Nob of the Day.......

Tango

8 minutes ago, paulc said:

Makes me feel a bit better Husoi :D 👍, it wasnt even too heavy to lift back up...between 7 the of us :D

You needed 7 people to get that wee bike upright? 😮😮

Last time I had to lift my Pan European, this because of a nob cutting in front of me on a car park, by the time someone got close to me I had it already up.

Probably the adrenalin kicking in and I just hold it by the frame above the engine and used the legs as levers to get it up.

Is pretty much like putting it on the central stand, more technique and less strength ;) 

19 minutes ago, husoi said:

You needed 7 people to get that wee bike upright? 😮😮

Last time I had to lift my Pan European, this because of a nob cutting in front of me on a car park, by the time someone got close to me I had it already up.

Probably the adrenalin kicking in and I just hold it by the frame above the engine and used the legs as levers to get it up.

Is pretty much like putting it on the central stand, more technique and less strength ;) 

I was just joking :), it was me and the missus (who incidentally had hold of the top box)  and Ed our cockapoo, my daughter really was wetting herself laughing and didnt even come out of the house because it was cold..bloody kids eh,  I wouldnt fancy lifting a pan up though but you are right about the centre stand thing, I am just getting the nick or technique of it and now find it harder to bump off the stand than get it onto it.

On 01/01/2021 at 18:48, paulc said:

I was just joking :), it was me and the missus (who incidentally had hold of the top box)  and Ed our cockapoo, my daughter really was wetting herself laughing and didnt even come out of the house because it was cold..bloody kids eh,  I wouldnt fancy lifting a pan up though but you are right about the centre stand thing, I am just getting the nick or technique of it and now find it harder to bump off the stand than get it onto it.

The advantage for picking up a pan is that it pivots on those wing like protrusions so it’s already some way up before you have to do the real lifting. I speak from experience.

The BMW R series are similar on their engine rocker covers  (or crash bars). Again. I speak from experience.

Lifting an FJR1300 up off the floor in a muddy field is where the real pain is. I speak.., you know the rest. 😂

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Steve_M said:

The advantage for picking up a pan is that it pivots on those wing like protrusions so it’s already some way up before you have to do the real lifting. I speak from experience.

The BMW R series are similar on their engine rocker covers  (or crash bars). Again. I speak from experience.

Lifting an FJR1300 up off the floor in a muddy field is where the real pain is. I speak.., you know the rest. 😂

Ditto with lifting a Bandit 1250 up as well. 🙄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some grumpy old bloke on a push bike in Rugby this morning.

Walking up to our Sainsburys local which is on a busy main road out of town, heard a lot of cursing behind us. Looked around to see old bloke on bike with a bus and queue of cars behind him. He was cussing really loud " I suppose you are going to f##in follow me all the f##in way up here too" as he pedalled by. The road is fairly narrow and busy and I suspect the bus had been following him for a while and unable to get by, but following at a respectable distance.

If it was a problem for him he should have just pulled on to the path and let it by, but that would have been too easy and not give him something to moan about.

Edited by Bianco2564

9 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Absolutely most annoying thing to be stuck behind a cyclist on an uphill on a narrow road. Never mind the cyclist cursing, try me!

Rule 169:“Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle.“Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.”
:popcorn:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, onesea said:

Rule 169:“Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle.“Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.”
:popcorn:

Nope, doesn’t apply to cyclists, they are seen as vulnerable road users & as such can do what the f*ck they like ( see also pedestrians & horse riders ) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Nope, doesn’t apply to cyclists, they are seen as vulnerable road users & as such can do what the f*ck they like ( see also pedestrians & horse riders ) 

Not quite true, it means we should be careful round them but they should still follow Highway Code.

Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. 

It’s a fairly common argument on social media down here in normal times when you get packs of Lycra types blocking the road..

Little shit in an A3 souped up thing.

Very very nearly took me out in the car on the way home from work.

Heres the funny bit. Well i think so.

Its the A62 from Huddersfield to leeds. So even during covid its still busy with lots and i mean lots of traffic lights.

