What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

52 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Hi @Grumpy Old Git I see you list your bike as a FLFBS may I ask what year as I have a 2019 one and I am interested if you have made any mods for long distance comfort?

Cheers 

Ian

2017 - I have fitted 2" risers/pullbacks. I use an air seat pad. I have the soft rear bag which sides over the pillion backrest onto the pillion seat and then has the rider backrest clipped to it - This is not ideal (but it helps), I am going to get a single rider seat with backrest this winter,

I also have the TomTom Ride and mount (fitted with a home-made sun screen), battery monitor with 2 USB power outlets.

Longest ride I have done in one trip was 640 miles (two short rest stops + refuel).

Fatboy.jpg

• Like 4

Hi 

Very similar and I will look into the risers although being 6ft ish I might not need them. 

I spend a lot of time with a passenger so the single seat won't be an option. 

Cheers 

Ian

20220709_141453.thumb.jpg.9c24373f19de88a97174bf5f7d7cc321.jpg20220709_141500.thumb.jpg.3c61c8c6d41cdc4e7ee5d08a0608642e.jpg

Very boring....I renewed the insurance for both of them with Bikesure. Their multibike policy is good value. 

Since last year my credit card is different so I needed to ring them to update the details. It was one of the easier calls to get to speak to a real human being. 

• Like 2

I would class that as a result !

Just lately I have had to get my late Father`s post redirected to me so I can have him removed from mailing lists and I have lost count of the number of robots I have had to navigate.

Cheers

Ian

I dropped my gear lever down several notches the other day... massive improvement in shifts, both up and down, but going up through the gearbox is especially slick now. New chain added recently also has made things super-smooth.

Woke up a bit grumpy and sad, so went off for a two-hour jolly in the hills and came back with a smile on my face. A motorbike working as it's supposed to is one of life's special pleasures. 😀

• Like 8

On 29/07/2022 at 09:58, Ian Frog said:

Oh the joys of a 240 section rear apparently only available from one manufacturer lol.

Cheers

Ian

I think you can get a Pirelli Rosso 111 as well as a Michelin Scorcher . 

• Like 1

Collected it from Time Hyatt at Motovation and took it for a wee spin. The desmo service is quite eye-watering but that's it for another 18 k miles. Now psyching myself up for Germany although I probably have a trip up north first. 

• Like 1

That's better , I must have sticking out feet . Now I can change gear without having to keep moving my foot on the peg . 

IMG_20220803_205823493.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fastbob said:

A nice ride out to Sally's Place on the Malvern Hills for the best BLT I know and a homemade Rock Cake . 

Polish_20220731_180342531.jpg

One of my favourite localish stops I can confirm the rock cakes are the best and a great ice cream selection too! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

One of my favourite localish stops I can confirm the rock cakes are the best and a great ice cream selection too! 

The Apricot Flapjacks take some beating too . I had Honey and Crystallized Ginger ice cream with my Rock Cake . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fastbob said:

The Apricot Flapjacks take some beating too . I had Honey and Crystallized Ginger ice cream with my Rock Cake . 

17 hours ago, fastbob said:

A nice ride out to Sally's Place on the Malvern Hills for the best BLT I know and a homemade Rock Cake . 

Polish_20220731_180342531.jpg

I'll have to stop there next time, its not to far from my neck of the woods.

Getting the 1980 Z500 ready for a 120 mile round trip to Stamford Bridge (Nr York) bike night at the old station Church road. If you are nr and at a loose end between 6pm and 8 pm get along, loads of bikes and good food and chat. Pics later when i get back before of to work. Looking forward to Whitby regatta Saturday's meeting up top.

earlier meeting

view-1.thumb.JPG.71cf01397757cc39179d0bbf13d4a26e.JPG

Edited by linuxrob
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, linuxrob said:

Getting the 1980 Z500 ready for a 120 mile round trip to Stamford Bridge (Nr York) bike night at the old station Church road. If you are nr and at a loose end between 6pm and 8 pm get along, loads of bikes and good food and chat. Pics later when i get back before of to work. Looking forward to Whitby regatta Saturday's meeting up top.

earlier meeting

view-1.thumb.JPG.71cf01397757cc39179d0bbf13d4a26e.JPG

Bugger! if I had seen this earlier I would have popped over 

• Like 1