Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

9 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Special forces aviation Wing training at Shobdon yesterday only a stones throw from Stirling lines barracks. Certainly doesn't look like a military helicopter. Great Americano and bakewell slice at the cafe too! 

1040056.jpg

For a split second I thought that was Airwolf, and my inner 6 year old gasped :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Well I'm relying on @fastbob here Im sure he will know what this is my money is on the fact he's built a scale model of one at some point

1030855.jpg

Avro Anson.

Fun fact - I have the propellor from the first aircraft to fly from Liverpool to Manchester, flown by Henry Melly. Upon arriving at Manchester a friend of his heard him approach and went into a field with a sheet to indicate where he could land. The friend with the sheet was a certain Mr A V Roe

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Avro Anson.

Fun fact - I have the propellor from the first aircraft to fly from Liverpool to Manchester, flown by Henry Melly. Upon arriving at Manchester a friend of his heard him approach and went into a field with a sheet to indicate where he could land. The friend with the sheet was a certain Mr A V Roe

That's a great story and a great showpiece item too?! 

Good morning!

Managed two ride outs this week with the gf's old man. His bike is riding a lot better, and he's starting to get quicker. 

Has a weird stutter in third gear at 4-5000rpm, so another problem already on the horizon to sort. Hopefully a dose of fuel cleaner will even it out. 

Cancer is back. Phone call at work today, the antigens they scan for in my blood are at an elevated 6, where they usually expect them to be between 2 and 4. 

Nothing showing on the last CT scan, so now waiting for appointment for a PET scan. (I ain't got no pets😛

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9

2 hours ago, billy sugger said:

Cancer is back. Phone call at work today, the antigens they scan for in my blood are at an elevated 6, where they usually expect them to be between 2 and 4. 

Nothing showing on the last CT scan, so now waiting for appointment for a PET scan. (I ain't got no pets😛

Sorry to hear that mate. At least with the big C they are normally all over it and looks like they are pretty swift to let you know. Keep ur chin up

• Like 1

It was our school fair today and I've been on the BBQ all afternoon. One of the dads brought a multipack of Monster energy drink which was brilliant with the heat of the BBQ and the non stop demand for food. 

I am now discovering the other side of the caffeine hill. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It was our school fair today and I've been on the BBQ all afternoon. One of the dads brought a multipack of Monster energy drink which was brilliant with the heat of the BBQ and the non stop demand for food. 

I am now discovering the other side of the caffeine hill. 

Those drinks have an unfortunate delayed effect on my guts & everyone gets to find out 💨💨💨💩💩

• Haha 3