What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

11 hours ago, onesea said:

@Pie man @S-Westerly don’t worry some one will be along shortly to blame COVID, it’s an excuse that never gets old.

We had to cut back and…. So many more people want….  they are in isolation… we are in a different bubble…. We cannot get the spares…

To be fair they said they are trying to catch up with the large amount of work already booked in. The dealer is both Honda & KTM dealer, and we all know what them Honda's are like 😂 

They are trying to recruit a Motorcycle technician by all accounts

Edited by Pie man
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pie man said:

To be fair they said they are trying to catch up with the large amount of work already booked in. The dealer is both Honda & KTM dealer, and we all know what them Honda's are like 😂 

They are trying to recruit a Motorcycle technician by all accounts

Oi! Bloody Honda I'll not hear a bad word said🤣

• Haha 1

Well those pesky UPS people delivered the Heed Engine Bars today, the box was damaged and there was a slight mark on the bars (Which cant be seen once fitted) they were packed well and 80% covered with pipe insulation, so no complaints about the shipper however, those morons at UPS managed to scuff them ever so slightly, probably throwing them across the storage facility and no doubt being dropped from a great height. So in my lunch hour I touched them up and then this afternoon they were fitted. Job done and well pleased with them. 

I Managed to speak to the dealer and a date has been set to replace the exhaust silencer and sort out the fuel sender float thingymijig. 14th Feb, how very apt a date with KTM - wife is well pleased 😂

When I get bored I might just try and complain to UPS. 

• Like 4

I've only ever had issues with UPS too I always thought they were a premium carrier clearly not. We have a great DPD courier locally I can't fault them. I think it's a lottery depends on the company and individual drivers at times. 

• Like 1

We've never had an issue with DPD, the info on the app is live data and works really well. We have a delivery by them every week and not had one issue, to be fair Hermes only lost one item this year. 

UPS on the other hand, clueless. Their app is inconsistent and you could say their customer service team is an Utterly Pointless Service. 😂 

• Like 2

UPS is my bad carrier of the year. I was obviously lucky with my Heed bars but my stuff from Germany has obviously fallen through a crack in the space-time continuum as it appears to be in either two places or no places. UPS are as communicative as a Trappist monk under a vow of eternal silence. Fortunately the item in question is of low value so I use UPS as a kind of anger management tool to vent at every few days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think that there are problems in Germany. I’m waiting for a new helmet that’s been with DHL for about 10 days moving around  Germany. DHL say it’s not them but Deutsche Post. I got an email yesterday evening saying it’s been handed over to La Poste so fingers crossed it will arrive before the weekend. 
The only place I got any useful information was from the supplier, DHL were useless and just gave me an email address that didn’t get a reply and a telephone number that was no5 recognised. 

Edited by DR1
  • Haha 1

I had this with a spin dryer I bought from ebay. Didn't realise it was coming from Germany until the email came from UPS with the tracking information. Then came the expected delivery date, except of course it didn't turn up that day (was in all day), and then I followed the tracking information as it went on a celebratory tour of the UK and then over to Germany again. Took about three weeks. So I contacted the seller and they sent another, which came a week later. Then a month later, the first one turned up on our doorstep. It was during covid so we didn't a get a chance to refuse it, and when we told the ebay seller, he told us just to keep it. It's still in the garage, waiting for its brother to die.

8 hours ago, DR1 said:

I think that there are problems in Germany. I’m waiting for a new helmet that’s been with DHL for about 10 days moving around  Germany. DHL say it’s not them but Deutsche Post. I got an email yesterday evening saying it’s been handed over to La Poste so fingers crossed it will arrive before the weekend. 
The only place I got any useful information was from the supplier, DHL were useless and just gave me an email address that didn’t get a reply and a telephone number that was no5 recognised. 

Lets hope its well packaged up, its toured Europe before its even worn :-D 

Ordered a new pair of tyres from Manhattan for the Himalayan, Pirelli Scorpion Trails, had another winge about the clocks not working .... Paul has got me a new set foc ... top dealers ...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Ordered a new pair of tyres from Manhattan for the Himalayan, Pirelli Scorpion Trails, had another winge about the clocks not working .... Paul has got me a new set foc ... top dealers ...

I would be Interested to see what you think of the Pirelli's, mine are goosed at 6K. I might try the Dunlop Mutants. (Although we used to call Dunlops many years ago 'Dunlop ditch finders' I'm sure they've come along way since 😂

8 minutes ago, Pie man said:

I would be Interested to see what you think of the Pirelli's, mine are goosed at 6K. I might try the Dunlop Mutants. (Although we used to call Dunlops many years ago 'Dunlop ditch finders' I'm sure they've come along way since 😂

My current Pirelli’s have lasted 10K  so i’ll give these ones a go ...

On 21/12/2021 at 17:30, Pie man said:

Had Pirelli Phantoms on the Interceptor.  Total shite.

Changed to Bridgestone BT46... the easiest, most dramatically improving change I ever made on a bike.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Breezin said:

Had Pirelli Phantoms on the Interceptor.  Total shite.

Changed to Bridgestone BT46... the easiest, most dramatically improving change I ever made on a bike.

I had their predecessors on the 500. (BT45) Got 15000 out of a set, which apparently is good going, but I have road pilots on the 600 and only get about 5k out of them

Edited by billy sugger
  • Like 1

I had Bridgestones fitted on the K11 with a BT 023 on the front and a BT45 on the rear,  in April of this year before riding her over here to Tunisia at the end of October. Including  UK mileage and the ride through France and Italy and around here we've done about 8500 and they still look like new given all mileage is done with the missus on the back and then fully loaded on the trip over here. I've never had issues with Bridgestones even had them on the ST1100 and got mega mileage from them too

• Like 1

Rode down from the North back to Gloucestershire in horrendous traffic. Hate long motorway slogs especially when the roads are jam packed. Especially "managed" motorways where 3 or 4 lanes of traffic are all going more or less the same speed of 60 mph. Boring as hell except you need eyes in the back of your head to watch out for the idiots who haven't seen you.

My wife gave me a 10litre Kriega dry bag for Christmas. It comes with a nifty set of straps to attach it to the bike but the Bobber was just a bit too weird for Kriega's "universal fitting". 

Rather than cut the original straps I toddled round the corner to J&S and bought a pack of ROK straps. I shortened those and they work fine.

I can carry my waterproofs, a can of spare fuel (tiny tank on the Bobber), some spare gloves and a first aid kit. 

Very handy to have for next year riding trips.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Fish said:

not the bike so much, but the boots needed a proper clean, polish and leather wax applied. It's just soaking in before the final buff off

I did mine today as well. Working in a few layers of wax to feed the leather.

• Like 1

148 Miles around that there Derbyshire Peak District, down past Capesthorne Hall then over the Cat n Fiddle, Buxton, Pilsley, Chatsworth Estate, Rowsley, Bakewell, Monsal Head, Chapel-en-le-Frith and Home, all on an empty tank 😂

Didn't stop to take many pictures. 

176119264_Capesthorne(2).thumb.jpg.2cced1dc3b200b70f3d36cc9e2483ac3.jpg1168877056_MonsalHead(2).thumb.jpg.a4c8af0821b7248dcdab5cec5735a27e.jpg1492980207_Tree(2).thumb.jpg.a65dc8133b95111415fd7312dce4530b.jpg

• Like 6