Don't steal a Romainian's motorbike

Bender

Ask any Romanian seaman his opinion of Romanian gypsies of which there are a few here and sadly their opinions are unprintable. There's a degree of hate there which i find difficult to understand.  Unfortunately some gypsies don't help their case by stretching the limits of the law wherever they may be

2 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Ask any Romanian seaman his opinion of Romanian gypsies of which there are a few here and sadly their opinions are unprintable. There's a degree of hate there which i find difficult to understand.  Unfortunately some gypsies don't help their case by stretching the limits of the law wherever they may be

It's the same here with the Spanish people and the Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Part of it i think is because gypsies whether genuine Romany or pikies/travellers are always on the fringes of society and are always therefore the "other" and looked on with distrust. 

I suspect that's right but sometimes mistrust, like trust, is earned.

We had a model aircraft field where travellers arrived. We only used a small area as the runway so we said they were welcome to stay so long as they didn't make mess or go near the runway.

The next day they'd deliberately driven across the runway in 4x4s tearing it to pieces, wrecking a piece of land we'd looked after for decades. Then piles of tarmac and other waste was dumped, fences torn down, our hut destroyed.

One of members ran a quarry so he arrived with a bulldozer and started to pile up an earth bank across the access road. They were gone within 30 minutes.

We tried to live and let live, but they threw it back in our faces. I try not to jump to conclusions but it's pretty frustrating when something created by volunteers over many years is destroyed overnight.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

We had a model aircraft field where travellers arrived. We only used a small area as the runway so we said they were welcome to stay so long as they didn't make mess or go near the runway.

The next day they'd deliberately driven across the runway in 4x4s tearing it to pieces, wrecking a piece of land we'd looked after for decades. Then piles of tarmac and other waste was dumped, fences torn down, our hut destroyed.

One of members ran a quarry so he arrived with a bulldozer and started to pile up an earth bank across the access road. They were gone within 30 minutes.

We tried to live and let live, but they threw it back in our faces. I try not to jump to conclusions but it's pretty frustrating when something created by volunteers over many years is destroyed overnight.

no you cant appeal a sense of fair play with those sort of people 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

My brother in law had exactly the same on a field on his wife's farm. He blocked them in with a jcb and wouldn't let them leave until they paid cash for damages. Never been bothered since.

• Like 1

@Mississippi Bullfrog sadly that has been my experience too.

Local farmer let them stay on his field, they trashed it, leaving rubbish, excrement, broken glass etc 

Also harvested the stone walling around the field.

Neither the police nor council ever seem to have the power to do anything about them either. 

When I worked at a petrol station a large group of them came into the shop (not on my shift thankfully) and completely emptied the entire sandwich and pasties fridge. Just picked it all up in their arms and walked out towards their camp approx 500 metres away.

Police were called and CCTV was shown. We were told there was no point attempting to prosecute as it would be a waste of time as they'd just pack up and move on before it ever got close to court.

It's the contempt they have for other people's property which really grates. I know its often hyped by Daily Fail etc but the fact is they do set up camp on school playing fields, village cricket greens etc and trash them.

• Like 1

It's a funny one as no one knows how they will react until they are in that position.

Earlier this year I had 8 youths try and rip of my garage door in the middle of the night to get my bikes. My neighbor set of his house alarm and they scarpered. The door had to be replaced (it look like the lid of a tin of pilchards after you open them) I replaced it with a new roller shutter door- 3 days after fitting that they wrecked that trying to get to the bikes (some of them ram the door with their bodies, it flexes the bottom and the others rip the slats out) I then had to replace that door (i'm now £1,200 out of pocket)- I now have a baseball bat by my front door and if they try again one of them will be getting it wrapped around their head.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but I have no other option as I cannot afford to keep replacing garage doors at £600 a time, every other month. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sm0129 said:

It's a funny one as no one knows how they will react until they are in that position.

Earlier this year I had 8 youths try and rip of my garage door in the middle of the night to get my bikes. My neighbor set of his house alarm and they scarpered. The door had to be replaced (it look like the lid of a tin of pilchards after you open them) I replaced it with a new roller shutter door- 3 days after fitting that they wrecked that trying to get to the bikes (some of them ram the door with their bodies, it flexes the bottom and the others rip the slats out) I then had to replace that door (i'm now £1,200 out of pocket)- I now have a baseball bat by my front door and if they try again one of them will be getting it wrapped around their head.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but I have no other option as I cannot afford to keep replacing garage doors at £600 a time, every other month. 

Is it one of those aluminium roller doors? 

Honestly if someone try to rob me I will do the same. Doesn’t matter motorcycle, car or house, but if I can I will be the judge, the jury and executor,

try to rob someone in Texas, or in any Balkan countries, where Love for guns and rifles is endless.

