New PM

Stu

Thought I'd get in early :lol:

burn the witch halloween GIF

to be honest the only politician I've ever felt like voting for was Obama and obviously I couldn't do that :lol:

I quite like Zelenskyy as well. Think it's just British  politicians I can't stand!!

• Haha 2

Fingers crossed she brings a bit of Thatcher style back to politics.  Tell the various unions who are holding all these strikes to get back to work for starters.

But we all know none of this will happen, as the country went soft and spineless decades ago!

The globe is being screwed by a complete lunatic with Russian blood

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fish said:

Fingers crossed she brings a bit of Thatcher style back to politics.  Tell the various unions who are holding all these strikes to get back to work for starters.

But we all know none of this will happen, as the country went soft and spineless decades ago!

The globe is being screwed by a complete lunatic with Russian blood

The last thing we need is a Thatcher clone! .. How about telling corporations to stop ripping off the public and pay workers a decent wage!

• Like 1

She is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb(?) in waiting.

the tories are ruthless and only care about winning.

when the next election is on the horizon she will be kicked out and someone else put in place.

only remains to be seen how much harm she will do in the meantime. My guess is. A lot.

• Like 1

Next election is already on the horizon. Country will get some new direction until politics get in the way 😂 

Putting Labour to shame on the equal opportunity front, when are they going to put a woman forward to take the top job, stammer nearly meets the criteria. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bender said:

Next election is already on the horizon. 

not really. 2024 is aeons away in politics. The question is will Bojo make it 5 out of 5.

or will it be someone else who stabs her in the back once she becomes more useful as someone to blame.

Edited by Gerontious

Not a great lover of any politicians personally, yet to see one who has done anything to make my life better .... However, I believe everyone deserves a chance, and TBF she's walking into one of the biggest shit storms this country has ever faced. So I'll hold off opinion till I see how she performs, and what she does to fix, what IMHO is a seriously broken country on so many levels.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gerontious said:

not really. 2024 is aeons away in politics. The question is will Bojo make it 5 out of 5.

or will it be someone else who stabs her in the back once she becomes more useful as someone to blame.

A week is a long time in politics  major decisions that are about to be made now are most definitely going to be made with the one eye on the election. 

That's the reason they dumped Boris now, to give time to recover from all the crap, had he limped on for another year it would have just dragged on and on. 

5 hours ago, Bender said:

A week is a long time in politics  major decisions that are about to be made now are most definitely going to be made with the one eye on the election. 

in normal times yes. These are not normal times and this is not a normal leader of the Tory party. I doubt she’s even thinking of this time next year, let alone 48 months from now.

They'll boot her out before then. She’s nothing more than a stop-gap. I wonder how long it will be before she realises.

The clever thing would be to remove any threat from Bojo. end his career as an MP.

She’s not clever.

1 hour ago, Gerontious said:

in normal times yes. These are not normal times and this is not a normal leader of the Tory party. I doubt she’s even thinking of this time next year, let alone 48 months from now.

They'll boot her out before then. She’s nothing more than a stop-gap. I wonder how long it will be before she realises.

The clever thing would be to remove any threat from Bojo. end his career as an MP.

She’s not clever.

People said the same about Major he survived a surprisingly long time.  

I think anyone shooting to lead the country has a big plan or is either brave / foolish.

The problem with a big plan is in todays world it would get watered down and no longer be a big plan.  Just the watered down nothing we have now that generally achieves nothin in fear offending someone.

2 minutes ago, onesea said:

People said the same about Major he survived a surprisingly long time.  

I think anyone shooting to lead the country has a big plan or is either brave / foolish.

The problem with a big plan is in todays world it would get watered down and no longer be a big plan.  Just the watered down nothing we have now that generally achieves nothin in fear offending someone.

Im not sure there is any comparison with John Major. Regardless of his faults he was an accomplished "serious" politician with actual convictions. who had big shoes to fill. none of this applies to Truss.

Foolish..  (with a surplus of hubris) - its quite telling that even before she is created PM the drip drip drip has begun. she is already weakened. Leading a party that didn't really want her, voted in by less than half of the membership. and that makes her an even easier target when the time Is right to get rid. How long before the pejorative "remainer" is reapplied?

The only people she has to worry about are Murdoch and the right wing press. once they turn against her. (matter of time) the whole house of cards will come crashing down. with a new 'saviour' waiting in the wings. with all the sh!t thrown squarely at her. and then we will have a 'new' Conservative party. and people will be persuaded that this is all her fault and "nothing to do with us guv."

John major ended up an unmitigated disaster, had the charisma of a wet blanket and presided over black Wednesday and he thought edwina currie was hot enough for a 4yr affair 😂 

Time will tell how it all goes but listening to the political pundits and advisors they are already on about the next election and saying she needs to be seen to be doing stuff that needs done and try to keep the electioneering out of it for the first year but needs to remember there are only 2yrs to turn things around. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bender said:

John major ended up an unmitigated disaster, had the charisma of a wet blanket and presided over black Wednesday and he thought edwina currie was hot enough for a 4yr affair 😂 

Time will tell how it all goes but listening to the political pundits and advisors they are already on about the next election and saying she needs to be seen to be doing stuff that needs done and try to keep the electioneering out of it for the first year but needs to remember there are only 2yrs to turn things around. 

John Major? I've suddenly been transported back to 1991! 🤣

Truss is as thick as shit. I'll be watching what she achieves, although my hopes aren't high. Not that I have any hopes, of course.

27 minutes ago, rob m said:

John Major? I've suddenly been transported back to 1991! 🤣

Truss is as thick as shit. I'll be watching what she achieves, although my hopes aren't high. Not that I have any hopes, of course.

As I know little about her I've done a bit of google

Truss worked for Shell, during which time she qualified as a Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA) in 1999. In 2000, Truss was employed by Cable & Wireless and rose to economic director before leaving in 2005.[19]