Now im far too professional and old to be getting road rage n rolling around on floor.

So the little shite is driving like a prick. But i keep catching up with him at the lights.

Remember I'm in Lisa's 107. As girlier car you won't find.

1st lights i pull up at the side of him. Put window down and stick my tongue out. Full on Maori style.  

Hes a little confused. 

Proceed to do this at the following 4 sets of lights.....

By now i genuinely believe he was more petrified than if I'd jumped out and gone for him.

I feel so much better now.....

He even stopped driving like a dick for the next few mile i followed him...

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, dynax said:

So many wrong things with that tw@t....

1 breakfast at 11???

2 Can't fecking make her own breakfast?

3 Is getting any food from McPlastics a essential shopping?

An many, many more. 🙄

• Like 2

I need to nominate someone...

SMS - some smartarse meter installers.

Had the installation early Dec '20

Then the guy said that the servers were out so someone would have to come back and have them commissioned so the energy provider could take the readings.

2nd appointment for today 25/1/21 between 8 and 12am cancelled due to Covid.

Did these idiots thought, "better give the guy a call." Nah, why bother.

Called 12:30 to be told that the appointment was cancelled.

When asked that if I was correct in assuming that if lockdown would last another 2 months then I would have to wait another 2 months for an appointment.

Answer: Yes.

So I'll have to pay 6 months more expensive energy because they can't be bothered..

More to follow...

Sounds like a trend in this country that companies are taking the piss from customers using lockdown as excuse.

Culprits so far:

Royal Mail by losing packages

Onestream by , well being Lidl of broadband.

Morrisons by advertising products at £3 then charging £8 at the counter

SMS for being a bunch of tw@ts...

Probably I'll be missing some others but it's monday. 🙄

• Like 1

The "main" Road out from my place is a 20 by virtue of it being very narrow with poor sight lines. Many people walk along it and there's no pavements. Very few cars go through it at 20. Most bikes do  and it boils my piss to see muppets going way faster than they should. Its actually on a known recommended TomTom route called The Cotswold Way.  Closely follows the footpath of the same name.

• Like 1

Tax office and Wifes payroll get the nod from me today :roll:

3 months ago my Wife transferred to a different job (Still midwifery but working as a parent teaching support thingy) her first wage came and she was double taxed :shock:. Rang payroll and explained and she was refunded on her next wage but this time they didn't take anything out. No tax has been taken out on this months either. So thats 3 months of wages that have had no tax taken off. Her payroll doesn't have a clue what is going wrong.

Those experienced in these matters know it doesn't mean free money, it means at some point we will get a letter demanding we pay back all the money that is due. Probably with threats of added charges etc.

Last time this happened to us was when she started as a midwife and we came off working tax credit. They continued to pay us for a year despite repeated phone calls and letters asking them to stop!! Then we eventually got the "you owe us lots of money" letter in the brown envelope :bang:

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Tax office and Wifes payroll get the nod from me today :roll:

3 months ago my Wife transferred to a different job (Still midwifery but working as a parent teaching support thingy) her first wage came and she was double taxed :shock:. Rang payroll and explained and she was refunded on her next wage but this time they didn't take anything out. No tax has been taken out on this months either. So thats 3 months of wages that have had no tax taken off. Her payroll doesn't have a clue what is going wrong.

Those experienced in these matters know it doesn't mean free money, it means at some point we will get a letter demanding we pay back all the money that is due. Probably with threats of added charges etc.

Last time this happened to us was when she started as a midwife and we came off working tax credit. They continued to pay us for a year despite repeated phone calls and letters asking them to stop!! Then we eventually got the "you owe us lots of money" letter in the brown envelope :bang:

Calculate roughly how much tax she should have deducted and put it on a savings account. at least you will get a % on it ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, S-Westerly said:

A teeny, tiny percent at the mo.:classic_sad:

True but, you will have it set aside when they ask you for it so isn't a surprise and better than nothing.

• Like 1