What did you do WITH your bike today.

Trooper74

That was a short ride ….

We’ve been ill for a fortnight … all 3 of us … not man flu, not Covid, not a cold,  not Flu,  not the plague… but definitely some combination….

I was determined to get some miles in today …. Warm sunny dry day ….

20 miles in my chest is cold and the coughing starts …. At 25 miles my stomach starts heaving ……

I got home just in time to remove the armour and get to the toilet …..

Just … !!!!!

Has anyone got a single bike trailer I can hire to get my 1999 Honda CBR 600 from work in Chesterfield back to Rotherham … happy to pay a decent day rate and collect from Sheffield, Doncaster, Derby areas ….. it will be on our company insurance…

Edited by Trooper74

I have a single bike trailer that I'm happy to lend but I'm in  New Mills in Derbyshire so I appreciate that might be prohibitively far for you.

Local towing places all seem to have disappeared ….4 years ago I could have called Sheffield Trailer’s, picked up a day hire and got the job done ….

not anymore ….

On 25/02/2024 at 18:37, Trooper74 said:

Local towing places all seem to have disappeared ….4 years ago I could have called Sheffield Trailer’s, picked up a day hire and got the job done ….

not anymore ….

I have a trailer. In maltby. 

Not with my bike, but with my heated jacket - for the 2nd time since i purchased it in Dec 2022, the sleeve connector has failed.

That means, since purchasing the jacket and gloves from Gerbing, i've had the right glove fail once and the jacket sleeve connector twice. On both previous occasions, the repair has been carried out under warranty. This time i had to repair it myself, which took about 10 minutes to cut and wire a new connector. The issue appears to be that there is no slack on the cables, so the connectors are always under tension when trying to connect the glove to the sleeve. So with that in mind, i've given myself some more slack in the cable which should give it a bit more longevity next winter.

Edited by Joe85

Rode home through a deluge. Soggy but fun. The DRZ is so sure-footed in its new boots; makes it a real pleasure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

I’m in wickersley …. 👍

[email protected] 

or message on here please ..

There are some issues. I'll email you. What happened to the bike and why is work paying for it though? What did I miss? Run over by a fork lift?

8 hours ago, Joe85 said:

Not with my bike, but with my heated jacket - for the 2nd time since i purchased it in Dec 2022, the sleeve connector has failed.

That means, since purchasing the jacket and gloves from Gerbing, i've had the right glove fail once and the jacket sleeve connector twice. On both previous occasions, the repair has been carried out under warranty. This time i had to repair it myself, which took about 10 minutes to cut and wire a new connector. The issue appears to be that there is no slack on the cables, so the connectors are always under tension when trying to connect the glove to the sleeve. So with that in mind, i've given myself some more slack in the cable which should give it a bit more longevity next winter.

yep i personally think kelis are a bit more durable myself...

I've started commuting again on the KTM, 50 mile round trip, been riding in 2c and the Keis heated gloves have been put to the test, pleased to report, warm and toasty. I need to get my act together, too much faffing around before and after the ride.  😂

59 minutes ago, smallfrowne said:

There are some issues. I'll email you. What happened to the bike and why is work paying for it though? What did I miss? Run over by a fork lift?

My business ….

• Haha 1

Look suitably blinding! Hopefully they'll work on the road. OEM on the Ducati were like candles in a jam jar, pretty hopeless. Guzzi has LEDs as standard and are vastly superior although I've noticed a considerable increase in oncoming vehicles flashing me. I don't think it's because of my general aura of awesomeness but probably because my lights are a bit more dazzling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've found just switching to Halfords 150% brighter makes a huge difference. 

I chuckle to myself that I have the same light output frome my bike, that I do from my pickup truck. (2x H4). 

• Like 1

Went out with some of WestMids TRF for a 5 hour run, tipped off 6 times, beached on logs 3 times - Mud & ruts were killers, Zippy really isn’t made for this, but if I didn’t have an unsuitable bike, the only excuse would be a lack of skill … which is the truth.

At home with beer & a roast on the way.

02C41995-4BDB-43FE-8359-E9FDF28A47EF.thumb.jpeg.c6c19ccad7ac8b1c1653730612b2d83a.jpeg
The ground clearance is not good, need to look at suspension settings… I’m not as  fat as the photo shows … I’ve got body armour on 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mickly said:

Went out with some of WestMids TRF for a 5 hour run, tipped off 6 times, beached on logs 3 times - Mud & ruts were killers, Zippy really isn’t made for this, but if I didn’t have an unsuitable bike, the only excuse would be a lack of skill … which is the truth.

At home with beer & a roast on the way.

02C41995-4BDB-43FE-8359-E9FDF28A47EF.thumb.jpeg.c6c19ccad7ac8b1c1653730612b2d83a.jpeg
The ground clearance is not good, need to look at suspension settings… I’m not as  fat as the photo shows … I’ve got body armour on 😁

Sounds like a great way to spend a day!!

• Like 1