What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Packed and loaded my bike up ready for my trip North of the Border tomorrow!  Been looking forward to this run for a while now, hopefully the weather "and the midges" are kind .... 😀

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

Packed and loaded my bike up ready for my trip North of the Border tomorrow!  Been looking forward to this run for a while now, hopefully the weather "and the midges" are kind .... 😀

Don't worry, they only bite the English.

• Haha 4

On 14/06/2022 at 19:02, Bianco2564 said:

Took the carbs off the 380 this afternoon, pretty easy job; tank off, side panels, airbox,throttle cables, undo the inlet rubbers and that's it, about 15mins.

A fair amount of sediment in the 3 float bowls as seen on the blue paper. Two of the carbs overflow pipes were blocked.

Dropped the pilot & main jets out and blew through with the airline. The old inlet rubbers were so inflexible, comparison photos between old and new. Also the inlet clamps were fully wound in on the old rubbers and couldn't be tightened anymore, probably causing an air leak and it was so much easier to refit the carbs.

Fired back up and sounded nice and crisp, even though not fully warmed up, the idle was much smoother.

20220614_144849.jpg

20220614_144907.jpg

20220614_145853.jpg

20220614_152446.jpg

20220614_152453.jpg

Having new inlet rubbers makes fitting the carbs so much easier. Less likely to get an air leak too. 👌

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bud said:

Having new inlet rubbers makes fitting the carbs so much easier. Less likely to get an air leak too. 👌

Yes hopefully it will improve the running. Not been out on it yet but started and idled better.

• Like 2

Fixed the wobbly wing mirror, been annoying me for weeks. You know how it is get home from work and i will do that tomorrow.  Took 30 seconds in the dark, why didn’t I do it before..

• Like 2

On 16/06/2022 at 17:02, manxie49 said:

Off up there myself next week . New tyres , new clutch, bike running really well . Just need the weather to cooperate . Covid has given me a taste for free camping so I'm just setting off and playing it by ear . Have a great trip . 

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 5

Took my front wheel off to get a new tyre tomorrow. Will have a look at brake pads tomorrow too and give it all a good clean. Got those pretty red wheels on it that are an absolute menace to clean but they do look good when they're done 😊

• Like 3

Changed the wobbly gear lever / shifter its been anoying me for ages as there was about 1/2" of play in all direction

Got a new lever and footrest holder and seals and a new rubber  all greased up and installed cost approx €100 for OEM parts

image.thumb.jpeg.2668ad6a24a106405426aa4913423935.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.be07d9ec4bfe6d3edf19235516e1d351.jpeg

Edited by V650
To add photo
  • Like 5

New rubber and a very clean wheel...for the moment. Apparently putting a Bridgestone tyre on a Honda caused hilarity between the two mechanics there...not sure i get the joke 🤔 

Brake pads are fine too. Just going to clean them before putting back on. I'll do the back one this weekend. It'll be ready for my camping trip in Kendal next weekend 😍 Hope this weather lasts !!

Its a scorcher here again today 🔥

20220622_134054.jpg

• Like 5

Oiled the chain after a ride to a Boulangerie and now about to ride to the summit of Mont Ventoux 

E81689B9-77FF-4A3E-B661-F8795B6E2D60.thumb.jpeg.49759c1197e332eb14913c01afc2f4bd.jpeg

spotted a nice little death trap….

71CC70B9-EA8D-471B-A608-B33E00B2DFE0.thumb.jpeg.504b5869b2dfbdb5372f4b78005dd087.jpeg

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Did they change the brake fluid as well? 

Yep, coolant too. I trust these guys, and I owe them - they did me some favours in the past. 

• Like 2

Xena has been running rough for the last few days, cutting out and really sluggish and not quite her usual self. Decided to change the fuel filter and spark plug this morning, couldn't find the new fuel filter so only changed the spark plug, which was the actual culprit as it had split into two, the metal core was broken. Going to go for a blast around after lunch and just make sure that was it for the rough running, but can't see any other reason why :thumb:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dynax said:

Xena has been running rough for the last few days, cutting out and really sluggish and not quite her usual self. Decided to change the fuel filter and spark plug this morning, couldn't find the new fuel filter so only changed the spark plug, which was the actual culprit as it had split into two, the metal core was broken. Going to go for a blast around after lunch and just make sure that was it for the rough running, but can't see any other reason why :thumb:

Hopefully no bits of spark plug fell into the cylinder 🤞

15 hours ago, Mickly said:

Hopefully no bits of spark plug fell into the cylinder 🤞

No all's well in that respect, it was the central electrode that broke the plug itself was intact :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Cleaned, lubed, fluids checked, dropped off for its long over due mot 😁 

Hope it passes ok. Does long over due mean you did what I did and forgot to get it done on time?

I have to go to Scarborough next Sunday so it will be on the CBF as the Bobber isn't practical for carrying a week's luggage plus my laptop and papers. It needs a clean since my last conference which was in a very wet Derbyshire. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Hope it passes ok. Does long over due mean you did what I did and forgot to get it done on time?

I have to go to Scarborough next Sunday so it will be on the CBF as the Bobber isn't practical for carrying a week's luggage plus my laptop and papers. It needs a clean since my last conference which was in a very wet Derbyshire. 

I didn't forget, I just didn't have time, had daughters old house to prep (read re-build) 

Sorted now so I just have our little bedroom to turn into office for wife and then I'm freeeeeee 😂 in theory 🤔 

If it doesn't pass I would be very surprised, the lad I've dropped it off with will fix it, he's been fixing bikes for many many yrs 

• Like 1