Nob of the Day.......

Tango

5 hours ago, Fish said:

The poor sod who was riding his Ténéré around the M25 last night in the heavy rain. My car was aquaplaning, so god know how he was managing.

Fish

To be fair maybe it`s time for a hero/optimist of the day thread then !

Man on Tenere only a nob if he believed it was going to be good weather, after all this is the U.K

Cheers

Ian

Rangers fans. They ruined George St, Glasgow for the second time and locally last night was fireworks, drunks and someone spray painted every local bus stop. Is there nay other football club whose fans shit in their own backyard when celebrating a win?

6 hours ago, Throttled said:

Rangers fans. They ruined George St, Glasgow for the second time and locally last night was fireworks, drunks and someone spray painted every local bus stop. Is there nay other football club whose fans shit in their own backyard when celebrating a win?

Celtic fans? Or are they more restrained?

13 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Went to check the bike tyre pressures. Put my keys on the bike, did the tyres, closed the garage door.

Now the garage door is locked. The house front door is locked. And my keys are sat on the bike seat inside the garage. 😖

😱

22 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Went to check the bike tyre pressures. Put my keys on the bike, did the tyres, closed the garage door.

Now the garage door is locked. The house front door is locked. And my keys are sat on the bike seat inside the garage. 😖

Get one of these! ... https://www.screwfix.com/p/master-lock-water-resistant-combination-safe/77908

Edited by KiwiBob

Have you tried any of the rear windows and see if you can force one open? 

A few years ago I thought the missus had the house keys, she thought I had the keys...

Had to force one of the rear windows. cheaper to get a window lock than a door one. 

51 minutes ago, husoi said:

Have you tried any of the rear windows and see if you can force one open? 

A few years ago I thought the missus had the house keys, she thought I had the keys...

Had to force one of the rear windows. cheaper to get a window lock than a door one. 

I have now managed to break into the garage, that's easier than breaking into the house.

• Like 1

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I have now managed to break into the garage, that's easier than breaking into the house.

Now you know what you need to do right?

Move the bike to the house. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

google picking them!

however they are probably more secure than most houses to an experienced thief.

My tip is get a large friendly dog give it a dog flap, ours is more likely to disable intruders jumping up to play with them. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, onesea said:

google picking them!

however they are probably more secure than most houses to an experienced thief.

My tip is get a large friendly dog give it a dog flap, ours is more likely to disable intruders jumping up to play with them. 

In my experience burglars are more likely to kick in the door or break a window rather than waste time picking the combination of a key safe... Mine is in an obscure position.

I have a dog too, he has a lovely loud bark! .. He is more likely to drown an intruder with piss at the excitement of a new visitor! ;) 

Edited by KiwiBob
  • Like 1

Nob of the month!!!

ME 🤬

Went to fill the tank of the pan to get it ready for the trip.

First, forgot the F***ing 44 paper (which was in the top box just behind me) 🤬🤬

Then got home and after stopping the bike on the side stand, got off. helmet and gloves out.

Went to put it on the centre stand and, Don't ask me how, I drop the stupid bike and smashed the right mirror. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

The only place I found that one a stick on mirror is down in Cornwall. Knowing how RM works it will arrive here by the end of next week... 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I'M A PHOQUING EEGIT!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, husoi said:

RM works it will arrive here by the end of next week... 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Pay extra for 48 hour or get collection look at parcel monkey for suitable courier.

17 minutes ago, onesea said:

Pay extra for 48 hour or get collection look at parcel monkey for suitable courier.

Unfortunately 48h in Scotland is a week...😠

Whoever stole the 115cc Honda moped I spotted in a field on a dog walk this morning.

Reported it via 101 and fair play to the police got a phone call a couple of hours later from an officer at the scene thanking me for reporting it as it was reported stolen a couple of days ago and they were arranging recovery.

It didn't look in bad nick so hopefully not much needs to be done to get it back on the road once the owner gets it back.

Edited by SometimesSansEngine
  • Like 3

Yesterday I followed what I presume was the GS owners club for a few miles.

Total number of shoulder checks? Zero. Times indicators were used? Zero. Waft of overbearing middle-aged smugness? Off the funking scale.

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

On 19/05/2021 at 22:33, Mr Fro said:

Yesterday I followed what I presume was the GS owners club for a few miles.

Total number of shoulder checks? Zero. Times indicators were used? Zero. Waft of overbearing middle-aged smugness? Off the funking scale.

But they are all so much better than everyone else...... 

• Like 1

Very unpoliticaly correct of me...

The guy on a Facebook group that is getting upset and threatening sailing schools for not being able to take him and his assistant dog on sailing lessons.

"this is 101 stuff & just should not be happening, EVERY training service provider within the UK (EU too) has a legal responsibility to provide disability & assistance dog accessibility, the rights are over a decade old."

now for me..

I have 2 dogs that come sailing with me, we are about to change the boat to a more dog for friendly boat.

Severely restricting boat choice, presently we have to lift 40kg of dog up and down a 5 foot ladder.

We have adjusted our guardrails so they would not be commercially acceptable to get them onboard.

we cannot go to any port where rafting is required as neighbors won't let the dogs on there deck so as not to damage there boats.

our inflatable dinghy is old with claw marks, 

we have dog overboard procedures in place,

should I go on...

actually one more point if ANYBODY approached me to go on a boat with that attitude. I would refuse because I do not want that attitude afloat with me...

• Like 2

I think in general there seems to be a huge sense of entitlement around these days. And people get pissed off & can't understand why they cant have things their way

• Like 2

Have every sympathy for disabled folks but there are some things which they have to accept you can't do. There are specially adapted boats for disabled people but they are a significant expense which a lot of training providers can't afford. Throw a dog in the mix and it becomes even more problematic. Not all dogs are suitable. I know of at least one who gets seasick.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 1