What did you acquire today?

Bender

So what did you acquire, can be tools or anything useful, to the women folk if you've just ditched your other half, the replacement be it him/her even if they are a tool they don't qualify 😁 

Skip finds or anything recoverd definitely counts.

Screenshot_20210508-214635.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Soft mats to add to my mini gym/dojo. Time to get fit again (though unlikely to get as fit as I have been).

A496A807-C2F0-4FFA-91F3-E8AD74BDB728.jpeg

I think (in my own world)  I'm reasonably fit, I'm pretty active work wise, can stil lift a 40kg boiler onto its jig, but age is certainly catching up and the aches seem to last longer 😔 

4 minutes ago, Bender said:

I think (in my own world)  I'm reasonably fit, I'm pretty active work wise, can stil lift a 40kg boiler onto its jig, but age is certainly catching up and the aches seem to last longer 😔 

I think I’m doing ok relative to many guys my age. I was carrying 8’ x 4” x 8” sleepers around yesterday without too much hassle.

I struggle with aerobic exercise due to asthma which is one reason I’ve set this up - to improve my lung capability. Also, I’d like to be able to do judo practice with my son for a little while longer. He’ll be over in a couple of weeks - I can see a tough session of uchi komi ahead of me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bender said:

i had a couple of bosses who used to ride moto x at weekends and when they were younger they had stopped aching by the tuesday but as they got older they were aching all week and then it was nearly time to go racing again so they binned it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

I think I’m doing ok relative to many guys my age. I was carrying 8’ x 4” x 8” sleepers around yesterday without too much hassle.

I struggle with aerobic exercise due to asthma which is one reason I’ve set this up - to improve my lung capability. Also, I’d like to be able to do judo practice with my son for a little while longer. He’ll be over in a couple of weeks - I can see a tough session of uchi komi ahead of me. 

I'm too competitive I would have to beat him into submission 😁 

I had a game of football few yrs back me against the daughter 2 sons and granddaughter who was 4 at the time, although the odds were heavily stacked against me I won,it involved a serious foul on granddaughter but hey a win is a win.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bender said:

I'm too competitive I would have to beat him into submission 😁 

I had a game of football few yrs back me against the daughter 2 sons and granddaughter who was 4 at the time, although the odds were heavily stacked against me I won,it involved a serious foul on granddaughter but hey a win is a win.

My son and I are both very competitive when it comes to judo. I have competed at a higher level, and I’m a higher grade. Unfortunately for me he’s young, fit, strong and fast. And I’ve taught him most of my sneaky moves. So I’ll stick to doing uchi komi. Which will still be punishing enough. 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bender said:

Could just get a waterproof phone 😁 

I know, where would the fun be in that.

I have a IP68 phone :P

and exactly, what's the fun in buying when you can spend days making one? 😋

My handlebar doesn't have enough space for an holder.

Will have to make something that will fit to the screen rods.

• Like 1

Evolution circular saw ...... Ready to start the next household pain in the arse (I mean project!).  Putting a raised decking area around the side of our house.

ae235.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manxie49 said:

Evolution circular saw ...... Ready to start the next household pain in the arse (I mean project!).  Putting a raised decking area around the side of our house.

ae235.jpg

Until you have watched people slip on wet decking you haven`t lived lol.

Not for me but have fun.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Not for me but have fun.

Cheers

Ian

It dosen't become really slippy till it builds up a nice layer of moss and gunge 😁 

2 minutes ago, Bender said:

It dosen't become really slippy till it builds up a nice layer of moss and gunge 😁 

Frost and drunken new years revellers are a great addition.

The ambulance guys last time were gutted they couldn`t stay for a drink lol.

I have since developed an aversion to decking. I was the only first aider there and slightly twatted, the casualty had a broken tib and possibly fib and was wingeing like a little girl and flipping about like a drunk mackerel but we got there in the end lol.

Cheers

Ian 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Not for me but have fun.

Cheers

Ian

I went on my arse on my mates decking a couple of years ago at a BBQ,  in my defence it wasn't well maintained and I did have a few beers inside me,  which was probably a good thing as I didn't feel any pain till the following morning....😁