What did you do WITH your bike today.

Trooper74

Congratulations.

I had the 2019 Fatboy for a while and it does take a bit of getting used to.

To be fair mine had a stage2 tune and was a little lively lol.

Cheers 

Ian

12 hours ago, Interference Fit said:

I only took three to be fair, just to send to my Dad. 

I'll tax it on Thursday when we kick into February, then if the roads are dry at the weekend, take it for a little scoot about to get to know him.

I've got to keep in mind that I'm still very much a new, novice rider with only 800 miles experience under my belt on a 650cc, so this is a totally different world that I want to approach with caution.

I was pleasantly surprised with how nice it sounds though for a bone stock, Euro 5 exhaust - plenty loud enough for my middled-aged, mild-mannered, clerical gentleman status - "walk softly and carry a big stick".

Hi, 

yeah that is almost the complete opposite to the Honda, quite the beast. The weight is huge compared, ok when you are on the move but cumbersome getting it in and out the garage/shed. Sounds like you are taking it one step at a time though so good for you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Interference Fit said:

I only took three to be fair, just to send to my Dad. 

I'll tax it on Thursday when we kick into February, then if the roads are dry at the weekend, take it for a little scoot about to get to know him.

I've got to keep in mind that I'm still very much a new, novice rider with only 800 miles experience under my belt on a 650cc, so this is a totally different world that I want to approach with caution.

I was pleasantly surprised with how nice it sounds though for a bone stock, Euro 5 exhaust - plenty loud enough for my middled-aged, mild-mannered, clerical gentleman status - "walk softly and carry a big stick".

Bike looks certainly pleasing compared to some of their other offerings.

Im no cruiser buff but it sort of reminds me  Arns bike off the terminator...and someone will quip then your honda was the conners bike that got ran over...😅

Is that your dad or the bike you're referring to as HIM?🤭

yes your right its gonna be totally different, body position, weight, balance, brakes, engine dynamics and characteristics.

the hd is mostly engine sounds that they dont dampen out as much as say the Japanese do with their motors, cuz it gonna sound rough and gruff dude and the stars and stripes constitution says so✊🏽🏽.🤡

Faster is not quite the word id use but certainly more eager (rolling on the throttle and that torque lower down the rev range) compared to the honda its a relaxed road experience of as you put it a "gentlemans" HA bike.

• Like 1

God, it was cold this morning … another ride curtesy of Oxford heated grips …

80 miles, nice ride … they all are to be honest … motorcycling is very near to flying … in flying every landing you walk away from is a good one….. in motorcycling every ride you get home from is a good one …. 😃

IMG_0331.thumb.png.e5d39df81d39e98088a0c3a5c0f6e97c.png

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Bike looks certainly pleasing compared to some of their other offerings.

Im no cruiser buff but it sort of reminds me  Arns bike off the terminator...and someone will quip then your honda was the conners bike that got ran over...😅

Is that your dad or the bike you're referring to as HIM?🤭

yes your right its gonna be totally different, body position, weight, balance, brakes, engine dynamics and characteristics.

the hd is mostly engine sounds that they dont dampen out as much as say the Japanese do with their motors, cuz it gonna sound rough and gruff dude and the stars and stripes constitution says so✊🏽🏽.🤡

Faster is not quite the word id use but certainly more eager (rolling on the throttle and that torque lower down the rev range) compared to the honda its a relaxed road experience of as you put it a "gentlemans" HA bike.

Haha - yes HIM in this case is the bike, and I'm not one to give names to inanimate objects, but 'Hank' is different....

Speed is the one thing I'm not chasing, that's for sure - the CBR was more than fast enough for me, too fast at higher revs to be fair - just wanted to go and go. I'm looking for it's USP prowling about at much lower speeds and not having to think about where the next twisties are. I just want to sit back (upright) relax and cruise along feeling special with a smile on my face, enjoying the scenery whist the bucket list gets ticked. 

• Like 2

Weather in the South Yorkshire area is sunny tomorrow ….. Cold but sunny …. 
Let’s Ride …..

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 1

Last night's ride home was plagued with Gandalfs. Virtually every time I was filtering some wassock decided it was clever to try to block me. One spectacular moron even thought he was going to get away faster in his Vauxhall Mokka. 🤦‍♂️

Some journeys everyone seems sensible and helpful, yesterday I'd only gone 50 yards when some clot moved over to try to block me. I just knew the whole journey back was going to be irritating. I mean - what's the point of moving out to block a bike when the other side of the road is empty? Did they seriously think I was going to sit behind them when there was no oncoming traffic?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

It's a weird one this trying to block you when filtering. The other one that irks is folks on motorway resolutely refusing to move over even with 2 empty lanes. I'm afraid I just undertake. My bad.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

It's a weird one this trying to block you when filtering. The other one that irks is folks on motorway resolutely refusing to move over even with 2 empty lanes. I'm afraid I just undertake. My bad.

Same here. It's legal so long as you're reasonably sensible about it. 

• Like 3

Ok, so this was yesterday.

Went to Cinders for a chat & brekkie.

Not many other bikes there but the cafe was rammed.

