What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

4 hours ago, Mickly said:

Cleaned & lined the chain on the Speedtriple in preparation for tomorrows ride down south. ( I did put a tarpaulin down on the drive to protect it but it soaked through & left a big black stain on the block paving, luckily Mrs Mickly won’t realise until I’ve gone )

Checked tyre pressures, oil & coolant levels, all good 👍 

Here is my planned route:

F9DF2CCA-FD12-4897-A698-F1A1F297E2DD.thumb.jpeg.b06198b16bafacdbc82f096e72cf955d.jpeg

If you are near Mevagissey on your journey I'd strongly recommend a trip to Alvorado restaurant ran by a couple Antonio and Sue, he's Portuguese and Sue from Sutton Coldfield. Fresh Portuguese fare lots of great seafood he has his own commercial fishing boat booking is a must tho its tiny 👍

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g528858-d731078-Reviews-Alvorada-Mevagissey_Cornwall_England.html

35 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

If you are near Mevagissey on your journey I'd strongly recommend a trip to Alvorado restaurant ran by a couple Antonio and Sue, he's Portuguese and Sue from Sutton Coldfield. Fresh Portuguese fare lots of great seafood he has his own commercial fishing boat booking is a must tho its tiny 👍

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g528858-d731078-Reviews-Alvorada-Mevagissey_Cornwall_England.html

Thanks for the recommendation 

Wont be there this time, but might well go later in the year when Mrs Mickly comes along 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Thanks for the recommendation 

Wont be there this time, but might well go later in the year when Mrs Mickly comes along 👍

Look forward to some pics maybe an empty layby or 2? 😂

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Look forward to some pics maybe an empty layby or 2? 😂

Didn’t stop in any empty ( or occupied ) lay-bys, just got some tags.

Now relaxing in the Caravan with a 🍺.

E511B7E6-CC6C-441F-A78B-F7A72446AF43.jpeg

2989D15D-D333-4F13-9CCB-A9D8813B0442.jpeg
Think that’s the most I’ve done in a single day, not bad when a lot of it was single track B roads ( did spank it on the last bit of the A30 though 😉)

Edited by Mickly
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Mickly said:

Think that’s the most I’ve done in a single day, not bad when a lot of it was single track B roads ( did spank it on the last bit of the A30 though 😉)

That gas bottles undersized for a van with a fire a combi and a cooker 😁 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bender said:

That gas bottles undersized for a van with a fire a combi and a cooker 😁 

There’s 2 of them 😁

33 minutes ago, Mickly said:

There’s 2 of them 😁

Yea but it's on what looks like an old calor change over valve from the age of steam, it only uses one bottle at a time, it looks like a 19kg bottle with max off take of just over 18kw, your morco feb 24e/ed is rated at just under 24kw, spinflo enigma cooker just under 9kw and your fire is 3.8 😁 just saying.

Who does the gas tests do they have a white stick or a horse maybe both 😂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mickly said:

Careful with the A30 there was a mobile speed camera about last week

8 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Careful with the A30 there was a mobile speed camera about last week

I have been caught out in the past 😠

but I now know all their regular haunts - it’s the unmarked cars that worry me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bender said:

Yea but it's on what looks like an old calor change over valve from the age of steam, it only uses one bottle at a time, it looks like a 19kg bottle with max off take of just over 18kw, your morco feb 24e/ed is rated at just under 24kw, spinflo enigma cooker just under 9kw and your fire is 3.8 😁 just saying.

Who does the gas tests do they have a white stick or a horse maybe both 😂 

That all may be true 🤷🏻‍♂️
but we’ve never had any problems.

The guy who does the gas check pointed out the need to update the change over valve ages ago, but as we don’t rent it out we didn’t see why we should fork out for it.

4 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Picked up the new girl now @fastbob has adopted the Dyna.

In the garden and I cat find anything to clean even after a 100mile journey home lol.

Cheers

Ian    

20220709_141453.thumb.jpg.d18329b8280184d9878e25d06c3bee1c.jpg20220709_141500.thumb.jpg.e4a993ba2e04a0216739cd532d7e4d52.jpg20220709_141516.thumb.jpg.169450e37b858893e8dd0ea8afad5bab.jpg20220709_141527.thumb.jpg.bb5e9a2ac620a94646209580b216bc04.jpg

Don't forget to change your profile now . I've already done mine . 

gave the bike a clean, and had the joys of taking the front cog cover off. It's been a few chain cleans since I did it last and I was shocked how much buildup of thick grease like crud!

20 minutes ago, Fish said:

gave the bike a clean, and had the joys of taking the front cog cover off. It's been a few chain cleans since I did it last and I was shocked how much buildup of thick grease like crud!

Best cleaner bar none is Petrol .

Today I got my misses on the back, she still shuts her eyes when filtering.  Although today was pleasant day to do it for a couple of miles of it.
When I guess 50% of the traffic already in the 14mile que to get to the beach. 

Pleasures of bangy crackling exhaust you can be obnoxious in doing it, down side is the cars make harder work of it for you.…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2