What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

To cope with all the stress and angst of an imaginary brush with public transport. I came home to find a note through my door and a box casually tossed over the back gate. Opened the box and fitted its contents. A Puig Hugger. I’m so proud I could do a little dance. Maybe jump up and down. Or something. It’s always kinda amazing when everything goes smoothly. No bolts are dropped (never to be seen again) no holes are misaligned. And everything fits. I should go and buy cake!!

DF47911E-92A1-432F-BEC5-9AD01AB7C830.thumb.jpeg.e9f0069e3088fdfaf8e93fd4753012a4.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mickly said:

A bus from Earlsdon to Cov station … and you call other people lazy 🤣🤣

With my helmet , boots and leathers in a holdall . 

On 05/01/2022 at 14:55, Trooper74 said:

Oxford Monster Hex Chain .... cut silently, like butter .... I have the links as they dropped it when Connor appeared on the scene like Conan the Tax Inspector ... 🤣

You might be able to a replacement or a refund direct from Oxford Products unless they have learned their lesson from the D Lock / Biro scandal . 

• Haha 1

Rode it as it was nice (ish). Unfortunately decided to explore some sunken lanes. Turns out they are called this as they appear to be sunk or at least deep in muddy water. Bike is now utterly filthy so needs yet another wash. Two in one week! FFS.

• Haha 2

We’ve had some interesting high pressure weather conditions this week. The nights are cold, down to -4°, the mornings cold with afternoon temperatures up to 7-8°. That only tells half the story though because the strong sunshine and calm conditions make it feel really warm. I’ve been using the bike a lot, just going out for a couple of hours and enjoying the warmth, the empty roads and the countryside. I took the peak for my new Schubert E3 today which was a good move as the ride home into the low sun would have been a pain without it. Talking of the E3 it’s such a great winter helmet being draught free and warm I’m a bit worried about it being too warm later in the year! 🙂🙂

On 12/01/2022 at 21:51, DJP said:

Balanced throttle bodies...

tankprop.thumb.jpg.492404ff334d01b166facae266bbb127.jpgvacgauges.thumb.jpg.73f80a51ed24ba7af9d89118d9df68d6.jpg

I personally would get the damper valves all in the same place and make sure all pipes are equal in length and similar construction as the difference can affect the results 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DR1 said:

We’ve had some interesting high pressure weather conditions this week. The nights are cold, down to -4°, the mornings cold with afternoon temperatures up to 7-8°. That only tells half the story though because the strong sunshine and calm conditions make it feel really warm. I’ve been using the bike a lot, just going out for a couple of hours and enjoying the warmth, the empty roads and the countryside. I took the peak for my new Schubert E3 today which was a good move as the ride home into the low sun would have been a pain without it. Talking of the E3 it’s such a great winter helmet being draught free and warm I’m a bit worried about it being too warm later in the year! 🙂🙂

Planning to replace my C3 with a C5 in the summer. Supposed to be decent bit of kit. Never thought of an E3 but maybe I should.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DR1 said:

I'm not jealous of the weather you are getting honestly 🤬 freezing fog has been order of the day here for a day or so v damp and grey. Send us some pics to raise our spirits! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

I'm not jealous of the weather you are getting honestly 🤬 freezing fog has been order of the day here for a day or so v damp and grey. Send us some pics to raise our spirits! 

8ACFABF0-1028-4075-A6BF-7543CC2C7DB4.jpeg

0E8EDC8A-BB4D-4619-BDC0-94E314EF94C2.jpeg

8DEC9CEF-5159-45CA-AE40-8319A608746F.jpeg

7B2315F1-D9FF-4D81-B182-72227A83F4FB.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Freezing fog is a real downer isn't it.? Outside of the main roads I'm always fretting about the risk of ice plus I can't see far ahead it really is shite.

I had a bit of a shock today. I went out for a two hour ride in beautiful warm sunshine then right at the end I decided to take a back road home from my nearest town. The road surface had been in the shade all afternoon and it was still covered  by ice in places. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, DR1 said:

I had a bit of a shock today. I went out for a two hour ride in beautiful warm sunshine then right at the end I decided to take a back road home from my nearest town. The road surface had been in the shade all afternoon and it was still covered  by ice in places. 

Great photos a nice blue sky on a cold fresh day is good for the soul I'd say. Yes tricky this time of year there can be the odd weather hazard you don't expect. Keep safe and enjoy👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, James in Brum said:

I sold it. I am now bikeless. 
Not going to faff with the story but for right now our two family vehicles are cars and not one car and a bike. 
I’ll also need some stuff to change financially to be able to get a bike. 

I was feeling pretty grumpy. It is what it needs to be at the moment. It does give me chance though to think about exactly what bike do I want. As a luxury in my life I can be more picky. As a necessary mode of transport less so. 
with my Zzr I was getting some tennis Elbow when I rode her. Other than that she was perfect (ish). I might get another one and maybe fit some bar raisers. Only nagging thing is she was quick but I had gotten used to the quick. Would I want a bigger bike. 
mot something different completely, maybe a Vstrom or CBF1000.

I know I want some degree of fairing, not necessarily side panels but definitely a screen and nose cone. 
many suggestions welcome. Budget tiny everywhere but fantasy land.

‘I know I want some degree of fairing, not necessarily side panels but definitely a screen and nose cone. 
many suggestions welcome.’

One of my biggest concerns when looking for a bike to replace my Pan European was that I had become too used to the weather protection it offered from its large adjustable screen and fairing. I was pleasantly surprised to find how much protection a lot of bikes with small screens and minimal fairing panels give. Spend some time trying a few to find something that suits your needs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James in Brum said:

I was feeling pretty grumpy. It is what it needs to be at the moment. It does give me chance though to think about exactly what bike do I want. As a luxury in my life I can be more picky. As a necessary mode of transport less so. 
with my Zzr I was getting some tennis Elbow when I rode her. Other than that she was perfect (ish). I might get another one and maybe fit some bar raisers. Only nagging thing is she was quick but I had gotten used to the quick. Would I want a bigger bike. 
mot something different completely, maybe a Vstrom or CBF1000.

I know I want some degree of fairing, not necessarily side panels but definitely a screen and nose cone. 
many suggestions welcome. Budget tiny everywhere but fantasy land.

You know you secretly want to . 

Screenshot_20220117-101959.png