. We get a lot of the MAMILS round here as they huff and puff up the lane to do their manly deeds up in the woods. What really pisses me off is when they come hurtling down the lane which is a 20 mph limit and very narrow. They go well fast and they're  bloody silent. As a result they're dangerous. The dogs (on leads) go mental.

I think it’s about time they banned those bloody motorbikes ... screaming round the roads pretending to be racers. All dressed up in their leather clothes, frightening my dog and horses. Riding round the woods churning up the footpaths, causing chaos ......

It’s so easy to be intolerant of others isn’t it .....:classic_smile:

9 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

I think it’s about time they banned those bloody motorbikes ... screaming round the roads pretending to be racers. All dressed up in their leather clothes, frightening my dog and horses. Riding round the woods churning up the footpaths, causing chaos ......

Nah, bikers like that ought to banned. Apart from the leathers that is. Unless its power ranger gear, you can ban that.

• Like 2

Yup when out and about allow others to pass if they want to go faster. 

Understand that others will want a safe place to allow them to pass.

Keep groups small so that is easy to pass, if slower.

Don't raise your voice shake hands when someone frustrated you. Lots of little things can make it better for every one.

I ride a push bike myself. However I don't wear lycra nor do I ride hell for leather down narrow sunken lanes used by pedestrians and dog walkers and scream imprecations at them as I pass.

I'm tolerant up to a point.......

• Like 1