What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

1 hour ago, husoi said:

Almost forgot to mention.

Replaced insoles with gel insoles.

After spending several days drying the boots, yes I know I need to get new ones.

Last time out I just put the gel over the existing insoles and it felt great but a wee bit tight.

So I removed the old ones.

The gel insoles I got from Home bargains some time ago. :thumb: 

The good thing about it is that is a one size that you will cut to fit yours. And they are great.

Stuff boots full of newspaper and stand them upside down on a radiator. Will dry out in a couple of hours

• Like 1

Interesting thing after I serviced the Bobber. The gear change has always been positive and I've no complaints about it at all. The bike was serviced by the dealer whilst under warranty. They use Castrol Power 10W-40 which meets the spec. 

The handbook suggests using Castrol Power Racing 10W-40, a few pounds more but I decided to try it.

The gear change is now like silk. Still positive but much lighter and slicker. I am amazed how different it is and will certainly stick with the Racing oil in future.

On 08/11/2021 at 13:00, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Leaving aside the danger in which you have placed yourself with the opening of that sentence....I have found that brake light switches come with no lubricant inside them at all and fail very quickly.

I took mine to bits, added a tiny amount of thin grease, it's worked for ages since then.

Given the nature of @Pbassred opening statement, I am impressed you went on to recommend resolving the issue with lube.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, geofferz said:

Rode it to a dealer and put a deposit on something down. 

Wasn't able to test ride it yet, doing that Monday, I may hate it... 

C’mon you tease .. WTF is it ?

Booked it in for a clean and treatment by all year biker. I think.

I thought I’d splash a few quid out on getting the bike protected against the elements overwinter. The nearest operative is 50 miles away so I’ll get a bit of a ride in, too.

On the down side, you go through the whole process of setting up the booking and it’s only at the last moment you find that payment is by PayPal (a cash at time of treatment option is offered, but I thought I’d pay a deposit to secure the booking). I don’t use PayPal so when I stopped the transaction it still booked me in “subject to PayPal authorisation”.

I’ve had to email the operative to explain what’s happened and hope he can sort out the booking.

5 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Booked it in for a clean and treatment by all year biker. I think.

I thought I’d splash a few quid out on getting the bike protected against the elements overwinter. The nearest operative is 50 miles away so I’ll get a bit of a ride in, too.

On the down side, you go through the whole process of setting up the booking and it’s only at the last moment you find that payment is by PayPal (a cash at time of treatment option is offered, but I thought I’d pay a deposit to secure the booking). I don’t use PayPal so when I stopped the transaction it still booked me in “subject to PayPal authorisation”.

I’ve had to email the operative to explain what’s happened and hope he can sort out the booking.

Had mine done on Saturday by a guy in Market Lavington using the Halo treatment. Did a really good job and I paid him cash. Could have paid by direct bank transfer had I wanted.

Sunday had a boring thrash up the motorway to Barnard Castle. At least the weather was nice. 

Saturday; failed my IAM check ride again. Decided to give up.  Too many things that I fundamentally diagree with that are gospel.  I can't find an advantage to passing. 

On 14/11/2021 at 07:09, S-Westerly said:

Ooh, nice!

Not nice, horrible bike. Felt like a toy, bad riding position, so vibey my hands still hurt. 

Order cancelled, sorry chaps! 

Edited by geofferz