What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Currently planning a ride out to the Lakes this Sunday. Thinking about going to Bowness Pier, then from there travelling clockwise around Lake Windermere, grab some dinner then catch the ferry back across in time for afternoon tea before setting off for home again. I am expecting the whole journey to be about 12 hours with stops, will probably be leaving home about 6.30-7.00 am :thumb:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rennie said:

We're going out for a meal with friends tonight :thumb: :cheers:

I'm considering getting the bike out for an hour or so this morning 🏍️

Do it weather is too good not to. I took mine out yesterday. Garden centre shopping today maybe ill venture out later

• Like 1

Enrolled for IAM

Sat afternoon will have the first meeting for Blood Bikers Scotland.

working on the saddlebags

Sun meeting with BACA :thumb: 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, dynax said:

Hopefully sending myself to Coventry :lol:

What on earth would make you want to come to this Shithole?

• Haha 2

Tonight marks the start of my working week. fri, sat, sun, mon. finish 8am Tuesday morning. Im ready for it, stayed up late (for me) last night and was up very early, then back to bed for 4hrs. just chilling out now. After this weekend, just 7 more shifts to do. 3 next weekend and 4 the weekend after, then off until 1st of July!! whoopee.

In other news, my new credit card arrived today. I've got a Halifax Clarity. (as recommended by money saving expert) which I'll use sparingly each month.. but Ive got it mostly for touring. So, it's for buying fuel when on tour. My usual card adds a fee every time I use it abroad. Not much, but it just adds to the already high cost of fuel, unnecessarily. No fees and no interest if paid off in full, which I usually do anyway.

So, as per usual for me, a weekend of working and sleeping.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

In other news, my new credit card arrived today. I've got a Halifax Clarity. (as recommended by money saving expert) which I'll use sparingly each month.. but Ive got it mostly for touring. So, it's for buying fuel when on tour. My usual card adds a fee every time I use it abroad. Not much, but it just adds to the already high cost of fuel, unnecessarily. No fees and no interest if paid off in full, which I usually do anyway.

+1 on the Halifax Clarity.

I too use mine for all card purchases when abroad, fuel, meals etc etc, due to the lack of fees, plus they give a decent exchange rate so don't try to recoup the lack of fees in a sneaky manner.

And likewise I just pay it off as soon as I get home 👍

Edited by Yorky

Wishing I was going no where!

Its that time of year multiple Sportives, Marathons, Duke of Edinburgh Kids, Twitchers and your regular tourists.

All feel they have the right to take over…

https://www.beyondevents.org.uk/e/beyond-nf-100-2022-saturday-2686?

1500 cyclists over the weekend…

FA1813E1-7200-4204-9FA2-302020A3E9EA.thumb.jpeg.a01138f4e9f9d25d825b0831a83ade34.jpeg

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/d/edit?mid=1wcJFpmoIxu1vYT6eqaceiR3xt40VxVb_&usp=sharing