Here’s a couple of bikes I liked:

89B31DB7-1FEB-493C-A181-93DB7FD5D2DD.thumb.jpeg.15eb99fa9b514ce6d0085d04f55aedfe.jpegE928C2CD-BBA0-4E38-B7AF-3292329ACD32.thumb.jpeg.7ca702760d3fd8707862ed8a0f77c13d.jpeg2DE094F1-B4B7-4DC0-B409-A47647FF8B60.thumb.jpeg.c7d8f7d1324795fd480d5d5084e2d33a.jpeg2898CA41-5012-4B13-8BB9-A1D398192FC2.thumb.jpeg.85f768407ae868704059f9215168f59e.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

It's a weird one this trying to block you when filtering.
The other one that irks is folks on motorway resolutely refusing to move over even with 2 empty lanes. I'm afraid I just undertake. My bad.

Yep its silly and can actually land the drive in trouble for that one.

If the two outer lanes are full and your flowing down the left its not illegal, If with caution (for nobs that dont look and indicate before changing lanes) Thats being sensible by lane filling or utilising, stark difference. 

• Like 1

Today I got home without needing to wear my waterproofs. No rain fell. No motorists played silly beggars. The roads had grip and even the local road that was meant to be closed all week was re-opened.

And sat on my desk was a Nemo oiler courtesy of the excellent @S-Westerly (Thank you!)

So a very good day bikewise.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Today I had a ride to J&S Accessories at Oakmere. Bought some bike cleaner, got home and couldn't be bothered to clean the bike 😄 

Whilst on the car park, I noticed 3 cars full of plod pull up and they all headed for the cafe, it must serve some decent coffee and cake in there 😂

The Keis gilet and gloves kept me nice and warm, temp was a barmy 7ºC

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Today I had a ride to J&S Accessories at Oakmere. Bought some bike cleaner, got home and couldn't be bothered to clean the bike 😄 

Whilst on the car park, I noticed 3 cars full of plod pull up and they all headed for the cafe, it must serve some decent coffee and cake in there 😂

The Keis gilet and gloves kept me nice and warm, temp was a barmy 7ºC

Fourways is a regular haunt for the local police. There's nearly always a couple of table occupied by His Majesty's finest. 

Today’s run out to Fridaythorpe … Seaways cafe. Had planned to continue to Bridlington but when I turned my phone on at the cafe I had a txt telling me I had a face to face GP appointment at 1320hrs …. News to me.

Really good hot chocolate at the cafe ….

Great ride, even with the 20mph cross wind for most of the ride.

I really have not got the Selfie thing !!
image1.thumb.jpeg.6e91dbe6a54e46789be8b3ff39cfcce4.jpeg

The Cafe.

image0.thumb.jpeg.973a3a78d4378107ded44af916661bfd.jpeg

Todays Route .. Good fun morning .. 140 miles …ish.

IMG_0339.thumb.jpeg.1f713fbfe1a38c8abfae45f6ca07ac83.jpeg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 6

Had my first ride on the Fat Boy today, which was also my first ever ride on a Harley. What a bike, I love it. 

I'd read so much negativity about how they feel and handle but I found it an absolute joy.

It's the bike equivalent of my old Corvette Stingray.

Awesome amount of torque, too - it's no slouch.

It makes me grin like a Cheshire cat and is so much more comfortable than the CBR, and most importantly, is just as enjoyable plodding through a 20 zone as it is on higher speed sweeping bends.

Brilliant piece of hardware.

20240204_150214-EDIT.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Interference Fit said:

Had my first ride on the Fat Boy today, which was also my first ever ride on a Harley. What a bike, I love it. 

I'd read so much negativity about how they feel and handle but I found it an absolute joy.

It's the bike equivalent of my old Corvette Stingray.

Awesome amount of torque, too - it's no slouch.

It makes me grin like a Cheshire cat and is so much more comfortable than the CBR, and most importantly, is just as enjoyable plodding through a 20 zone as it is on higher speed sweeping bends.

Brilliant piece of hardware.

20240204_150214-EDIT.jpg

So pleased to hear you are enjoying it ! Yes the torque can be a bit addictive lol.

Are you still running std exhausts and air filter?

Hope you have many happy miles but please remember to secure it as much as possible, they are desirable to scumbags.

Cheers

Ian

8 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

That's awesome to read, it does look seriously comfy. 

Because I'm no longer bent forwards with weight on my wrists, I'll have to ensure good posture so my back doesn't round, but yes, it's like sitting at a table at a restaurant on a really comfy chair with your hands resting either side of your cuttlety - just feels very natural.

I thought I might not like the floor boards, but they're fantastic too, as is the general feet forward position.

Honeymoon period of course, but great so far. 

Edited by Interference Fit
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

So pleased to hear you are enjoying it ! Yes the torque can be a bit addictive lol.

Are you still running std exhausts and air filter?

Hope you have many happy miles but please remember to secure it as much as possible, they are desirable to scumbags.

Cheers

Ian

It's absolutely bone stock and I don't feel the need (for me) to change anything.

I'm surprised at how loud the stock exhaust is. I was expecting it to be really quiet, but I'd not want it any louder. My wife heard me coming from the far end of the road.

At the first roundabout I was subconsciously braced to see what was required to get it to tip in and lean over, but it just went over with countersteering and was really responsive to small countersteer adjustments to find the right line. It must be my lack of experience on other bikes, but at no point did I feel I "really had to muscle it in" - just push the bar and it leans.

I also found neutral no problem, so no idea what all that fuss is about. Brakes are great too.

Separate indicator buttons was interesting. 

• Like 2