• Like 2

There's really no excuse for this sort of behaviour, because the solution is simple enough:

"Yes Operator, there are two of them. It's not the fact that they're currently stealing my bike that concerns me, it's the fact that neither of them are wearing face masks and I don't know if they're in the same support bubble. And you should hear the dreadful things they are saying about non-binary people using ladies toilets..."

(Distant sound of several rapidly approaching sirens)

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, sm0129 said:

Yes- when you see them in bits on your drive, they are quite flimsy

They are shite! I was looking at one myself and was warned off them by an installer when I told him what was in the garage! 

I opted for a steel one at a very good price 

2 hours ago, Marino said:

Honestly if someone try to rob me I will do the same. Doesn’t matter motorcycle, car or house, but if I can I will be the judge, the jury and executor,

try to rob someone in Texas, or in any Balkan countries, where Love for guns and rifles is endless.

To be fair I don't think it's unique to Texas, any state with a Stand Your Ground or Make My Day law would give you a free pass.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sm0129 said:

I am fairly local to you and work in the building game and if I can be of any help I would happily give you some time and assistance.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

I am torn on this one !

Imagine the headlines if someone was innocently turning left off a roundabout as he took it the wrong way round.

Granted the scum who nicked the bike deserve no sympathy whatsoever but I cant help feeling in one respect the victim of the theft has actually got away quite lightly by not killing someone completely unconnected.

Cheers

Ian

Don't be torn on this one, you don't HAVE to kill anyone if you're going the wrong way.

These were just thug gypsies, fook all to do with Romanians. I work with a few Romanians scattered across the world and they're fooking good as gold!!!!

What we need here is a bit of "Texas like" approach. That'll scare the shit out of kiddie scumbags!

Of 190 ranked countries in the world the UK is 20th for sending people to prison, just a smidge under Costa Rica.

We like sending people to prison, we do it a lot and are world renowned for it. We’re also known for the inhuman living conditions inside our prisons, recently a judge in the Netherlands refused to extradite a drug smuggler to the UK because our prisons are “inhumane and degrading” so don’t worry on the world stage we’re doing pretty well on the knee jerk retribution front.

There you go, just a little something to get all you hang ‘em and flog ‘em brigade foaming at the mouth. Your welcome 😂🤣😂🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jerry1111 said:

Don't be torn on this one, you don't HAVE to kill anyone if you're going the wrong way.

These were just thug gypsies, fook all to do with Romanians. I work with a few Romanians scattered across the world and they're fooking good as gold!!!!

What we need here is a bit of "Texas like" approach. That'll scare the shit out of kiddie scumbags!

The thieves weren't gypsies, they were local twats home grown ones.

58 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Of 190 ranked countries in the world the UK is 20th for sending people to prison, just a smidge under Costa Rica.

We like sending people to prison, we do it a lot and are world renowned for it. We’re also known for the inhuman living conditions inside our prisons, recently a judge in the Netherlands refused to extradite a drug smuggler to the UK because our prisons are “inhumane and degrading” so don’t worry on the world stage we’re doing pretty well on the knee jerk retribution front.

There you go, just a little something to get all you hang ‘em and flog ‘em brigade foaming at the mouth. Your welcome 😂🤣😂🤣

Please don't use facts and logic here Caroline - string em up! 

Obviously being killed isn't a fair punishment for theft but do I have an ounce of sympathy for the thieves? No. Would I chase them myself? Probably. Would I regret my decision after a week into my 10 year sentence? Christ yes. 

• Like 2

I'm no fan of hanging and flogging but can any of the more Liberal among us tell me how to deal with hardened criminals and the wreckage they leave behind? I'm thinking particularly of that young policeman who was dragged to his death by a trio of homegrown hardened thugs. What should their punishment be? Or if you don't  punish how would you stop them re-offending time and again. Am I being provocative? Slightly but asking a genuine question too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I'm no fan of hanging and flogging but can any of the more Liberal among us tell me how to deal with hardened criminals and the wreckage they leave behind? I'm thinking particularly of that young policeman who was dragged to his death by a trio of homegrown hardened thugs. What should their punishment be? Or if you don't  punish how would you stop them re-offending time and again. Am I being provocative? Slightly but asking a genuine question too.

While in NZ I spent 2 years in Waikeria prison with murderers, rapists, paedophiles, drug dealers, etc. .. I was a screw. 

They all deserved to be there and very few of them could be reformed.

"Some" of the others in there for more minor offences could be reformed if they were taught a skill to help them get work when they were released. There were plenty in there that couldn't even read!

I also worked a couple of years as a Community Work Supervisor and that doesn't work either unless you give them worthwhile work or teach them a skill! ..  Just making them pick up litter is pointless.

• Like 1