What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Washed and ACF50'd the thing, run it up to high temps to get the smoke part out the way. Found the rad cap is leaking slightly, so quick trip over to the local dealers to order another.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Fish said:

Washed and ACF50'd the thing, run it up to high temps to get the smoke part out the way. Found the rad cap is leaking slightly, so quick trip over to the local dealers to order another.

If you haven't got a paint sprayer I find these good for applying acf as it gives a good fine mist the standard spray bottles it comes with are bit great. These are like a spray can without the gases.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331892381446?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=y_rAqIWsTU2&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=ZPITfT4aSPa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 3

4 hours ago, billy sugger said:

This. Moved satnav from handlebars to better position 

IMG_20230128_180308.jpg

IMG_20230128_175930.jpg

IMG_20230128_175900.jpg

IMG_20230128_175842.jpg

Good job there.   Surely the best place for a sat nav is where you can see it by just dropping your view from the road ahead. Doesn't require much refocusing.  Can't understand why car manufacturers insist on mounting sat navs where radios used to be.  You have to take your eyes well off the road and look down and to the side.  In this day and age a head-up display on the windscreen has to be possible ?

14 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Good job there.   Surely the best place for a sat nav is where you can see it by just dropping your view from the road ahead. Doesn't require much refocusing.  Can't understand why car manufacturers insist on mounting sat navs where radios used to be.  You have to take your eyes well off the road and look down and to the side.  In this day and age a head-up display on the windscreen has to be possible ?

Land Rover already do, as do many others.

It’s pretty decent, actually.

Went for a ride on the MT07 to the Local have it all dealer. Although I dissed the Suzuki GT, I've been offered a test ride, will see if I can get out on it next week. Also just broke into the 17st median. C25K

happy t-mobile GIF by John Legere

• Like 2

Went for a ride today 

roads was full of crap! gave it a wash and put it away again till it gets better :lol: 

The new brake and clutch levers are great! I now have so much more control on the clutch now I can adjust it to my needs 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, onesea said:

Sold the TDM after 5 years of owner ship.

To learn that my insurance has gone up £70 a year to insure a 125cc against a 900cc.

Legalised money laundering I tell you..

a bit like vehicle garages they have a licence to print money

After last weeks episode when the clutch cable went "twang" as I pulled into the drive and I ended up on the floor via a plastic garden chair and table. This left me with my arm in sling and a badly bruised shoulder. 

Ordered a new cable from a parts dealer in Germany which arrived earlier this week, so with my arm now sling free it was time to fit the new cable.

After pulling old cable out with a draw wire attached, without removing fuel tank, removed footpeg and mounting plate to gain access to clutch arm attached new cable to draw wire and pulled in new one. Allowing for removal of footpeg and mounts whole job took less than time it took for kettle to boil to make a cuppa.

Took another couple of minutes to finish adjusting cable and replacing parts removed and torquing footpeg mounting bolts up and ready for a quick road test.

• Like 3

Put an Ebay dark screen on it. Not a fan, becomes so much more apparent on the bike than a transparant one, for obvious reasons. A bit of an eyesore. I'll give a few rides but likely going in the bin.

At one time my bike had four screens. Now thanks to ebay, it's just got the one I like and I've also got the original. Plus a few quid to spare.

Edited by bonio
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gerontious said:

Made the final payment on the bank loan that bought it. 10 months early. It would have been sooner but I had a washing machine crisis before Christmas.

9CF201EB-2A42-4813-9F47-E898AACCCAF6.jpeg

Always a good feeling. 

Finished polishing the rear hangers on the XJR, got it mostly back together but discovered a leaking clutch slave cylinder. Ordered a rebuild kit.

Dropped the oil, took the filter off, discovered that the filter I'd bought was a cartridge type and someone had fitted an adapter so the bike now takes an ordinary screw-on. Put everything away half done. Then found that the filter I've got in stock for the Triumph would have done the job perfectly.

Ho hum, there's always tomorrow.

Edited by Fiddlesticks
  • Like 3

Put fuel in the 500 and took it for a quick shakedown round the block. First time it has been ridden since it failed to make it to the MOT. 

That was caused by a valve slipping its collets, and luckily the only damage was a bent valve stem. Bought a used pair of valves from a ebayer stripping a 500 to sell parts for charity, and new collets from M&P Swansea. All I need to do now is get it MOT'd and taxed, but won't be using it for the commute to work until I know its going to be reliable (don't fancy breaking down on the motorway) 

• Like 2

Gave it a good wash today after yesterdays ride! 

I fixed my mates brakes yesterday so we had to test them :lol: 

Gave it a good coat of ACF50 too and removed the centre stand and stripped it to bare metal ready for either powder coating or paint 

• Like 3

With the bike having had it's first service yesterday I went out to the Shropshire hills today and went above 4K revs for the first time. Starting to enjoy the riding now instead of just concentrating on applying the training I learnt over the last six months. Not so nervous anymore and getting the fact the bike is capable of much more than I'm asking of it. Really enjoying it now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Gave it a good wash today after yesterdays ride! 

I fixed my mates brakes yesterday so we had to test them :lol: 

Gave it a good coat of ACF50 too and removed the centre stand and stripped it to bare metal ready for either powder coating or paint 

Try a flairosol for applications of ACF. I use a paint sprayer for a good coating in the autumn then use a flairosol for top up coats  comes out like a mist better than the actual pump bottles acf supply and like a standard aerosol. You can get cheaper generic flairosols on ebay etc 

https://www.flairosol.com/?msclkid=de2830f2197411bd65da532de01981d5

• Like 1