Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Sold our old conservatory. Handsome sum of 99p on ebay. Hardly the early retirement I was hoping for but saves some time taking it down, saves skip room and it will get used instead of going to landfill.

A good day today - a brilliant ride round N Wales on the Bobber, and then got home to find two of my bait hives have attracted swarms of bees. They are still checking out the poly nuc on top of the shed but the wooden nuc seems to have bees settled into it.

• Like 4

Just came back from a drive out and a walk still not up for a bike ride at present. Walked along Jack Mytton way a long walk in Shropshire. I googled the name and Jack Mytton sounded like a right rebel in his day do much so I'm sure you could do a very entertaining film about him see below 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mytton

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bonio said:

Ooo. Save some of that almond thingy for me would you?

It was ever so nice. Currently at an Aldi in Brixen which is like no Aldi I’ve ever seen in my life. 2 floors with the flat escalator down and up. Leaving Paul to do the shopping (there’s just so much pizza I can take. Though today I slummed it with venison.  Nice day. Popped into Austria to ride the staller pass and Pustertaler. Moving to Zell on Sunday to try for the Glockner.

1858022B-4807-4B35-8A5C-AB715BC772A2.jpeg

3903028F-4C5F-4974-95BF-A13DC174B252.jpeg

76158929-9691-4AB5-A6AD-63D16FB34734.jpeg

9E19A47E-8514-4B6E-A73A-FEA605E07002.jpeg

7DC4A558-5CC6-43B9-A973-227DFC742835.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mickly said:

2 funerals to attend today - 😕

Neither bike related

One was to be expected.

The other was absolutely not .. guy I knew hung him self in the back garden using the washing line & kids swing … 56 years old & hard as nails.… I have no words 😧

Edited by Mickly
  • Sad 6

27 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Neither bike related

One was to be expected.

The other was absolutely not .. guy I knew hung him self in the back garden using the washing line & kids swing … 56 years old & hard as nails.… I have no words 😧

It's very hard to get your head round anyone close passing away. In circumstances like that in incomprehensible even the strongest people find no way out at times

I hope his family get to find out the reasons why he did what he did, for some the not knowing is hard to come to terms with

1 minute ago, MikeHorton said:

It's very hard to get your head round anyone close passing away. In circumstances like that in incomprehensible even the strongest people find no way out at times

I hope his family get to find out the reasons why he did what he did, for some the not knowing is hard to come to terms with

I’ve spoken to his widow several times since it happened, apparently his struggles were known within the family but he refused to get help & insisted he could sort it.

I’d spoken to him a few times in the lead up and had no inkling of what was going on inside his head, he seemed full of optimism for the future ( holidays etc ), if he had told me I wouldn’t have had a clue what to say in response that might have made a difference, people are encouraged to talk about their mental health but what could you say in response that his family hadn’t already said?

37 minutes ago, Mickly said:

I’ve spoken to his widow several times since it happened, apparently his struggles were known within the family but he refused to get help & insisted he could sort it.

I’d spoken to him a few times in the lead up and had no inkling of what was going on inside his head, he seemed full of optimism for the future ( holidays etc ), if he had told me I wouldn’t have had a clue what to say in response that might have made a difference, people are encouraged to talk about their mental health but what could you say in response that his family hadn’t already said?

It a lot some people just do it, others try and don't go through with it, others think about it. Its a bit like any problem unless the person who has the problem takes the first steps to get help there's not much anyone can do. It's just as easy to say the wrong thing as it is the right one to someone in that situation. Nobody can understand what someone else is going through or thinking you can only ever try to help and try is the frustrating bit. 

What on earth. All set to go today. Looked at the webcam an 100s of fire engines. More than I’ve ever seen in my life!! Quick search online and… what?

82CDC4B5-4818-4F5A-B296-D343F761BF13.thumb.png.264075df00a08bd8e7dacfac527a9209.png

EDD15F28-C0A7-4A4B-8D9D-4C08DABFABCB.thumb.png.526c205697d3411da7b83fdff4310889.png

what are they doing? Setting fire to the restaurant and seeing who can put it out first before the curtains get singed?

this is too bizarre.

we have to go… just to admire the madness.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3