What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Hit a mahoosive pot hole on the A570 on my way home from work 🤬, never noticed the pot hole before, then again, at this particular junction I'm not normally in the lane I was in. In my garage later to inspect the front wheel.   

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, James in Brum said:

It was nicked whilst I was at work. I’m sad but it is not the end of the world. No-one hurt. 

Have to say you're a bit more sanguine about it than I would be. I'd be wanting bloody revenge but good for you.

• Like 3

It was nicked whilst I was at work. I’m sad but it is not the end of the world. No-one hurt. 

Oh dang it sorry. Best outcome is a load of faff and some degree of monetary loss. :-(

Sorry to hear that. It's a shedload of hassle to have to sort out.

The one time someone nicked my bike I at least had the satisfaction of seeing them go headfirst into a tree trying to get away from me.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, James in Brum said:

I reported it stolen via the web portal for west midland’s police.

Not good. 🤬 Hope things are sorted pdq.

Edited by JRH

Finally got round to cleaning the tiger and giving it a good once over after being knocked off back in July. 

all things considered it faired fairly well and was fairly straight forward to sort out most of the damage 

• Like 3

On 23/11/2021 at 19:58, James in Brum said:

i hope who nicked it gets their eyes poked out with sticks and their hands cut off and hope its fooking agony for em ...even better death.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

No news. It’s gone and broken into parts I suspect. I’m in the process of purchasing a certain master restorers ER5 

Careful or the next thing you know you'll have a  Harley Davidson as well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20211128_193058.thumb.jpg.bf745e6105a47a872ad699bc10e27435.jpg

Back end stripped ready to get swinging arm coated black like the previous one. 

Spent a long time considering if this was the right move. 

Later arm from injection model not sold in the UK but I want to get back to the way it was before. 

20190623_110724.thumb.jpg.3851afdf06f9ca4cd26f6c8592d6a534.jpg

cheers 

Ian 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Just Ordered a set of Heed Crash Bars. Lets see if I get stung for duty and how long delivery takes. Fkn brexit 💩

Mine were ordered direct from Heed on Monday evening and arrived the following Friday.  Didn't pay anything beyond the advertised price. This was about a month ago so well after Brexit.

Edited by S-Westerly

48 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Mine were ordered direct from Heed on Monday evening and arrived the following Friday.  Didn't pay anything beyond the advertised price. This was about a month ago so well after Brexit.

I've ordered direct too. Only put the order in after they had closed today, fingers crossed. On the account it did ask for personal or business. 

1 minute ago, Pie man said:

I've ordered direct too. Only put the order in after they had closed today, fingers crossed. On the account it did ask for personal or business. 

Good luck then. With that luck you should have them by the weekend.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

No doubt all will be revealed in due course!

Yes - All has become apparent - Stung for £46 import duty. Who was it that said 'even fools can sometimes be right'. Well at least we know 51.9% of the population are fkn idiots. 🤬

• Sad 2

Rode out to Chipping Camden to pick up something for my wife. Reminded myself of how much I enjoy Fish Hill. Possibly over-egged it a bit but was still good fun. Then probably got caught my camera van on bridge over M5 near Tewkesbury. Annoying as hell especially as I was being a bit too enthusiastic again. A nervous couple of weeks awaits me.😳

• Like 1
  • Sad 3