New PM

Stu

10 hours ago, onesea said:

Well that ain’t going to happen no one is going to vote for short/ medium term hardship for long term gain.

Not when people would pay the interest on credit cards to have it all now…

Which is why we get the politicians we deserve. A self-serving society gets self-serving leaders. 

• Like 3

On 05/09/2022 at 21:34, Fish said:

Fingers crossed she brings a bit of Thatcher style back to politics.  Tell the various unions who are holding all these strikes to get back to work for starters.

But we all know none of this will happen, as the country went soft and spineless decades ago!

The globe is being screwed by a complete lunatic with Russian blood

Yes love to see Liz with flare of Mrs Thatcher.....stamp on the rail unions....my god...train drivers earn more the airline captains.....priced me out of train travel.

Please Liz give the UK a swift kick up the bum.....toughen up.....get rid of woke.....Britain for the British.

1 hour ago, nickjaxe said:

Yes love to see Liz with flare of Mrs Thatcher.....stamp on the rail unions....my god...train drivers earn more the airline captains.....priced me out of train travel.

Please Liz give the UK a swift kick up the bum.....toughen up.....get rid of woke.....Britain for the British.

Please enlighten us on your explanation of what ‘ the British’ means …. & here’s a clue … ‘British means British’ is not an acceptable answer … unless you want to be a nominee on the ‘Nob of the day’ thread.

I already assume that ‘Woke’ is a description of anyone who doesn’t share your ultra right wing views.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickly said:

Please enlighten us on your explanation of what ‘ the British’ means …. & here’s a clue … ‘British means British’ is not an acceptable answer … unless you want to be a nominee on the ‘Nob of the day’ thread.

I already assume that ‘Woke’ is a description of anyone who doesn’t share your ultra right wing views.

How about ultra left views 😁 

4 minutes ago, Bender said:

How about ultra left views 😁 

What about them? Your point is?

Certainly can’t be about me as I am only slightly left of centre … also a description of how I dress 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nickjaxe said:

I was very sad Borris was hounded out.....I do hope Liz is tough on the things most people I know want a tough line on.

Well her track record so far suggests she is as tough as a jelly. She doesn't seem to stick to her convictions for very long. The real question is who is pulling the strings? 

53 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Well her track record so far suggests she is as tough as a jelly. She doesn't seem to stick to her convictions for very long. The real question is who is pulling the strings? 

Some one in the 45p tax bracket 😂 

• Haha 4

Well Kwasi, or Kami-Kwasi as I will now call him for this latest budget has flown his colours loud and proud. 

Lets fix the country by relieving tax, and removing bonus caps from a group of people who sought to deregulate banking to enable them to effectively gamble money backed by things like our housing market, so that they could make money out of nothing, which then had to all be paid once it went wrong. And the worlds governments had to bail out banks, which were meant to be working for them... 

These tax cuts are worth 50k a year to someone making a million. Everyone else gets to deal with 10% inflation, stagnant pay rises, and the rise in cost for basics to go with it. 

Polls indicate labour are now on course for a landslide. And even life long tories, some in my family, are thinking "yeah, probably about right". And the rest of us thinking "Why did it have to get to this point?".

46 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Well Kwasi, or Kami-Kwasi as I will now call him for this latest budget has flown his colours loud and proud. 

Lets fix the country by relieving tax, and removing bonus caps from a group of people who sought to deregulate banking to enable them to effectively gamble money backed by things like our housing market, so that they could make money out of nothing, which then had to all be paid once it went wrong. And the worlds governments had to bail out banks, which were meant to be working for them... 

These tax cuts are worth 50k a year to someone making a million. Everyone else gets to deal with 10% inflation, stagnant pay rises, and the rise in cost for basics to go with it. 

Polls indicate labour are now on course for a landslide. And even life long tories, some in my family, are thinking "yeah, probably about right". And the rest of us thinking "Why did it have to get to this point?".

It got to this point because Labour were unelectable. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bender said:

I am starting to think British politics is missing Screaming Lord Sutch.

“In the mid 1980s, the deposit paid by candidates was raised from £150 to £500. This did little to deter Sutch, who increased the number of concerts he performed to pay for campaigns.”

“At the Bootle by-election in May 1990, he secured more votes than the candidate of the Continuing Social Democratic Party (SDP), led by former Foreign Secretary David Owen. Within days the SDP dissolved itself.”

“In 1993, when the British National Party gained its first local councillor, Derek Beackon, Sutch pointed out that the Official Monster Raving Loony Party already had six.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screaming_Lord_Sutch

Edited by onesea
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, nickjaxe said:

I was very sad Borris was hounded out.....I do hope Liz is tough on the things most people I know want a tough line on.

I wonder whatever that could be? Not immigration presumably as she wants them back to support 'growth':https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/24/liz-truss-plans-to-loosen-immigration-rules-to-boost-uk-economy

Fact is, she's already dead meat. With a cabinet full of chancers, prices going through the roof and a budget for the wealthy the trajectory is heading speedily downwards. Truss' complete lack of charisma, oratory skills, leadership or charm will see her hung, drawn and quartered by March.

My moneys on a General Election by the summer.

Edited by rob m
Spelling
  • Like 1

I saw a homeless guy begging on the street today & felt so sorry for him I pushed a bundle of £20 notes through the door of a hedge fund manager I know, it’ll surely trickle down to the homeless guy soon.

Happy that I’ve done my bit for the disadvantaged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob m said:

I wonder whatever that could be? Not immigration presumably as she wants them back to support 'growth':https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/24/liz-truss-plans-to-loosen-immigration-rules-to-boost-uk-economy

Fact is, she's already dead meat. With a cabinet full of chancers, prices going through the roof and a budget for the wealthy the trajectory is heading speedily downwards. Truss' complete lack of charisma, oratory skills, leadership or charm will see her hung, drawn and quartered by March.

My moneys on a General Election by the summer.

I was beginning to think the same. 

2 hours ago, Bender said:

Whilst I tend to agree with hindsight it would seem that even they would be hard pushed to wreck the economy as thoroughly as the current bunch of muppets. Rishi nicked all their best ideas, and to be fair probably did it better, which is why he didn't get the PM job. He wasn't promising unrealistic tax cuts because he knew we can't afford them. Something those who are bailing out of sterling understand all too well. 

12 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Whilst I tend to agree with hindsight it would seem that even they would be hard pushed to wreck the economy as thoroughly as the current bunch of muppets. Rishi nicked all their best ideas, and to be fair probably did it better, which is why he didn't get the PM job. He wasn't promising unrealistic tax cuts because he knew we can't afford them. Something those who are bailing out of sterling understand all too well. 

Currency traders do what they do and will make it any way they can.