Nob of the Day.......

Tango

18 hours ago, bonio said:

We call this Suffolk driving. Odd to think it happens in other places too.

Maybe some have escaped. We should round them up,  the roads just wouldn't be the same without them 

Edited by goat

1 hour ago, goat said:

Maybe some have escaped. We should round them up,  the roads just wouldn't be the same without them 

They seem to exist every where…
Down here there is a new breed developing, the Forest 30s these cross a cattle grid and slow to 30.

Apparently the statutory 40mph in the forest is to fast.  So they only drive at 30 mph to save the horses.  Don’t worry as as soon as they enter a town they are back to 40mph as pedestrians don’t matter…

• Haha 2

My nob of the day is Volvo X60 driver who got irate with me for filtering through the road works in Moreton in the Marsh. He then completely missed the existence of a mini roundabout and almost got broadsided by a van which had right of way over him. Karma. 

• Haha 3

I am going to nominate the biker... Who appeared in my mirror, quite rapidly along this plane...

_20220212_193604.thumb.png.d549f62cbc715c83b735d1f734fcd330.png

Then started beeping his horn for me to pull over to let him past. When I would not drive in the hedge to let him passed he forced his way passed inches away, brushing the hedge himself.

I was doing 40 mph and having driven that road often enough is fast enough in a car.

Deer, Foxes, Badgers, Tractors and packs of cyclists lots today...

• Like 2

On 11/02/2022 at 08:43, S-Westerly said:

My nob of the day is Volvo X60 driver who got irate with me for filtering through the road works in Moreton in the Marsh. He then completely missed the existence of a mini roundabout and almost got broadsided by a van which had right of way over him. Karma. 

Been through there, it can be err traffic intensive 

23 hours ago, onesea said:

I am going to nominate the biker... Who appeared in my mirror, quite rapidly along this plane...

_20220212_193604.thumb.png.d549f62cbc715c83b735d1f734fcd330.png

Then started beeping his horn for me to pull over to let him past. When I would not drive in the hedge to let him passed he forced his way passed inches away, brushing the hedge himself.

I was doing 40 mph and having driven that road often enough is fast enough in a car.

Deer, Foxes, Badgers, Tractors and packs of cyclists lots today...

What were they riding?

Edited by Pie man

• 3 weeks later...

Today it was the bloke on the A14 towing a trailer with a track car on it.

Nothing wrong with that I hear you cry except when he indicated to pull in to lane 2, the left hand indicator came on on the trailer. The numpty had wired them the wrong way round.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

The DHL driver yesterday. Queued at traffic lights, cyclist filtering on the drivers side like you would on a motorbike. DHL driver suddenly decides he wants to get out and opens door straight into the cyclist, knocking him flying. He helps the cyclist up and then gets back in the van and drives off as the lights have gone green. Cyclist cycled off seemingly OK but bet he'll be aching today. 

Well I will nominate Mr white Van Man… Who proceeded out of a residential car park, against a no exit sign.
Crossed a 2 lane one way street proceeding SLIGHTLY against the flow of traffic. He took the look and leap approach.

I had been following a car through the 30 zone it suddenly brakes hard (blue arrow), I reduce speed swing into right hand lane and brake purple line.
I am presented with the side of a white van crossing in front of me (red line). 

4B883B4F-7337-4C88-AFC6-AE78C5A3C85F.thumb.jpeg.40fe87e98561ed1be75437d87aff4873.jpeg

I used some luck up tyres are warm but road is cold, I had ice on my seat when I left.
Front wheel locked, I eased of on brake, left leg went down and I aimed for gap between car and van. Releasing front brake, I regained grip on the front .  
Some how I managed to stay shined side up, although I do believe I used allot of luck this morning…

5D3BF06D-6147-4D21-8D8E-D810098157CC.thumb.jpeg.abe671134d070397554c77795bc98c1f.jpeg

Path of van.

312F86D6-04A9-4BAD-9280-F82DCEF5681B.thumb.jpeg.868452e87906b6cd81d5fe432c1d83fc.jpeg

No exit sign…

I think what makes the driver an absolute knob is he probably didn’t even see any of it…

• Like 2

Can I nominate my ex-wife?

Had a fall out  with her nephew and his wife 9 yrs ago, hasn’t spoken to them since. He died recently, his funeral date announced the nephew’s family have said she’s not welcome (since we’ve been divorced 20yrs I have no idea of the detail). She’s still going. 

Our daughter is welcome and is going, so it’s going to make it difficult / embarrassing for her.

Addendum. Nob of the day 47yrs ago? Me. For marrying her. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

HMRC.

My wife is a part time teaching assistant. She earns less than the minimum tax threshold.  She pays no income tax. So this year HMRC have fined her for not submitting a self assessment tax return.

Nothing from them to tell her they wanted one. Just sent her a penalty notice for not going online and seeing if she needed to fill one in - which having now checked she doesn't need to but she still needs to pay the fine for not having known she didn't need to.

It's probably to cover Boris' fine for all his parties.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

HMRC.

My wife is a part time teaching assistant. She earns less than the minimum tax threshold.  She pays no income tax. So this year HMRC have fined her for not submitting a self assessment tax return.

Nothing from them to tell her they wanted one. Just sent her a penalty notice for not going online and seeing if she needed to fill one in - which having now checked she doesn't need to but she still needs to pay the fine for not having known she didn't need to.

It's probably to cover Boris' fine for all his parties.

I know you are both busy people but for that level of stupidity I would be quite happy to have my day in court and put it in the public domain !

Might be worth contacting a journalist and see if they are interested.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

I know you are both busy people but for that level of stupidity I would be quite happy to have my day in court and put it in the public domain !

Might be worth contacting a journalist and see if they are interested.

Cheers

Ian

Bit excessive, it being a gov body there is an appeal system, I would just start with that. 

I am going to put general one on now...

Any one who claims things have to be that way because of there OCD. 

Just spent 30 minutes checking and getting ready for shift for college who was late to spend another 20 minutes changing things because of there OCD.

Now I have a day off searching for kit cause he's moved it from where it normally is and he can't find it...

Because he likes a "tidy vehicle"...

OCD my ass ..

4 minutes ago, Bender said:

Bit excessive, it being a gov body there is an appeal system, I would just start with that. 

Whilst I appreciate your point I tend towards the line I took because Gov bodies in general (DVLA for example) are so bad they don`t improve unless they are held up in public for their failings.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Whilst I appreciate your point I tend towards the line I took because Gov bodies in general (DVLA for example) are so bad they don`t improve unless they are held up in public for their failings.

Cheers

Ian

Court would look very dimly on the fact that a process that is there for such things was not used, probably to the point they probably wouldn't entertain it, I've dealt with due process before and it had to be gone through before you were allowed to get past gandalf "you shall not pass" 

You Shall Not Pass Lord Of The Rings GIF

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Bender said:

Court would look very dimly on the fact that a process that is there for such things was not used, probably to the point they probably wouldn't entertain it, I've dealt with due process before and it had to be gone through before you were allowed to get past gandalf "you shall not pass" 

You Shall Not Pass Lord Of The Rings GIF

I have sent them a stern letter indicating our intention to appeal. When it comes to annoying bureaucrats I am quite good at it. 

• Like 3