What you doing this weekend?

rennie

I don't know what to do this weekend, as far as I know I am not working.

i could go for a weekend long ride out, or try and get some fishing in or both or none decisions, decisions, decisions :lol:

• Like 2

On 05/02/2022 at 18:50, Bender said:

What steel did you use, spring steels Popular I believe 

Leaf spring suspension steel is indeed popular. We opted for Sheffield carbon steel - forget which one - originally a little narrower than the final product. Needs to be oiled after washing but that's cool. 

It's a bit big for daily use to be fair! I'll go make another smaller one soon - either Damascus or stainless for daily. 

Edited by geofferz
  • Like 1

Was supposed to be joining ship on 13th but she is delayed until 19th at earliest so instead I am going north again this weekend as my brother who I have not seen for 5 years is over. I'll meet up with him and have a few drinks then come home on Sunday.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Was going to go out for most of the day Sunday, but after swinging a heavy duty breaker around for 5 hours today I don't think I will bother, I will go and get some more oil though from Halfords as it is on offer, 5 litres of Halfords own brand part synthetic 10w40 £23.99, then I might have an afternoon ride :thumb:

• Like 1

On 22/01/2022 at 12:04, Bender said:

I would be changing it for a condensing, going from such an old thing you might even get a grant 😁 

If you give me a model no for external I can enquire re price. 

we have an old valiant boiler, we been in our house 21 years and it was in here when we moved in, was in kitchen but moved it into loft , it works , has gone wrong a couple of times , you reckon we could get a grant for a new one ?

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

we have an old valiant boiler, we been in our house 21 years and it was in here when we moved in, was in kitchen but moved it into loft , it works , has gone wrong a couple of times , you reckon we could get a grant for a new one ?

It's certainly not condensing so should be doable if there are any going, loft needs proper ladder, light boarding etc

22 minutes ago, Bender said:

It's certainly not condensing so should be doable if there are any going, loft needs proper ladder, light boarding etc

yeh yeh got all that , can i get a grant , just want to do my bit for the envaronment..

and get something for nothing

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Fish said:

If you don't mind, where did you do this? I need a birthday present worth looking forward to later in the year.

Have a look at Owen Bush. Top knifemaker, regularly runs courses.

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

yeh yeh got all that , can i get a grant , just want to do my bit for the envaronment..

and get something for nothing

I have no idea on your area, or national schemes I only deal with people who can pay 😁 

There is this thing called google

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bender said:

I have no idea on your area, or national schemes I only deal with people who can pay 😁 

There is this thing called google

Twat

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Fish said:

If you don't mind, where did you do this? I need a birthday present worth looking forward to later in the year.

Honiton mate, with this guy - 3 and a bit hours from you I'd say? https://www.longdogsmithy.com/about

£180 a day for 2 people, you can make whatever you like within reason and take it home. I would suggest a stainless knife as opposed to the carbon one I made (easier to maintain), and a smaller one too if you want to use it regularly, but up to you. 

Much cheaper than the forges down our way which charge £200 for 1 person, but travel, hotel etc (I suggest staying at least one night, starts at 9am and it's a super tiring day). 

• Like 1

A day out at the national memorial arboretum. Weather was perfect not a cloud in the sky. Wife was happy got to see the impressive Polish and Maltese memorials her paternal grandfather was a Polish pow and her mum is Maltese, as grandpa Caruana was RN. Took a look at the merchant navy, Arctic convoy and 8th army memorials more specific to my side of the family. No Worcestershire regiment memorial but a tree memorial to them. Well worth the trip out. 

IMG-20220227-WA0014.jpg

• Like 5