Nob of the Day.......

Tango

So do I and Im a lycra clad version at that (after 20 miles you realise theres a point to having the right gear) but the pelotons that refuse to thin to single file to allow you to pass or cyclists that refuse to acknowledge the miles queue theyve caused while ignoring lay-bys can take a running jump.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Trooper talking about intolerance, nice one 😂

Disagreeing with someones point of view isn’t intolerance ... it leads to discussion .... sharing of opinion and maybe, education.

"unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behaviour that differ from one's own."

17 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Disagreeing with someones point of view isn’t intolerance ... it leads to discussion .... sharing of opinion and maybe, education.

"unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behaviour that differ from one's own."

Yes that’s what I get from your more impassioned posts... :lol: 

• Like 1

Late last year I was approached by an old friend I lived with in London with her now husband

She said her and her husband had fallen on hard times, and needed a short loan for a week of £500. Was happy to help, but in short, I smelt a rat pretty quickly. It quickly became clear her husband didn't know she lent the money and she was desperate for him not to find out, so I started digging into why, and got in touch with an ex girlfriend who claims since moving to Scotland she's had intermittent drug issues. The best I can work out, she got pregnant, and is getting out of "that life" and people she's owed money have come knocking. And her husband doesn't know as he wanted to leave that lifestyle behind in their 20s. It took 4 months, but she's paid me back minus £50 which I've said she can have to help towards the new little one, as well as giving a bit of a lecture that if she's in trouble, she needs to come out about it, but she insists there's no trouble.

But I'm a bit unsure what to do. Her husband is a good friend of mine, and I feel I should say something. But I've frozen as it was pointed out that if she is getting out of it all, and takes having a kid seriously, telling him might be a bad idea as she has been desperate for it to be kept secret. While she's created this mess, do I want to be the one who potentially causes a breakup when there's now a kid on the way?

So yeah, nob of the day goes to her. And probably me either way this goes. Not lending money to friends anymore. 

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So do I and Im a lycra clad version at that (after 20 miles you realise theres a point to having the right gear) but the pelotons that refuse to thin to single file to allow you to pass or cyclists that refuse to acknowledge the miles queue theyve caused while ignoring lay-bys can take a running jump.

My wife has the cycle shorts thing. I don't as even when I do 30 miles I'll take the discomfort over looking like a hot air balloon perched on a bike.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Parked van pulls off an empty forecourt without looking, across the whole carriageway. I get that speed of light shot of adrenaline you get when you think your numbers up. I’m braking very hard now and had momentary relief when I thought “it’s ok Im going to make it.” A thought based on him not then just stopping on the carriageway! Somehow and I have no idea how I arrive on the other side unscathed, I think the bike must have slipped through like liquid mercury to avoid that one! What a nob. 

In teachery mode I think, did I miss anything, have I learnt anything from this? Yes I have. My bodies preparation for fight or flight mode does not include being weighed down by an enormous lunch! I won’t be have fish or tartare sauce for a while..  🤮 😂🤣😂😂

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
  • Like 1

Can I nominate for yesterday the cyclist, who gave me abuse for reversing parking in front of him.
Stopped indicated, looked behind started to reversed in, was given a load of abuse by said cyclist.

It was dark he was dressed in dark clothes and he had no lights :classic_wacko:

• Like 2

This nobhead...

Ok guys I'm new here but anyway I have a 2003 honda shadow 750 and I just got speakers to add to the bike and the output is 300 watt and RMS power handling is 150 watts but when I have my bike running and I turn the speakers on my battery drains and my bike cuts off...is there anything I can do about this or do I just need to get rid of the speakers.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, onesea said:

Can I nominate for yesterday the cyclist, who gave me abuse for reversing parking in front of him.
Stopped indicated, looked behind started to reversed in, was given a load of abuse by said cyclist.

It was dark he was dressed in dark clothes and he had no lights :classic_wacko:

I think some of dress in black deliberately so they can indulge in some righteous indignation when you don't spot them.

@onesea

More and more of them about at moment around here. On my way home from work last year as I pulled out of a junction I had to slam on as a guy was flying down the hill, at night, no lights, black clothing with hoodie :roll:

21 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

@onesea

More and more of them about at moment around here. On my way home from work last year as I pulled out of a junction I had to slam on as a guy was flying down the hill, at night, no lights, black clothing with hoodie :roll:

I'd say he was a candidate for the Darwinian Awards. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I've struggled whether or not to make this post as it is my daughter after all but for this I feel she is well and truly deserving of a nomination :smile:

She found a mouse in her living room last week, it's been found and dealt with now. The issue is that she has rung me up and is now worried that it may of laid eggs and she could have more appearing soon.

Laid eggs.  A mouse.  

I swear I didn't drop her on her head that often as a child, honest :oops:

But knowing you! you could have told her anything as she was growing up :lol: 

• Haha 1

On 09/02/2021 at 07:04, Trooper74 said:

I think it’s about time they banned those bloody motorbikes ... screaming round the roads pretending to be racers. All dressed up in their leather clothes, frightening my dog and horses. Riding round the woods churning up the footpaths, causing chaos ......

It’s so easy to be intolerant of others isn’t it .....:classic_smile:

image.jpeg.02b4a8c70eaa819f79683cb53a3b259d.jpeg

• Haha 1

The Goldstar truck driver clearing his cab driving down the M57 middday today. One item was a full bottle of orange drink which hit the car following causing it to swerve across the lanes. If it had it a bike they would have been off. Annoyingly my dashcam card had overwritten that bit by the time I got home.

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

The Goldstar truck driver clearing his cab driving down the M57 middday today. One item was a full bottle of orange drink which hit the car following causing it to swerve across the lanes. If it had it a bike they would have been off. Annoyingly my dashcam card had overwritten that bit by the time I got home.

That's unlikely to have been a drink 😁 

• Haha 4

Almost dropped the bike this morning trying to put it on the fecking paddock stand! The MT125's don't come with bobbins or anywhere to just screw a set onto, so I'm now looking at a set of R&G's which cost 3 times the price of the what looks like crap chinese ebay jobs. Just really hate over paying for kit! 😡

Fish

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fish said:

Almost dropped the bike this morning trying to put it on the fecking paddock stand! The MT125's don't come with bobbins or anywhere to just screw a set onto, so I'm now looking at a set of R&G's which cost 3 times the price of the what looks like crap chinese ebay jobs. Just really hate over paying for kit! 😡

Fish

If it has a hollow axle tube ... Get a length of threaded bar or such like that fits inside the bobbins ( ie m6/m8) 

Put through axle and bobbin either side ..

Remove after use.

IMG_20201130_125746415.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fish said:

Tempted to give this a go, instead of spending £50. Wise idea or not?

http://r125trackbike.blogspot.com/2014/05/attaching-rear-swingarm-sliderspick-up.html

It might be alright... or it might not!

I've got one of these for the whinja (because I don't like bobbins).