What you doing this weekend?

rennie

46 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I'm in Liverpool taking my father to a hospital appointment, just watching a RN warship sailing out of the estuary. Wonder where it's going?

One of the Type 45's was having maintenance done in Cammell Lairds but I don't think she was due out so soon.

We’re in our 60’s 

We have 4 children living with us.

This weekend !!

The eldest is on an engineering trip to Hinkley.

The girls, 12 and 10, have a 2 day visit to their mother.

The youngest, 4, is on a family visit to his aunt. 

HUZZAH !!!!!!!

not a clue what we’re going to do ... I suspect we’ll work something out  😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Up to Burscough to work in a garage, followed by working in my own garage, followed by a walk with the girlfriend if weather allows. Probably a takeaway and a quiet night in as we are both trying to save at the moment.

Last free weekend for a while, I'm booked up for a few weeks after this. Most of it obligatory family visits, and fixing peoples stuff. 

• Like 1

@Fish  Whereabouts in Canada are you off to?  I'm going at the end of May,  Toronto for a few days then travelling to Winnipeg to stay with my Brother.

3rd time lucky I hope.  was originally meant to go in 2020 and then it was cancelled again last year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

My weekend is mainly working at work or working at our sailing club. The one good bit was going to be a meal out with our daughter and her husband. 

She's just rung to say she's got Covid. 😥

It's really doing the rounds again. I've avoided it until now. Hopefully she won't get it too bad it's just the aches that are the worst for me and the wife. Wishing her a speedy recovery 

17 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

It's really doing the rounds again. I've avoided it until now. Hopefully she won't get it too bad it's just the aches that are the worst for me and the wife. Wishing her a speedy recovery 

Thanks. It's a bit worrying because she's pregnant. She lost a baby last year and this hasn't been easy for her.

• Sad 2

Fingers crossed stay positive many of us have just had mild symptoms. Just make sure she stays active and moving about. We did some gardening and bits round the house at a slow pace. All will be well

14 hours ago, Tiggie said:

@Fish  Whereabouts in Canada are you off to?  I'm going at the end of May,  Toronto for a few days then travelling to Winnipeg to stay with my Brother.

3rd time lucky I hope.  was originally meant to go in 2020 and then it was cancelled again last year.

I'm off to Sun Peaks, so Kamloops region. I'm a bit bored with Banff/Sunshine even given the three year gap, so thought I'd try somewhere new

• Like 1

Have you tried Whistler? Good but expensive. Big White and Silver Stsr aren't bad either although smaller than Whistler. I've done Banff/  Lake Louise and Goat Mountain but never Sun Peaks. Supposed to be not bad.

Wife really wanted to travel to banff while we were over there but I didn't fancy messing about with yet more travel. We are only going for 12 nights and didn't want to spend it all in airports!! 

Was gonna go to Santa Pod for RWYB but have ended up decorating the front room instead …. The best laid plans of mice and men …

5 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Have you tried Whistler? Good but expensive. Big White and Silver Stsr aren't bad either although smaller than Whistler. I've done Banff/  Lake Louise and Goat Mountain but never Sun Peaks. Supposed to be not bad.

Not been to whistler yet, as you say it's bloody expensive. I was heading to Big White/Silver Star two years ago when covid kicked off. I would have been out there a week before the resort locked down. The holiday company I used was fantastic and refunded what the insurance didn't cover, so I'm being a loyal customer and rebooked now things have opened up again. If anyone is wanting to head to Canada I really cannot recommend Frontier Travel enough. Small family company who really are great at what they do.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

Chopping bits of trees, looking after children, taking the locks off the internal doors. Now on the rum. :-)

I've gone dry for a bit I could murder a nice rum or scotch, becks blue isn't the same as a proper drink 🙄

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

I've gone dry for a bit I could murder a nice rum or scotch, becks blue isn't the same as a proper drink 🙄

Sounds like you could use a Babycham. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

My drinking is currently limited to coffee (good) or tea (crap). With the prospect of nuclear armageddon I could do with something with a bit more bite.

I always always have a cup of tea before going to bed, what I have before that varies 😁