What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Tomorrow I have sole charge of our 9 month old granddaughter. It's the first time in over 30 years I've had a toddler to look after for a while day.

We're going to have a laugh. But I know I will be exhausted at the end of it, she is never still.

• Like 4

Sorting the mx5 hopefully. Gear change has been crap so going to put turret oil, new bushing, new gaiters and a new reverse lockout plate in the hope that sorts it. Also hoping to get to the carbs on the tdm and sort that. 

5 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Tomorrow I have sole charge of our 9 month old granddaughter. It's the first time in over 30 years I've had a toddler to look after for a while day.

We're going to have a laugh. But I know I will be exhausted at the end of it, she is never still.

Enjoy it,  in a couple of years she will be in sole charge of a dithery old person that's easily confused and has no money left 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Trying to move back in, currently no heating, hot water, kitchen, and only partial lighting, rather live like that than stay with the outlaws any longer. Just need to reroute the bathroom waste pipes while the downstairs ceilings are down and relocate the soil stack, then at least I can carry out ones ablutions if nothing else. 😂

11 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Good luck with that. We've got the two youngest family members (1 & 2 yrs) on Saturday and the night as well. Might be reaching for the whiskey by the time they go to bed.

Riding sunday, the mrs has tyres to scrub in, ive new base layers to try out. drinking wine, eating crisps.. (wine after the ride of course)

today the step son comes for his scooter 50cc we got him.. his first steps to transport.

• Like 3

Just booked MOT for the Pan.

Sat 9am.

Then after the MOT will come home via Perth 😋

then continue with my long term task of installing the new flooring... 🙄

Edited by husoi
  • Like 1

Taking my parents out for a meal at a Thai place tonight with the girlfriend. I don't know if their excitement is that I'm paying, or maybe they wonder if my girlfriend is pregnant. I've got a small bet my mum probes with the "are you drinking?" question to the gf. 

Then this weekend, I'm being taken for a "walk around a castle" as the gf randomly fancied it. So will probably be Sunday before I can get to the bike shenanigans. I need to start working out what the new project needs, and the old Blackbird as that's a couple of months away from being sold. 

• Haha 1

I will be using the bike instead of my car.... to go look at some different cars.

My job has recently changed and I'll be doing a lot more miles, so looking for something that can sit a bit better than my current Abarth on motorway journeys. Currently thinking BMW 320d, Audi A4 or 5 or the Merc C220d

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fish said:

I will be using the bike instead of my car.... to go look at some different cars.

My job has recently changed and I'll be doing a lot more miles, so looking for something that can sit a bit better than my current Abarth on motorway journeys. Currently thinking BMW 320d, Audi A4 or 5 or the Merc C220d

Used car prices are seriously crazy right now. Especially anything fairly newish and in decent condition. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fish said:

BMW. 

Because I have one therefore you should get one. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, geofferz said:

BMW. 

Because I have one therefore you should get one. 

Does yours have the L8-4WK door locks?

The ones that freeze shut on a cold morning? 

Off to see the old. Dad came our of hospital Wednesday so thought I'd cheer him up with my naturally upbeat disposition. Of course I'm extra upbeat today as the boiler is killing itself and may need replacing.

15 minutes ago, goat said:

Off to see the old. Dad came our of hospital Wednesday so thought I'd cheer him up with my naturally upbeat disposition. Of course I'm extra upbeat today as the boiler is killing itself and may need replacing.

What you got, what's it doing or not doing? 

24 minutes ago, Bender said:

What you got, what's it doing or not doing? 

Hrm wallstar oil boiler, its had a few issues repaired in the past year (must be 20 odd yrs old), now the heat exchanger is heavily corroded and it's leaking out the front of it. That's been welded up before when it had a pin prick leak. Local chap is giving us a price for replacement heat exchanger vs new external boiler. He's a top guy, rides enduro competitively. 

Edit: from what can see online a replacement heat exchanger assembly is around £1300-1500). 

Edited by goat

21 minutes ago, goat said:

Hrm wallstar oil boiler, its had a few issues repaired in the past year (must be 20 odd yrs old), now the heat exchanger is heavily corroded and it's leaking out the front of it. That's been welded up before when it had a pin prick leak. Local chap is giving us a price for replacement heat exchanger vs new external boiler. He's a top guy, rides enduro competitively. 

Edit: from what can see online a replacement heat exchanger assembly is around £1300-1500). 

I would be changing it for a condensing, going from such an old thing you might even get a grant 😁 

If you give me a model no for external I can enquire re price. 

5 minutes ago, Bender said:

I would be changing it for a condensing, going from such an old thing you might even get a grant 😁 

If you give me a model no for external I can enquire re price. 

Cheers! Will find out what we need boiler wise. 

So off out car shopping today on the bike, 4 dealers visited. 2 stood out from the others. Audi Bexley and Merc Dartford gave time to look around before approaching and being very nice to deal with. Then the other 2..... BMW what a difference, first I was completely ignored and with a couple of staff sitting chatting to each other. The last I was acknowledged shortly after arriving and shown the model I was interested in. Didn't really feel comfortable in the car, but then came the hard sell that theirs are better than the Audi and Merc.... 😂 Both these last two are from the same franchise, so I might try a different on franchise tomorrow.

• Haha 1